Finland may be soon inhabited by predatory animals from South

Shakal and Raccoon are on their way to Finland.

ess.fi/uutiset/kotimaa/art2512227

Raccoon was an American mammal which was brought to Central Europe by people. They escaped to the wilderness centuries ago. Now they have established themselves as wild populations as far north as Denmark. They would be perfectly fine in Finland too if they reach Finland as climate is similar to northern parts of USA.

If a raccoon gets to Finland it may settle its living space next to the people. It has been known to do so in America.

Shakal on the other hand is Arabic canine which has been steadily going northwards as Arabian peninsula becomes less and less inhabitable due to turning into a desert even more.

Shakal was seen in Estonia. Finland is only a matter of time. However in Finland it may find fierce resistance from wolverines which like to kill all predators it sees as competitors. Wolverines are known to attack any foreign predatory mammal it doesnt recognize.

Lastly there is wild boars which are now becoming a pest in Finland. They originate from Estonia as Finland itself had no wild boars decade ago.

Attached: Golden_wolf_sa02.jpg (432x288, 168K)

Attached: raccoon.webm (706x396, 1.11M)

Why the FUCK are there raccoons in Europe? Germans are truly sub-humans.

people like them, japan has a racoon problem too
there was an anime about racoons

I like coyotes. With winter coats they're the most beautiful canines out there, and I love the often sarcastic looking face they pull off. It doesn't mean I want them in the wild here. They are probably an absolute pain in the ass in America.

Attached: Picture2[1].jpg (875x999, 122K)

only because they killed the wolves, coyotes were a small animal predator until the wolves got wiped, then they got braver

I wouldnt worry about raccoons that much, they aren't a big deal and at worst might knock over a trash can

The Jackal might be an issue though if they're anything like coyotes. Fuck coyotes.

People would get mad because coyotes would eat our pets and hunting dogs

hunting dogs are probably safe, anything smaller though will be vulnerable.
Don't let your cat out at night if there's coyotes around, you might not see it again.
Take care when walking small dogs at night, they're ballsy fuckers and will run up on you to try and grab the dog away.

What if you put armor on your pet? They can really only bite, not much more canines can do. If they can't bite it, will they just fuck off?

>Jackals
>Raccoons
Based and cute!
inb4 buttblasted peasants

they use hunting dogs in all sizes, for example roe deer and hare hunters can use dachs. When these dogs are out in the wilderness and off leash, the coyotes are a big threat

Wolves hunt coyotes? Thought they would be bros.

wolves put population pressure on coyotes
they breed much less, they are also semi-competitors

Just be glad you don't have coyotes.

Those yellow-eyed bastards are meaner than foxes, bolder than wolves and breed like crazy.

they have those

Attached: 8a82cd1ca628b63521acd807250ed47a.jpg (800x560, 72K)

And they adapt like crazy as well. Don't they just stroll down the streets everywhere looking for scraps like other, much smaller animals?

aren't raccoons agressive and dangerous?
aren't coons named after racoons?

raccoons are completely harmless
raccoon dog is a different thing, that one is dangerous

raccoon comes from north america while raccoon dog comes from siberia

not sure if coons comes from raccoon or raccoon dog

Wolves kill and eat coyotes when they can and they also compete for larger prey animals. When they re-introduced wolves into Yellowstone the coyote population dropped 90% and small animals that had been the main prey of the coyotes had a population boom while larger prey animal populations have declined as wolf numbers grow.

Depends on where you are but yeah. In places where they get shot at they're much more leery than in big cities.

are there proper wolves in North America?
I somehow thought there is only coyotes and their relatives

america had grey wolves, largest wolves in the world
they were killed at the time of buffalo massacre, recently they try to reintroduce them, it is not easy

>aren't raccoons agressive and dangerous?
Lmao no. They're less dangerous to animals than foxes but because their diet varies more they spend a lot of time tearing apart bags of your trash and spreading it around to get at the good bits - they're a lot like very very small black bears.

>aren't coons named after racoons?
Yes.

I don't know m8
they carry rabies too

Attached: coon.jpg (489x346, 23K)

red pill me on coyotes

Coon comes from racoon because racoons can steal your food.

