Japan government's debts are 240% of GDP, however half of the obligees of the debts is the Bank of Japan

Japan government's debts are 240% of GDP, however half of the obligees of the debts is the Bank of Japan.
And the owner of the bank is Japan government.
So it's OK that Japan government doesn't pay back money to the bank forever.

Attached: image.jpg (450x426, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/heres-who-owns-a-record-2121-trillion-of-us-debt-2018-08-21
cnbc.com/2018/07/11/global-debt-hits-a-new-record-at-247-trillion.html
reuters.com/article/us-japan-economy-boj/japan-central-banks-total-assets-exceed-countrys-gdp-data-idUSKCN1NI04T
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1546425643256.jpg (1200x893, 165K)

how the fuck does that work
t. brainlet

JEANIOUS

Why dont they just fucking erase the debt, if they own the bank who owns the debt of japan, then they can just make it go poof! Otherwise it's in a infinite state

it would fuck with the strength of their currency

No it isn't that's not how economics work

So Japan still has 120% of GDP debt?

Rapidly erasing the debt could destabilize bond markets. Furthermore, by erasing the debt the government would be essentially printing new money which would generate inflation. Erasing the debt could be done, this is generally referred to as seniorage, however it would have to be done slowly and carefully managed.

>I own debt to my own company

>to my own company
or myself
hence japan's credit default risk is among the lowest

Attached: cds-map.png (1424x864, 578K)

The baby boom generation after the WW2 has resisted increasing tax rates. The generation has much money.
Japan government will get the money as an inheritance tax someday. So the debts will disappear.

so how much more can you borrow?

Yes, real debt is 120% of GDP

>pays tax to the government
>and lends your money to government
what kind of this cuckoldry mindset?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

>>and lends your money to government
individual japanese rarely have jgb but most are held by domestic financial institutions like banks, pension funds, insurance companies and such. they are usually long-term holders, and this is another reason why jgb is very stable. it's hard to collapse when nearly half of the debts are held by the central bank and the bulk of the rest are held by those domestic long-term holders.

If Japanese currency Yen was cheaper than other ones, you're right
But Yen is not a currency which is cheap
So Japanese government can do this

Lmao just right click on the excel sheet and press "delete"

Japanese super scared regarding debt after their asset bubble :D. Their sheet is always clean

Attached: snapshot_01.16_[2016.12.23_01.43.55].png (1920x1080, 2.76M)

am I some kind of turbo brainlet? How can you be indebted to your own bank?

No, it fucking can't you braindead fucktard. All debt has to be paid eventually. Your country is about to fucking collapse finnancialy if you keep doing this retarded shit.

No, the debts will not magically disappear. Brainlet.

Attached: brainlet 3.jpg (645x671, 81K)

It makes more sense on a smaller scale since often you can do creative bookkeeping with debts, though I wouldn’t know how it works on a national scale

BASED

But seriously would domestic long-term holders just let government nullify their bonds? They would collapse into the nothing if the government actually put that into the action

The Japanese central bank have to pay back their gain to the Japanese government.
Therefore the Japanese government can reduce their payment of interest.
And if the Japanese central bank have too many debts, the Japanese central bank can repay the Japanese government's debts.
Because Yen is not a currency which is cheap.

Everyone is saying Japanese debt is things.
But one of the most stable and hardest society in the world is actually japan.
Brainless people can’t understand this at all.
Why yen is trustworthy compere other currency.

Is there more stable and trusted economy and society more than japan?
Germany? France? Uk? Sweden?

the japanese can always commit ritual suicide at any momentru to get out of their debt obligations. this is why their credit risk is so low desu. None of the creditors want to push hiro too hard as it would only take one thrust of the proverbial katana to erase the debt

Yes it DOES have to pay, you dumb fuck. You nips are fucking laughabe really. Your autistic, oriental ant-mentality prevents you from understanding basic economy. You think you desinged some king od ''master plan''? No, its just pure fucking retardenss. Western economies are superior to yours anyway, so don't act like you are fucking superior. You are not.

All debts have to be paid. This is why you had a fucking CRASH and RECESSION in 1990.

