Untitled

Attached: province.jpg (720x375, 19K)

B A S E D

Based!

the language is literally called Portuguese though. stop trying to make it seem like they're the ones who are cucked
samefag

oh no no no

Attached: asdasfgfdgsdfsdf.png (303x900, 85K)

How close are spanish and portugese? Are they mutually intelligible at all? Or are they like english and german where they have some similar words and are both germanic in origin, but mutually unintelligible?

portugal BTFO
How can they ever recover?

We can understand like 90% of spanish but speaking is extremely hard. Not sure if it's the same for them.

I believe they are something like western and eastern Slavic dialects.

spanish is baby talk

I don't know how native speakers hear things, but as a really half-assed French and Spanish speaker, they sound pretty different to me. Portuguese sounds like it's somewhere between those two languages, but it doesn't have the pleasing qualities of either. It sounds awkward and a little ugly in my opinion. Also I think there's less shared vocabulary than you'd think, although of course they do have plenty of words in common.

We write almost the same, but read differently. They're definitely distinct enough to be two languages, but you can see the similarities.

Spoken, we understand Spanish quite easily, they can't understand jack shit because we have harder phonemes/diction.

Spanish feels like Portuguese extremely simplified, like a trial version with half the shit locked away.

Attached: free_trial.jpg (639x425, 171K)

We can understand about 90% of portuguese when written.
When talking they understand us better than we understand them.
Brazilian portuguese is easier to understand than portugal portuguese since it is clearer.
You can have a conversation with a portuguese lad easily tho.

>You can have a conversation with a portuguese lad easily tho.
Yeah, it's just a matter of us slowing down and opening all the vowels, and you guys also slowing down a bit.

Brazilians already open half the vowels anyway so it's simpler for almost anyone to learn.

Neat. I learned something new today.

So basically scandi tier then, nice

spanish is literally downgraded portuguese, i can understand like 95% of european spanish but latin american spanish it's a bit trickier

Attached: spvspt.png (597x81, 4K)

No, a bit more distinct. We can't do the whole "same grammar with different words" in shampoo bottles like you guys do. We've been separated for longer.

We still get the gist, but we do a lot more contractions of words, we both use different verb tenses in different situations, have different grammar structure here and there, etc.

Don't bully our bro

surprisingly very little bullying in this thread.

>14 vowels

What? We have 5 just like them.

It's because Brazil, Portugal, Spain and the rest of South America all really love each other, tugabro. :3

WHite Brazilians are easy to communicate with - the types from Rio sound like chimps begging for bananas.

Sounds, not letters. É, Ê and E (as in the last letter in diferente) are all pronounced the same. Also "vêm" and "vêem" have different sounds, etc. I think Brazilian Portuguese actually differentiates between a couple that we don't (or is it the other way around?)

All Brazilians are easy to understand when calm, desu. It's only when they get excited and louder that it becomes impossible for us to understand. Rio is probably the easiest accent for us to understand, since we're more used to it via any news-related stuff that we get from them.

So, Norwegian and faroese then basically

Actual retarded. Rio's accent is the closest to Portugal according to linguists.

I think there's a sub-region in the North East that's actually pretty close (not -dji endings, usage of tu). Or am I mixing stuff up?

>a,â,á,ã,e,ê,êm,ém,em,i,o,ó,ô,u

i think there are some differences with european portuguese though, iirc they have even more vowel sounds

portuguese is way more complicated to get fluent on speech than spanish due to this reason. You'll rarely see a spanish-speaking person speaking portuguese without accent, but the other way around it's pretty fucking common.

we underestimate portuguese pronunciation too much. i was born in the us and my parents returned here when i was like 6 years old, my american accent took years to finally dissipate

We have 5 letters and diacritics to represent sounds like: á, â, ã/an; é, ê, en; i, in; ó, ô, õ/on; u, un; plus the schwa iirc.

you are rarted

It's even easier to understand each other in the frontier with the Platine nations. In southern Brazil, Spanish has a clear influence on Portuguese, and vice-versa. There's even a linguistic fusion called Portuñol.

It's safe to assume related languages in close proximity will have a degree of mutual intelligibility.

English is a unique case. It's very much a Latin language vocabularily while retaining Germanic grammar, it has no close relative really. Dutch is the most similar, but even then it's all gobbledygook and much closer to German than English.

tryhard

*ruins everything*
hehe

Portugal is north african

Now it's our turn to colonize them.

Attached: 545434.jpg (296x171, 8K)