DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2140

DJT is a Japanese language 勉強スレ for anyone interested in the language, anime, manga, visual novels, light novels and Japanese video games.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/cor.html
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: djt81.jpg (1280x720, 447K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=POnk2B1_46o
mimizuku-edu.com/tutor/koten/334/2
woodypuddy.com/blog/?p=1235
detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q109587285
kanken.jitenon.jp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh however, as it is followed by
>とおもいます。
it implies "I guess that..." as well. So it's the reason why the both sentence sound almost same.. Sorry for blurred answer..

Just in case, this is numbah 3.

Attached: deki_3.jpg (1018x1458, 345K)

And this is No.4

Attached: deki_4.jpg (815x1161, 220K)

No, thanks! That's very useful information.

It's very similar in English.

"I think this song was popular when I was a kid."
"I think this song had been popular when I was a kid."

Mean almost exactly the same thing and only someone looking to get confused would have trouble with it.

感謝感謝!
暗記柄いいですね。

Attached: 1542887933772.gif (446x365, 3.84M)

she looks like she aged ten years in these two

Today, what are you reading/studying?

>「ここで待ってるように、言われたから……」
>「ふーん……」
>「でも、待ち人来たらずって感じねぇ」
>彼女は、首を傾げる。
>「見るからに待ちぼうけの待ちくたびれな、少年…
How do I parse the 待ちぼうけの待ちくたびれな part? Are both 待ちぼうけの and 待ちくたびれな both separately modifying 少年 or am I completely off?

はなひらっ
It's probably above most people in this thread though

Attached: 1544140416155.jpg (1282x772, 626K)

I don't think either one is directly modifying 少年. The word 少年 is just being used to address him, and not attached to the earlier part of the sentence.
The 待ちぼうけの待ちくたびれ part is hard to translate literally, but I think this usage of の falls under the category of 同格, where the thing marked by の is indicated to be the same thing as the one that comes after it. Like in 友達の田中君, "My friend Tanaka-kun, Tanaka-kun who is my friend," where 友達 and 田中君 are the same thing.
So in the most literal sense it's like, "From the looks of it, this is 待ちくたびれ which is also 待ちぼうけ, boy..." She uses two similar words for the same thing to emphasize that he seems very tired of waiting in vain for something.
Free translation: "From the looks of it, you're just about fed up with waiting for someone you don't expect ever to arrive, boy..."

Attached: vn in a nutshell.jpg (2200x1100, 247K)

LOW TEST

Yeah that sentence is N5 tier

yesterday I finished vol.5 of the 物語シリーズ
today I just read a few pages of 屍鬼 vol. 2 and called it a day. tomorrow I'll probably continue with 銀河英雄伝説 vol. 4 and 青の炎

日本の音楽を聞きますか?
毛皮のマリーズが好き

That seems like a really forced interpretation.

youtube.com/watch?v=POnk2B1_46o

He's right though

I sort of get what he's saying but I disagree with "which is also" in his translation. I thought it'd be better to think of 待ちくたびれ being a subcategory of 待ちぼうけ (i.e. simple emphasis, "the waiting fatigue of waiting in vain").

You're also right.

Did you have a good day today? You seem friendlier than usual

When you upgrade from an ancient nokia and have this screen greet you every time it puts you in a good mood.

Attached: Screenshot_20190214-193939.png (480x854, 543K)

I get what you're saying too but with respect I think it's just splitting hairs.

This page includes an explanation of the 同格 usage of の:
mimizuku-edu.com/tutor/koten/334/2
>猫の白い方を飼いたい。
>この文では、“猫=白い方”という関係が成り立ちます。
But you could also easily argue that it's just talking about 白い方 "the white one" as a subcategory of 猫 "cats." It could be "the white one which is a cat" or "the white one of the cats."
And with 友達の田中君, you could think of it as "Tanaka-kun who is my friend" or "Tanaka-kun, who belongs to the category of 'friend.'"
In English, when we say "Arizona senator John McCain," you could say that means "John McCain who is an Arizona senator," or "John McCain, of the Arizona senators." It is the same thing.

And your interpretation of it as "simple emphasis isn't any different from when I said:
>two similar words for the same thing to emphasize that...

What a phonefag

指圧してあげるよ

>新しい単語
ありがとう

仰向け

ん!?

Attached: 3c58a58dbd0184744d285251fca3277f.png (647x676, 50K)

>To gulp down, to drink
Bottoms up?

Attached: hatsunenegame4.png (360x480, 144K)

俺が何とかしてやる (はずかしいの顔)
I'll do whatever you want

I've heard this too many times in anime to know that this is wrong.

めっちゃダイスキ
このイメージが

woodypuddy.com/blog/?p=1235

I'll do it somehow

It's "I'll do something (about it) for you."

Attached: 86f454af80e8a24824aedb255dea6656.png (203x155, 6K)

Attached: 鉄棒.jpg (640x480, 144K)

chuj ci w dupe kretynie

This is another definition but I'm not sure if they used it when suru is involved.

It would be 何となく then I think

the fuck ノブ could be here? boyfriend?

Attached: oretsuba1.png (757x553, 661K)

That or 何とかなる

Attached: knob.gif (412x304, 2.59M)

何とかなる doesn't fit here though.

I am even more confused my man.
whose knob would it be - why would you wanna stick a gum to one

You're the only one that's supposed to know what the fuck is going on

I was commenting on the word definition the canadian came up with.

