ITT: Jow Forums in 1881

ITT: Jow Forums in 1881

Attached: shoveling snow in New York's record cold winter of 1880-81.jpg (659x469, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5AVik1q0v1o
youtube.com/watch?v=N1irCs7gXQg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my but that was quite the storm

Attached: nyc blizzard .jpg (1700x1250, 485K)

>Sneezes
Sorry fine gents, I didn't knew I was sick I'll just go home
Have a great day!

Thankfully the party of treason didn't get back into the White House last fall. I'm sorry Democrats, but you may have a shot when Garfield leaves office in March '89.

Redpill me on the Chilean army.

I heard they found some remains related to the Romans in Rabat.

The great German chimpout in my city

Attached: heritage walk.jpg (600x307, 66K)

Why do they refuse to assimilate?

Germanic autism

I miss the war days. Life was exciting and dangerous. Now all we preoccupy ourselves with are the tariff and the price of silver.

>but you may have a shot when Garfield leaves office

Attached: 61AofymowmL._SY355_.jpg (400x300, 22K)

Wanna join the army and shoot some redskins in Montana with me?

Those fuckers built a telephone tower outside my wiondow.
I literally can't afford to move.

Attached: telefontorn.jpg (580x600, 102K)

Ah too bad, you could buy yourself a nice farm in Minnesota.

We elected some former confederate as governor
lololol

Attached: Screenshot (41).png (516x583, 109K)

|>be swede
>go outside
>get trapped in phone wires

I'm game. Getting bored and envious of Uncle Alfred's stories about serving in the 6th Michigan Cavalry during the war.

Nice scam

Attached: 2010-05-17 21-53-49_0014.jpg (1600x1003, 321K)

Daily reminder that g*Rmans are filth that we must remove from this world.

Argh stupid Germano*ds are burning our forests

The Indian wars were way more cruel and nasty than anything the Civil War brought, incidentally. Lot of scalpings, rapes, murders of women and children. It was pretty brutal.

Blasted. The president shuffled off this mortal coil last evening. That damn rat office seeker got his wish, his corrupt Conklingite errand boy is in the White House. I weep for this country.

>he has a president

Attached: 1519725710617.jpg (600x600, 59K)

wtf everything is awsome

youtube.com/watch?v=5AVik1q0v1o

Attached: zzzb.png (1000x1113, 750K)

You are also poor as dirt and half your population lives in the Midwest.

yeah you know what
honestly
republicanism isnt that bad after all

Were they are even poorer just like you.

ok but pls don't spread it here
August Bebel is full of shit

This was the 1880s so unless you lived in the impoverished South, things were going great guns--it was the age of industrialization. The 1870s it was true were years of economic malaise.

Ehm, no. For the swedes that moved to the Midwest, it was really bad. They had it just as bad and tried to lure neighbors and relatives over with post cards so they wouldn't be as miserable.
Just because a nation is faring well economically doesn't mean that the people have it good. Just look at India.

Attached: Peach_canningtntn.jpg (802x513, 75K)

Not all areas of a country are doing well at any given time. As we mentioned, the South of course was dirt-shit poor and still recovering from the Civil War. The industrial cities in the Midwest and Northeast had all the money and the best jobs.

Minnesota and the Dakotas would have had few jobs outside of farming. By the 1880s, farm prices began to slip and serious agricultural distress set in.

IMA A COWBOY

Gid up, partna. We need to drive the longhorns down to Ft. Worth.

can't keep promise for that
sorry not sorry

Attached: 1522483715599.jpg (249x252, 5K)

Yes it's sure a glorious thing to be a black man in 1880s Georgia. Happy days.

Are interested in this subject? We had a a offshoot show of a program where these two people larp as living in past eras. Eat their food and all that. The offshoot had them travel to america to show how people migrated. They based it on a journal from a woman who migrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=N1irCs7gXQg
I can't find the episodes but here's the "trailer"

Keep your head down and do not look white women in the eye when you're walking down the street. You have been warned.

Poor James Garfield. Back in the time when government jobs were based on patronage and the White House lawn swarmed with office seekers. It was inevitable that someone was going to snap one day.

Of course he wouldn't have died either if the doctors hadn't been amazingly stupid and poked his wound until it got infected.

>Erik Haag

Attached: 1509665362873.jpg (302x282, 21K)

I'm just gonna say it...I really hate those NIGGER poles! I hope the next tzar won't shit on our glorious autonomous region.

Attached: 1540403854391.png (494x405, 143K)

Jow Forums in the past would have been those autistic skull measurements and face/nose comparisons paintings

Farmers also suffered from crooked railroad business practices. If you didn't pay their ripoff rebates, they'd refuse to transport your grain to market and it would left rotting in a damp silo. The railroads in those days were immensely powerful and wielded more power over the nation than Congress or the president.

idiot ryssä

Russians were out to genocide all the minorities anyway.

'Allo guvnah! Ah'm here ta sweep yer chimney, then conquer yer nation!

Thessaly is officially freed from roach power this year.

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT THE OTTOMANS ARE COMING RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

Attached: NEVER FORGET BIG STRONK OTTOMAN EMPIRE.png (1920x1080, 902K)

Needless to say, it was the boring years between Reconstruction and the Spanish-American War when everyone wanted to get rich building industry and politics were irrelevant shit flinging over currency and the tariff. Also beating up the last Indians.

Golly, it's the sick man of Europe. He'd vanish from the map tomorrow except nobody wants Russia to take the Dardanalles.

>France
lol
it was literally just an army invited in Marseille in all courtesy for the winter as we had an alliance and this fucking map shows half of Provence as conquered territory what the fuck haha

just saw a negro on my way to the opera garnier WHAT THE FUCK

Thats my gf
thoughts?

Attached: 25788674127_13247d5649_o.jpg (720x1122, 231K)

For every Irishman who has his arm chopped off in the mill, there's ten more where he came from.

Good night sweet prince.

Attached: alexander_ii.jpg (1300x1640, 819K)

Russian schoolgirls in 1881
thoughts?

Attached: 16568agmb.jpg (1300x1041, 414K)

back in 1881 brazil was still an empire and the first italian immigrants were coming in large scale to states like sao paulo, rio grande do sul, santa catarina and parana