I hope this doesn't sound too retarded but, how easy is it to learn a language...

I hope this doesn't sound too retarded but, how easy is it to learn a language? (i'm thinking of learning something as a hobby)

Attached: rip me.png (598x480, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/J_EQDtpYSNM
euronews.com/2013/12/07/keep-fighting-klitschko-fiancee-hayden-panettiere-tells-ukraine-rally
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

depends what language of course
it's not really hard, but it takes a lot of time and persistence

Fuck off nigger I want an answer from a real country

I think they're real...

As a British person who probably hasn't ever spoken another language outside of the mandatory lessons in secondary school, extremely difficult. Bear in mind that non-native English speakers usually get a decent grasp of English for two main reasons:
1. They start from a young age
2. They consume a lot of English-language media

You don't really need another language for business except in certain special cases (e.g. working as a translator, learning Russian/Chinese if you want to be a spy, etc.) so the only reason you should even consider learning a language is if you plan on visiting a particular country often or if you plan on consuming a lot of media in that language. Unless you immerse yourself in the language, you will never become fluent.

I've already stated i'd only learn it as a hobby tho i do plan on playing on TF2 servers that may speak that language. Also i'm not British, our day will come

I "learned" english by consuming a lot of english-language media like said.
My youtube recommendation page for example, only has videos in english, and it has been that way for years. I also played video-games in english and translated phrases I did not understand at the time. To learn properly, you have to consume a lot.
youtu.be/J_EQDtpYSNM

It's pretty hard in the sense that you have to fully commit. Do you see yourself practicing and learning new stuff for 2 years +?

Ehh maybe

french is probably easiest as it shares many words with english

African?

oui

xD

Depends on how similar your mother tongue is to the language that you want to learn. For Japanese speakers it's pretty easy to learn Korean because our languages are similar but damn me if you want to learn English as a native Japanese speaker. You're more fucked if you want to learn Japanese as an English speaker because Kanji is plain retarded though.

starting after age 10 is basically wasting your time, you won't ever learn another language

yea and when youre still a virgin by the time you hit puberty your life is basically over and you could honestly kill yourself

based

After about 15 years old learning a language gets harder and harder. Kids can grow up speaking two languages very naturally without much trouble if their parents speak different languages. I'm learning Spanish but it's annoying slow progress, also peopled avoid speaking to me in Spanish enough, not getting enough real world practice

Well, i'm learning english for 1.5 years and i'm still not far from "My name is Boris" and "London is the capital of Great Britain".

haha u so funny bby
upvoted ; ))

Not a lot but you should have started when you were like 6-10 yo

Hello Boris

>upvoted ; ))
Good to know i hit my target

Good evening my dear sir. How do you do?

Is your name really Boris? That sounds like a stereotypical Ukrainian name, like Sven for Swedes or Hans for Germans or Seamus for Irish

You know not to call Derry, Londonderry right?

Like many have said depends on your age and how different it is from your native tongue. Also if you need to learn some ching chong moon alphabets that for example China or Japan uses then it's even harder.

>been learning french for the last 8 years
>not even half fluent

Attached: 1539283992250.png (525x422, 239K)

nuh, actually my name is Roma.
I didn't get you, sorry.

One Harrying was not enough

Yeah, it disappoints.

Check the bottom of your car tomorrow

>I didn't get you, sorry.
Derry/Londonderry is the second biggest city in Northern Ireland. People who want Northern Ireland to join the Republic of Ireland call it "Derry" and people who want Northern Ireland to stay in the United Kingdom call it "Londonderry".

kek

Attached: map_of_ireland.jpg (466x350, 30K)

>Check the bottom of your car tomorrow
kinda some british joke?
I got it. No, i didn't know about it. We have own political problems.

I can't tell if your
A. Innocent loli
B. Trying to be funny

A language is usually about 2000 words, 10 words a day.

Do you know who Wladimir Klitschko is? He is the most famous Ukrainian here. Be married an American actress

Ofc, i know, it's like i would ask if you know who Mike Tyson is.

the average native speaker has a vocabulary of around 15-20000 words, more educated or well-read people can have a way larger vocabulary tho ... in the 50 000s

Jesus man.

Pff, tests show i know about 6 thousands words and it's still very not enough.

It's extremely difficult and almost entirely pointless.

This is bullshit. It's much easier for children but (almost) anyone can learn.

knowing 6000 words in a foreign language is actually quite advanced

Mike Tyson is just a negro good boxer. Wlad's wife was always supporting Ukraine, into they got divorced

> 'Keep fighting', Klitschko fiancée Hayden Panettiere tells Ukraine rally

The American actress Hayden Panettiere has appeared alongside her Ukrainian fiancée, the boxer Vladimir Klitschko, to deliver a message of support to anti-government protesters in Kyiv on Friday night.

Vladimir’s older brother Vitaly Klitschko, also a world boxing champion, has emerged as a popular opposition leader.

After saying “good evening friends” in Ukrainian, the actress addressed the crowd in English while her fiancée translated.

“There’s a movement happening here, and you have a chance to make things right, to make things just. You have a right to a democracy,” Panettiere said.

“And as an American I want you to know that I stand by you, I support your fight, and I will support it until the country of Ukraine in its entirety reflects the beauty, the true beauty of Ukrainian people. Keep fighting. I love you all,” she added.

Vladimir Klitschko said he believed those responsible for violent clashes in Kyiv on November 30 and December 1 would be found.

euronews.com/2013/12/07/keep-fighting-klitschko-fiancee-hayden-panettiere-tells-ukraine-rally

Well, thanks bud, but i still can't read english news without translator for example.

>Mike Tyson is just a negro good boxer
Really? Who is the greatest american boxer in this case?

Ok, he is the best American boxer. But that's all he did, boxing. He isn't active in politics or anything

Based

here you are bro

Attached: polish language.png (562x385, 186K)

Ah, i get you, yes Klichko older is mayor of Kiev.
Though i don't see something good here. Boxers must do sport not politic.