Americans have no power

americans have no power.
how can they even compete?

Attached: 20190214_090222.jpg (1560x2848, 827K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tuv.com/media/usa/aboutus_1/pressreleases/fieldevaluation/Effects_of_Electrical_Current_in_Human_Body.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this true? Americans have no electricity because of their shutdown?

where do you think that fucking multimeter was made, dumbass?

in china probably

>Americans have to use over-width wires due to their low voltage.
hahaha, fucking hell.

Attached: 1548512670555.jpg (358x358, 26K)

waht is that?
why is there switches on the plug?

Power was invented byThomas Edison

Attached: 1527176362650.jpg (790x837, 115K)

120 is better and safer for small appliances desu, and eliminates the need for a fuse at the outlet. Besides there's 220 outlets for larger appliances in NA homes.

Also pic related are best plugs

Attached: NEMA-AC-Power-Plugs.jpg (3040x1840, 1.2M)

cmon

Attached: F3310912-01.jpg (444x438, 18K)

GO BIG OR GO TO EUROPE

I guess you'd need all those nanny aids to stop you from being killed by the higher current

>stolen by Thomas Edison

>A human invented a physical phenomenon
Intedezting

That looks stupid. Two prong plugs are superior

Attached: flat-prong-plug.jpg (400x300, 63K)

It's mostly because power if often generated from hundreds of km away

cum+jp is best

No mate, it has to do with the current you draw. Power it's the same for every product, so if you have a low voltage you need more current, therefore more width wires to bear it.

>power mains use AC
>Tomas Edison
>AC
user...

ever heard of a transformer?

maybe it's just a euro thing ...

You mean Tommy Edelstein, famous Israeli Rabbi.

>Voltage
>Power
Australian education.

the 110v you get is "generated" at a stepdown transformer somewhere near your house dipshit

>half his country is 50Hz
>the other half is 60Hz
this is amerishart tier retarded.

Don't try to stole our legend, everyone knows Thomas Édincourt was a French scientist!

Edison was Albanian.

Safety and practicality, senpai.

I love my DC power outlets, desu. Old Tommo, bit of a cunt but otherwise a decent bloke.

>safer
A 120 volt outlet will kill you in the same manner a 240 volt one will. The old electric curling iron in the bath trick works just as well in Australia as it does in the USA, thanks to the amperage involved.
The key difference is that it makes the more useful kitchen appliances less effective. Those stuck with 120 volt outlets have to enjoy spending more money on higher energy output appliances for the same bang for the buck cheaper, less powerful appliances can afford with a 240 volt outlet. Something, someing, the "electric jew", I guess.

It isn't the current that kills, senpai.

I love when europoors talk shit about americans It's like the virgin betas in the hall when Chad walks by. Chad doesn't know or care about them, but all they can do is talk about how shitty Chad is.

Attached: eu vacuum.jpg (640x1005, 176K)

Nice out of context snippet. With rhetorical skills like that, you could write for Breitbart.

Please come annex us and bring us real electricity.

Attached: 1481095704269.png (365x363, 18K)

>kitchen runs on 240V
To be fair burgers like cooking with gas.

Attached: star.jpg (846x558, 29K)

Except current is 100% what kills you. Increase your resistance by, for example, wearing rubber gloves and complete a circuit. Now try again without the rubber gloves, decreasing your resistance and therefore increasing the current flowing through the circuit created by your body.
Seriously fucking high school physics here

use one hand so there is no current path through your heart

>the feels when didn't take my 1400W vacuum when moving
>now stuck with 600W EU-ed vacuum
Doesn't suck (which is a bad thing in this case). There are workarounds though: Smuggle a vacuum from some post commie non-EU country or buy one that is "meant to be used" in workshops.

Doesn't quite work that way friendo.

Then it's just a symbiotic relationship between voltage, current and resistance. You can't say that just the current kills you.

High current, high voltage is harmless if sustained only over a few microseconds.
Energy matters, too.

>mad beta virgin countries detected

>Then it's just a symbiotic relationship between voltage, current and resistance.
Nigger, what the fuck do you think Ohm's law is? Seriously how fucking retarded are you?

Why does all of North America use 120?

And Europeans don't?
>inb4 gas jokes you predictable cunt

Nah, electric stoves are far more common.

If you charge laptops, phones, use led light bulbs it doesn't matter that it's 230V or 110V.

Only Transformers your average American know were directed by Michael Bay.

Funny thing:
Ameritransformers can be destroyed by the Sun! Imagine that!

What are the outlet switches for?

>Formerly Tesla's

Edison was a jagoff but ultimately got his way.

>electrical wires going into american houses are thick enough to be european water pipes

Attached: cringe.jpg (600x418, 27K)

I used an electric stove once when I was renting an apartment, it wasn't really strong as cooking on gas.

Depends on the country/Region. In Italy they seemed to be very common.

>Edison (or his lab workers) did a thing
>some other bloke a better thing
>Edison can't admit its better and does everything in his power to sunk the competitor

NEMA plugs are vile irredeemable garbage
Babby tier understanding of electricity

Why is there so much variation in power plugs? couldn't some institution decide on a standard? it's annoying as fuck buying electrical appliances from abroad.

Attached: Plugs.png (500x468, 38K)

why is china's power point type the same as ours

Attached: hmm.jpg (514x544, 23K)

Attached: 1549023745677.jpg (366x326, 43K)

>High current, high voltage is harmless if sustained only over a few microseconds.
Energy matters, too.
Yeah, but I was pointing out more a practical scenario where a human made a mistake and that will apply to him.
what the fuck do you think Ohm's law is?
Asumming that the resistance of the person it's the same in both cases.