>are there proper wolves in North America?
Yes.

>I somehow thought there is only coyotes and their relatives
Nope, although we killed off all of our wolves in the 19th and 20th centuries and then later reintroduced wolves from Canada into a few remote areas. Yellowstone in particular is famous for having large wolf populations.

It seems like the North American wilderness is really dangerous. I would be unsure if I'd even want gray wolves reintroduced. They could probably prey on humans when they go in packs.

I'm not familiar with that feeling, the thing I fear the most in the woods here are these little faggots. I'll take raccoons over these any day.

Attached: shutterstock_215206015[1].jpg (500x334, 196K)

rabies is non existant in Finland but I see the point, soon it wont be

you guys should introduce siberian tigers into your forests

Attached: images (38).jpg (480x297, 21K)

>Finland may be soon inhabited by predatory animals from South
They've been taking in immigrants for a while haven't they?

No, Porkistan. We should not.

whats it doing with that cock

>predatory animals
They already are here. They are called refugees.

Russia should hurry up with that plan of bringing back woolly mammoths.
Then we could hairy elephants here too!

Raccoons are welcome.

i have a racoon family that i feed and pet
my roommate gets mad at me and threatens me if i feed them but i cant stop

Attached: IMG_4812.jpg (1536x2048, 299K)

Why tho

Kill him and feed him to the raccoons.

Attached: ac912f-20180612-raccoon-inside-02.jpg (2000x1333, 152K)

>hunting dogs are probably safe

Lol it's true that they can't overpower EVERY dog but Coyotes are not only deadlier but they're also smart. Your hunting dog would get lured into a trap and eaten.

Coyotes are the solution to your shitbull problem by the way

Could tamed coyotes (it takes just 9 generations) put shitbulls in their place (Hell)?

ITT Americans failing to admit even their wild canines are mutts
>In the third edition of Mammal Species of the World published in 2005, the mammalogist W. Christopher Wozencraft listed the eastern wolf as a gray wolf subspecies,[2] which supports its earlier classification based on morphology in three studies.[11][12][13] This taxonomic classification has since been debated, with proposals based on DNA analyses that includes a gray wolf ecotype,[14] a gray wolf with genetic introgression from the coyote,[8] a gray wolf/coyote hybrid,[15] a gray wolf/red wolf hybrid,[13] the same species as the red wolf,[16] or a separate species Canis lycaon.[16] Commencing in 2016, two studies using whole genome sequencing indicate that North American gray wolves and wolf-like canids were the result of ancient and complex gray wolf and coyote mixing,[5][6] with the Great Lakes wolf possessing 25% coyote ancestry and the Algonquin wolf possessing 40% coyote ancestry.[6]

>Coyotes and wolves first hybridized in the Great Lakes region, followed by a hybrid coyote expansion that created the largest mammalian hybrid zone known.[6] In 2014, a DNA study of northeastern coyotes showed them on average to be a hybrid of western coyote (62%), western wolf (14%), eastern wolf (13%), and domestic dog (11%) in their nuclear genome. The hybrid swarm extended into the midwestern United States, with Ohio coyotes shown on average to be a hybrid of western coyote (66%), western wolf (11%), eastern wolf (12%), and domestic dog (10%) in their nuclear genome.[7]

Probably not, coyotes aren't actually very big, there are large coyote wolf hybrids called coywolves or tweed wolves (a pack killed a woman here a few years back) but regular prairie coyotes are relatively small and unlike pitbulls weren't bred specifically for fighting.

>CoonRobsSomePussies.webm

It's also funny when Americans make fun of Australians for losing a war to emus since America waged a much larger, longer, and more comprehensive, war on coyotes and lost miserably. Instead of killing them off they spread the population from their native plains region to every contiguous state and now they commonly encroach on large urban areas.

whats with the spaghethi

based and rabiespilled

But that didn't have an ebin wikipedia page posted on r/TIL

Good post.

Attached: 9841651964832651.jpg (934x1401, 190K)

Wtf why do Americans do this

Why the hell would you record that. He could’ve given any number of diseases to the cats by contaminating their food and water, not to mention had he gotten into a fight.

No he couldn't

Coyotes are gorgeous when they have blue eyes, though.