Btw I found the word again and it was used like in detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q109587285

You really should be able to figure this out on your own

well that's true. If I think of it as a name then it works best I guess

When mining, how often should you look things up

All the time

Attached: Bat_in_mine_JAPAN.jpg (3264x2448, 2.77M)

I know understand why japanese people love puns so much because I started to enjoy them too now that I understand them in their native language. Part of the joke is actually making fun of their own retarded language.

Cringe

なにをしてんねん?

何もないかいなw

*しとんねん

what do you mean >when mining?
People here are so cucked by Anki they will call reading mining now.
You look up shit as often as you need to be able to understand what's being said I guess. I personally look up as much as I can stomach without getting frustrated. That also means sometimes passing things over. Ultimately it doesn't matter too much as long as you find a pace you can stick with.

あらへん

Attached: vocaloid120.png (1920x1080, 650K)

Nice blog post

In all these years I've only seen a handful of people with good Japanese on Jow Forums. Not even 1% of you will make it.

さもしいhitotachi

I've been studying Japanese for 2.5 years. I passed the N1 and I can read all media I have interest in and I speak fluently. My weakest point is in handwriting. I can read a couple thousand kanji in context, but I can write far fewer than that. I want to learn how to write kanji, not just to be able to write them, but also for the sake of strengthening my recognition.
Has anyone else here done this? If so, do you recommend a particular resource/study method?

lol

methinks you're full of shit about actually knowing Japanese if you can't even research a simple topic like this.

How about you just write a lot?

>I've been studying Japanese for 2.5 years. I passed the N1 and I can read all media I have interest in
ok, possible with enough dedication and neet mode
>and I speak fluently.
lol fuck off

Time to open the forbidden books of RTK and other timewasters

why does she make an F with the word marriage? This is so post-modern

Attached: F.jpg (720x365, 92K)

Must be nearing her late 30's

Women go ballistic if they're still unwed/childless at that age

おやすみ

Attached: 1542503014021.jpg (500x375, 30K)

What the fuck is enjoyable about reading slowly and looking up every third word? Fucking nothing. There is nothing natural or immersive about this, just fuck my shit up.

>Core is useles-

Attached: キャプチャ.png (1359x737, 35K)

自分の現状はよく起こりそう状況じゃない。俺がさっき書いた通り、漢字を読むなら何気なくで出来るんだ。が、漢字の書き方を思い出そうとすると滲んだ心像しか湧いてこない。勿論、単に「漢字を学びたい!」と言う人に向いた書籍やサイトはたっぷりあるに違いはない。ただし、書けずで読める人に向いた教科書などはない。もうとっくに渡った橋を渡り返すつもりはないよ。
俺の場合に似た体験をしたことのある人がいたら聞けるかもって思ってたんだけどそれは大きな間違いだったそうだ。日本語が出来る人はいるかもってのは愚かな勘違いに気づかせてくれた仮に礼を言わなくちゃ。
こんなスレには日本語が出来る振りをしてる人しかいない。
lmao, you must be a REALLY early beginner if you think that it's impossible to pass N1 and be fluent in 2.5 years. I was conversationally fluent after 1.5 years. Keep in mind -- fluent does not mean "native-level." It means fluent. Smooth. I remember when I was a beginner too, I also thought it was only possible to hit N1 in 2 years with NEET levels of study, but you'll eventually come to realize that it's really not that difficult. Unfortunately, this also comes with the less-pleasant realization that N1 doesn't represent as high of a level of Japanese mastery as you probably still think it does. 頑張って、ドイツ君。
That's tentatively the plan, read my response to if you care to know why I asked anyway.
Read above.

Attached: 2019-01-24--1548352214_1920x1080_scrot.png (750x951, 79K)

I just want to read eroge fluently in half a year. Fuck slowly reading, I'm so tired of it.

It takes time because each eroge uses a different set of vocabulary. You will need to invest a lot more than 6 months to become fluent.

>I just want to be able to run in half a year. Fuck learning to walk, I'm so tired of it.

>My weakest point is in handwriting
nobody gives a fuck about handwriting, keyboards exist

>起こりそう状況
起こりそうな状況
>何気なくで出来る
何気なく出来る
>書けずで読める
書けずに読める (iffy) or 書けなくても読める

>not just to be able to write them, but also for the sake of strengthening my recognition.
適切な回答かどうかわかりませんが、漢字検定web問題集の「書き取り」をやってみてはどうですか?
kanken.jitenon.jp/

◆良いところ
・無料
・難易度が選べる(10級(かんたん)1級(超難しい))
・問題がたくさんある
◆悪いところ
・つまらない(と思う)

that's not how 仮に works (assuming you missed a period before that)

More like needing to learn to walk with my dick even though I can already walk normally.

Fuck reading shitty moeges and trash anime only because they're simple. From now on I will only consume what I truly enjoy no matter how challenging it is.

The first two are valid, but 書けずで is a natural construction. 書けなくても changes the nuance slightly.
I was waiting for someone to notice that. Your assumption is correct.

ありがとう、これは使えそう。やっぱり聞いてよかった。

you'll ruin them for yourself but 頑張れ

do rtk

There is nothing wrong with enjoying moege

Congrats user, you've broken free of the dekinai mindset. If you follow through on those words you'll know Japanese some day soon.

余裕有馬温泉

私はこのおいしいお茶飲みます

does this sentence make sense? i drink/will drink this delicious tea

drop the 私は and it's good

can anyone recommend a site for reading manga in the original Japanese? figure it would be good practice.