1. 5amp , 1 v
2. 1amp , 5v

Both are the same, meaning that current alone doesn't matter. Voltage and current are directly proportional.

holy shit you faggots it doesn't even fucking matter, this will never ever affect your life, you plug in some shit and it just fucking works that's all that matters

uhh
did they copy us for some reason?

Companies want you to buy plugs associated with their brand.
Cell phone chargers were an absolute nightmare before micro USB became fairly standard.

it's our design, china and I think argentina for some reason use it

is this the prophesied based leaf?

I have the same but I got a triphase connection too.

Chinese invasion etc.

I only have type F and C here in the house.

Can you plug the same devices into them without an adapter?

that's not what he's talking about you putz

>Voltage and current are directly proportional.
Yes, and you are ignoring the example I gave you that demonstrate why the voltage remains constant in both scenarios, and the resistance is different.

The current flowing through the human body is what causes damage. You can mitigate such damage by increasing the resistance of your body's circuit. The voltage remains the same but the effect on your body is different due to a difference in current flow.

Voltage is merely a measurement of the potential for current to flow through a medium. Increase the resistance, decrease the flow of current.

Take a 9v battery and place your finger across it. You won't feel a thing. Now, place your tongue across the 9v battery. Feel the difference? The voltage is still 9v. The difference you feel is the current flow because your tongue has a far lower resistance than your finger.

thick enough to be european plumbing too from what I've been told

What does the thermometer on the dial do?

human skin resistance is what, a couple million?

So why don't we have 480V outlets?

three guesses

It is, you are just too dumb to realize it.
The physical configuration of the prongs have absolutely no effect on the resultant current flow, unless we are talking about grounding as well

>multi-meter
>multi means several
>meter means measuring device
I dunno, maybe to measure temperature?

Yes

stop trolling please

Yes and no, maybe the chargers worldwide, Toshiba laptop needs a different cable you just buy it for a few euros here goes on any type of current, iPad charger works in America too the last time I tried you just pull off the plug part and insert the America version. The Samsung phone's charger won't work outside of Europe at all, need to get one at the duty free at the airport in the country.

If you want to prove that current it's the one that kills you, you can't put a variable resistance, because they're indirectly proportional.

All your examples are true, but like I said you can't put two variable which are indirectly proportional, and then be surprised why both have changed. That's basic mathematics.

>he doesn't realize the obvious similarities between the why cell phone chargers and electrical plugs have these same problems

We don't have fuses in outlets or plugs. Plug adapters can have fuses inside, for instance a Schuko to 10 amp Swiss outlet adapter has a 10 amp fuse inside.

Against DC. For AC, the "conductor | dry epithel | salty flesh" sandwich is merely a high ESR capacitor which it can pass easily.

>but like I said you can't put two variable which are indirectly proportional, and then be surprised why both have changed. That's basic mathematics.
Lol what? Two proportional variables are going to change whether they are directly or indirectly proportional, just in opposite directions.

>they are directly or indirectly proportional, just in opposite direction
Yes, that why I'm saying that one thing affects the other, you're treating resistance like it's always changing to prove that current goes up and down, so it's the main factor that kills you, which isn't true.

Like in the UK plug, ie the BEST plug

>But we have fuses in the house still

I've heard it all before, it's in case the appliance itself is broken

Would the fused plugs help if there was a short circuit in an outlet?

>you're treating resistance like it's always changing to prove that current goes up and down
I ask again, in the context of a constant voltage (be it on outlet, a battery, or a power line) do you not realize that a change in resistance results in a change in current flow, which can manifest in human harm?
Seriously, lick a 9v battery. The voltage remains the same. The resistance is difference because different parts of the body have a different resistance. The current flow is what is independent. You will feel an unpleasant feeling on your tongue because of the current flowing through it.

>Would the fused plugs help if there was a short circuit in an outlet?
If there was a short circuit in the appliance attached to the outlet, it would help. That is the purpose of a fuse.

>do you not realize that a change in resistance results in a change in current flow, which can manifest in human harm?
>The resistance is difference because different parts of the body have a different resistance
>The current flow is what is independent
You contradicted yourself mate. How the current can be independent, if I have to change the resistance in order to rising it or lowering it?

We have both 110 and 220 volt circuits in all residences. It's silly to use 220 for everything

I knew you would fell into the trap of pedantry by acknowledging current and resistance are dependent.
Just admit you were wrong.

Everything about America is weak really

>I knew you would fell into the trap of pedantry by acknowledging current and resistance are dependent.
All my post were meant to tell you that.
>Just admit you were wrong.
You said that current it's the one that kills you, which isn't true. When there dependent factors in a cause, you can't blame just one of them.

>When there dependent factors in a cause, you can't blame just one of them.
I can, because it is reality.
tuv.com/media/usa/aboutus_1/pressreleases/fieldevaluation/Effects_of_Electrical_Current_in_Human_Body.pdf
See that chart? It is 'effects of electical current in the human body.' The current is dependent on the other variables, but it is not what kills you.

>The current is dependent on the other variables, but it is not what kills you.
Yes. that's my point. It will kill you when the other 2 variables help to raise the current, but if we have a high current and the other 2 variables just lower the current, it won't kill you. The problem with that pdf is the only shows current letting aside the other 2 variables.

I understand your point of that it's the current that kills you, because yes, given the condition, it's the one that kills you. But it's just given the condition. For example if you kill someone with a knife, yes the that killed him was the knife, but you were a factor in it, knifes don't kill just by themselves.

well memed, you can't possibly be this dumb

Piss off retard, throwing ad hominems doesn't make your bullshit true.

Why are Americans so retarded?

No 56% pic to accompany your post?
Highly disappointing

Nope sorry, you'll just have to use the mirror for this one.

Surely you mean Edefi Tamás, the famous hungarian inventor