Mexican """""""""""food"""""""""""

>mexican """""""""""food"""""""""""

OH NO NO NO

Attached: huitlacoche.jpg (550x413, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_world_contributions_to_Medieval_Europe
youtube.com/watch?v=5cFhx_myB0Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You don't like mushrooms?

>mexican food
OH YES YES YES
Based Mexicans

Attached: f54c69f422bb05dc5955070a823368b2.jpg (980x552, 84K)

Tex Mex is American.

looks like a shitty version of a kebab

looks like ticks

>Tex Mex
What
They taste completely different. I bet you've never had a taco, poor soul.

that's american food, unironically

>you can't eat edible mushrooms
Why are britbongs so stupid? Is this the reason amerimutts are also stupid?

>Eww, yuck! Those mushrooms look like ticks! I'll stick to my soylet, thx sweetie :)

Attached: 1517931015484.jpg (387x437, 41K)

>British """""cuisine"""""

Attached: An_image_of_a_toast_sandwich,_shot_from_the_side.jpg (1024x768, 73K)

Yes, they taste completely different as in taco tastes like caco. Please. That looks fucking nauseating. Kebab with some garlic sauce tastes a billiion times better i guarantee it.

Don't reject it before you've tried it. It's delicious.

Mexican-American

Why are Europeans so enamored with Arabs?

>kebab
lmao

cuckoldry

Because he is not european

Most "Mexican" food round here is TexMex, but there is one family that has a Taqueria and cooks stuff like Tamales or Carnitas or chicken in mole. The first time I tried real masa tortillas I felt cheated by the great people of Texas.

Europeans are just weak like that

I put a taqueria on the moon
It was well-reviewed
Four stars out of fiiiiivee

It's a Lithuanian flag, it probably is.

I've never seen that. What is it?

huitlacoche

Mexican food is overrated

This why POO's dont have good food

It really isn't m8. Trust me. You don't get to be a World Heritage thing just by chance.

It is nearly impossible to find genuine Mexican food here, only TexMex labelled as Mexican. Most Europeans have never even tasted anything Nixtamalisado, so don't take it personal, they just don't know better.

i've never eaten huitlacoches desu

Arabs and Europeans each inherited half of the roman empire, hence a continuous process of cultural exchange that has lasted for over a millennium.

nope

Please, you get overrun with the fuckers because you colonized their countries and imported millions of them as cheap labour and now you are stuck with the useless fucks. Europe had culturally jack to do with the arab word until France came along.

>Europe had culturally jack to do with the arab word until France came along
Wrong.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_world_contributions_to_Medieval_Europe

turks aren't arabs

and the kebab people usually refer to is a turkish-german fusion, and is only slightly more turkish than currywurst is indian

it's tejano

Please nigger, they were the arch enemy for a thousand years. Now go eat a beurette and fuck a merguez.

>arch enemy
Yeah, and how does that prevent cultural exchanges ?

You should've known it's an Arab from the get go when he started his post by saying Arabs are inheritors of the Roman Empire

They are tho

No, they're not. Fucking kill yourself. Jesus Christ.

Egypt was feeding Rome, then got taken over by musliams.
Antioch was one of the largest roman city, got taken over the same.

It's just mushrooms. Might not look pretty but I'd try it.

Cahioka was the largest Mississipi city and it's now in the US. Are we Native Americans? No
Are Russians Chinese because they took outer Manchuria?
Are Chinese Tibetan because they control Tibet?
Are Arabs Sumerian because Iraq is now Arab?

I unironically don't like Mexican food. It doesn't have much flavour.

>inb4 that's not real mexican food

So because they invaded something that was good and Christian and turned it into a shithole they are Europes best friends? Smart thinking there Ahmed.

I didn't say that arabs became roman, only that they occupied formerly roman territory.
Hence the cultural exchange with european, as they both occupied territories that had been historically linked.

Not best friend, no. Not even friends.
But close neighbor, and exchange between european and arabs shaped both of their cultures.

Unironically very tasty

There are only two "Mexican" restaurants here, one being a Tex-Mex opened by some Romanian who lived in Texas for a while and the other one is Taco Bell. I feel cheated.

I think most of the food outside of Mexico is texmex stuff. It's like how Chinese food is nowhere near actual Chinese cuisine.

Yes, and after Arabs took Egypt and the rest of North Africa it became separated from the European cultural sphere and became integrated into the new and expanding Islamic cultural sphere.

We are native

It's cause Mexicans don't use spices

There are still native Christians in Egypt if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, Copts still exist and so do Assyrians, Chaldeans and Maronites but just like St. Thomas Christians in India or Ethiopians they got disconnected from the main body of Christians in Europe and developed their own way in majority non-Christian societies (except in the case of Ethiopia).

why do white people say our food is spicy then?

White people are dumb and think cumin and black/white pepper is the same thing as habaneros and other chilies.

Meh, close enough.

Attached: dorito taco.jpg (640x451, 61K)

I've always wanted to try huitlacoche but I don't know anyplace here that serves it, and I don't cook.
Tex-Mex is literally an earlier example of modern hipsters call fusion cuisine. It's Mexican and it's American, and would never have existed without both influences.

Texas mex is basically just food Mexicans cook in America. It's like an extension of Mexican food.

