Mexicans answer this

Why do your soap opreas portray european blonde women as the villian in your shows? Also, why is there a tendency to show
>White male/brown female
And usually involves a brown male getting cucked by the white male
>Med male/light skinned female
And usually shows another lightskinned woman as the villian
Why aren't there stereotypical Mexicans in your soap opreas? Stereotypical mexicans are only shown in comedy shows as laughing stock. Also why no black people?

Attached: Cuidadoconelangel.jpg (268x370, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categoría:Telenovelas_de_México_por_cadena,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

do they actually do this ? ( I seriously do not know)

>Also why no black people?
Why would they? There are few blacks in Mexico.

I don't think that was quite true nowadays es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categoría:Telenovelas_de_México_por_cadena, I mean it's still true that the average telenovela protagonist is lighter than your average Mexican but that's because generally the ethnic groups that have a better social, economic and political status in Mexico tend to have fairer skin and hair (European descent, Lebanese, Jews, etc.) so it's not surprising to see them over-represented among those professions

How are they now in the 2010s? Forgive my ignorance, as I am only making this claim based on the soap opreas I saw in the 2000s (Which were a common theme).

I really don't see telenovelas, but:

1. telenoveals are made for poor uneducated people

>brown male getting cucked by the white male
2. I don't remember have seen that

>Why aren't there stereotypical Mexicans in your soap opreas?
3. There are, but our "mexican stereotypes" ar very different from yours

4. all the mexican soap operas that you're going to see are made only by two companies, tv companies that are openly rightwing and are nowadays in decadency, wouldn't be surprising if they both disapear in the next 5-10 years

no one wants to see ugly indios on the TV

Attached: 1546560629268.png (1528x1184, 233K)

Telenovelas are fucking cringe and bluepilled. Except La Rosa de Guadalupe, that's the best thing Mexico has ever put on a screen by far.

>La Rosa de Guadalupe
this is b8 right?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

It's the absolute pinnacle of not only mexican TV but also mexican art in general, shitters like Chespirito or Pedro Infante don't come even close to La Rosa de Guadalupe.

>The show has been panned by Mexican viewers and critics for its lack of proper acting, writing, and directing. Some talk shows have criticized the corny effects and acting as well as the lack of research for episodes dealing with certain social groups or issues such as bullying, family problems, and even sexual abuse.
>It is considered the most controversial series Televisa has transmitted throughout Latin America, criticized since it began to be broadcast.
>"La rosa de Guadalupe" has been a mockery in social networks like Facebook, where they often make memes that make fun of the episodes and their characters, also YouTube users have mocked the episodes and even performed parodies.
>Within the same Televisa, several comedians have also made fun of the series, within sketches of different comedy programs.

Shitty narconovelas > narcos

Also some male leads on these soap operas are ARGENTINE BVLLS

The real question is why americans so obsessed with race?
Most people here (not counting Jow Forums[nel] users) don't care about it

>I don't remember have seen that
There was this one telenovela about a poor brown woman who works as a maid for a rich man (Cesar Evora) and both end up in a relationship. The antogonists were 3 european looking blondes who wanted to destroy that relationship. The brown woman friendzoned this guy who looked like your typical Mexican (pic related both the brown woman and the Mexican guy), and in one episode he gets sick because he finds out both the brown woman and the rich guy had an affair.(lol)

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 15K)

History

the shows are set in some rich area of mexico city

like said, people here would see that he is a "fat beta looking idiot", but we will not take his race in consideration; we would have to see a pic related like guy or darker, to take him as "a brow man" or "your typical Mexican looking guy"

not that we will take your pic as a white dude (and even there, maybe), but neither as brown, when it comes to race he just looks like a bland average

Attached: eudz.jpg (792x514, 51K)

rosa de guadalupe is actually a master piece mate modern day shakespearian shit , I thought it was a joke at first but I saw one episode and got hooked /tv/ literally talks about it too

Maite is a qt desu

>most people here dont care about it
>proceeds to call each other indios
>proceeds to only view white people as attractive