>Is there more stable and trusted economy and society more than japan?

Unites States, and Germany, UK all are more stable. You Japs are really backwards.

And you probably are not even Jap, just some ELS nigger.

Why is the US so low while running a trillion dollar deficit with a large portion of their 22 trillion dollar debt being foreign owned?

Based.
N*pshits btfo

Coz they got big guns to back it up

Because the US is perfectly capable of paying its debt interests. It's the most powerful and geopolitically secure country on the planet with the largest economy and highest tax revenues. For these reasons not only do investors trust US bonds but they're willing to make very little profits from them because it's a virtual guarantee your money will be kept safe.

But it just borrows more money to pay the interest. That goes on forever and they're fine?

US has largest Oil and Gold reserves on the planet.

>large portion of their 22 trillion dollar debt being foreign owned
marketwatch.com/story/heres-who-owns-a-record-2121-trillion-of-us-debt-2018-08-21

Only small portion of US debt is foregin owned.

You are too stupid to talk about finance
Study more

based super chimpout polish

yes but its barely 100% of their annual gdp. They can pay it off very easily.
not an expert but i m assuming they are able to get really low interest on those loans

Only if they lived in a vacuum. There may come a day when an economic crisis hits hard in the US and renders its federal gov't unable to pay its very high interest bills. It might get its credit rating downgraded or in a worst case scenario default. But for now there's little worry

Here it's theoretically illegal for the government to take loans from state-owned banks. Not that it doesn't happen though, Dilma (our president in 2010~2016) was impeached because she used a loophole to do just that, take a "loan".

For some reason the interest payments are rising really fast
I thought it was like half. I was reading the foreign owned debt would equal the GDP in 10 years.

Attached: 0916-biz-web-DEBT-CHART-1-Artboard_3.png (600x868, 4K)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-15-06-56-52-1.png (636x935, 48K)

>All debt has to be paid eventually.
No, countries can default on their debt. It is bad though since that usually means you can't borrow anymore.

Not like that would happen to Japan. But they could have to deal with greater inflation which depresses real wages, real pensions and real savings. Japan had extreme inflation in the past: 25% for a time in the 70s, meaning that the real value of money was decreased by a quarter of it's previous value. It used to go over 5% annually and it still approaches that value sometimes.

For comparison, the USA under the Keynesian plans of FDR never even went over 20% annually.

"too big to pay" memes

>stop browsing Jow Forums for like 5 years
>come back
>they are still obsessed with debt
wtf

Also, to understand the dangers of hyperinflation, look to the mark during the Weimar Republic, the zimbabwean dollar under Mugabe, or, more recently, the venezuelan bolivar under Maduro.

Didn't your country have to get bailed out by the IMF?

Yes, and will probably need to re-negotiate in 12-18 months, or we'll default again

The point is, Japan is not 'special case' as they sometimes present themselves as.

>All debt has to be paid eventually.
That's arithmetically impossible. The world owes about 3 times as much money as the money that currently exists.

cnbc.com/2018/07/11/global-debt-hits-a-new-record-at-247-trillion.html

We're facing a crisis in the capitalist system then?

Government debt is to the hands of Japanese citizens, it being denominated in the national currency is not unusual and other countries like the USA also use it.
The problem with Japan is that if the government becomes insolvent it's not a bunch of foreign debt owners that get fucked it's the average Jap.
With a stagnating aging society you can expect the the bomb to eventually drop that the money for the pensions and your private savings aren't there because the debtor, the government doesn't have them.
I'd save in dollars or euros if I were a Jap because it's a matter of time before their currency drops like the two towers.

reuters.com/article/us-japan-economy-boj/japan-central-banks-total-assets-exceed-countrys-gdp-data-idUSKCN1NI04T

Because there is a hierarchy inside Japan. It's the same reason Western banks weren't allowed to go bankrupt in 2008. There are people who profit.

i think its because the govt decided they need them (banks) for their financial system also not to mention average citizen's wealth being kept there. if they were to fall there would be chaos.

Isn't taking money from your own banks like literally printing money in the first place ?