>le white people can't handle the heat
I eat Indonesian food, nigger. Go back to Twatter with your weak shit.

>mole
That's impressive, it's rare even here in America.

>being so upset at memes that he misunderstood my post
Lmao

Do Chicanos in general prefer it to traditional Mexican food? What about you personally?

Traditional by far, I won't lie though, I go to taco bell every once in a while.

Lol I love traditional and Americanized Mexican food but Taco Bell is a step too low for me.

Mexican food is underrated by normal people, but I mean real Mexican food, not those tacos and burritos from Taco Bell.

Attached: images (92).jpg (640x426, 51K)

have you ever eaten pic related?

Attached: tacos al pastor + guacamole.jpg (1067x430, 186K)

>Mole is a sauce made of chilli pepers (pasilla, guajillo, ancho, chipotle, mulato, chilguacle negro), garlic, almonds, ginger, sesame seeds, black pepper, avocado leaves, chocolate, thyme, cumin, cinnamon, nuts, marjoram, tomato and miltomate.

Attached: 1547322887965.jpg (1000x664, 550K)

Mexican food is underrated mostly by people who don't know any better. Pretty sure your cuisine is generally considered to be on the global top tier.

>inb4 that's not real mexican food
It's like you typed this because you already know it's true and that your opinion is uninformed, but you just wanted to shitpost anyway. I hate Dutch posters on here.

It's cheap and decent, good enough for me kek

Yeah, it's a shame, wish Mexican seafood was more popular too.

Attached: Devil-shrimp-camarones-a-la-diabla-2.jpg (1600x1067, 143K)

For me it's the Tamal de Chepil™.
It might not be the craziest entrée but boy does it make a sauce taste 10 times better.

Attached: 1541469922889.jpg (704x960, 103K)

>Escabeche oriental, is a dish of the cuisine of Yucatan, Mexico. It is called oriental (eastern), because it is dish of the east of Yucatán, specifically the city of Valladolid. It is prepared with turkey or chicken, which was marinated in a mixture of coriander leaves, salt, pepper, cumin, cloves, cinnamon, vinegar and garlic. The chicken is boiled in water with onion strips and sour orange juice. Then, the cooked meat is fried in butter or oil with garlic, oregano and salt. The poultry is served crispy and bathed with fried onion and xcat-ik or blonde chilis strips.

Attached: 20140424-290403-cook-the-book-pavo-en-escabeche-oriental.jpg (610x459, 60K)

>A mixiote is a traditional pit-barbecued meat dish in central Mexico; especially in the Basin of Mexico. It can also be prepared in an oven. It is usually made with mutton or rabbit, but chicken, lamb, and pork are also used. The meat is cubed with the bone and seasoned with pasilla and guajillo chili peppers, cumin, thyme, marjoram, bay leaves, cloves and garlic. It is then wrapped in small packages made of the tough semi-transparent outer skin of the leaves of the maguey or century plant, which gives it a unique flavor.[1] Diced nopales are often included with the meat before wrapping.

Attached: mixiote_de_carnero.jpg (1100x729, 74K)

What is that inside the tamal?

yes, sandniggers being considered a pest among humans since the dawn of time

>Mexican seafood
Yeah I've always been disappointed that even our truly legit Mexican restaurants in the US don't feature more seafood. Camarones a la diabla is a good one though.

Oh and tostadas de ceviche make a god tier midday snack or appetizer. Preferably made from fish as opposed to other things but they're all good.

Chopped leaves of a legume, can't really explain the flavor tho.

What's the best Mexican drink and why is it horchata?

Attached: Horchata-Mexican-Drink-6923.jpg (680x1019, 42K)

Damn, it looks good.

I like tamarindo best, but that's good too. Some tamarindos I've had were pretty weak though. The sharp bite is what makes it.

If you're interested, I started a thread on /ck/ about Mexican food hard to find in US sime weeks ago.

>not flowers and fermented beans of cacao, toasted maize and mamey pits
pleb af

Attached: Tejate.jpg (1200x800, 210K)

>fermented beans of cacao
What the fuck does this taste like when fermented? I'm truly intrigued.

Have you tried pescado zarandeado? It's glorious

Attached: pescado-zarandeado-1-1355x900.jpg (1355x900, 354K)

I'd say like creamy unsweetened chocolate. According to this guy is like driking a jelly rancher.
youtube.com/watch?v=5cFhx_myB0Q
4:18 to 6:02

Champurrado>>>

Attached: champurrado6A.jpg (434x640, 74K)

>says the FUCKING ANGLO
lmfao

Was going to post this, I was the main one posting food lol.

No but that looks good as fuck. Redpill me? What does zarandeado mean or refer to?

Zarandeado refers to how it's cooked on the hot plate, they make the fish shake its ass around to spread out the sauce and cook evenly.

It was you? lol

Maybe it's rare if you live in flyover hickville. In normal places, any moderately priced to upscale Mexican restaurant has it

me acabo de hacer una salsa bien verga con chiles habaneros y morita, ando bien pinche enchilado

>they make the fish shake its ass around
Like it's alive when it goes in? Doesn't get any fresher than that, damn.

Yeah kek, I don't like how retards think Mexican food is just a few ingredients with no variety.

CHI here my mom never made me mexican seafood.