Why do latin americans love dbz so much?

Attached: MV5BNGM5MTEyZDItZWNhOS00NzNkLTgwZTAtNWIzY2IzZmExOWMxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_UY268_CR2,0,182 (182x268, 24K)

It's the same with maghrebis here, I don't know why

It’s mindless fun, the manga at least

I think it's because the right to air it is cheap and they keep playing it?

That is much better than the brainlets watching Jojo

those are 90's mexicans, I suppose it's because it was on air tv the whole day... Just like The Simpsons here.

90s italians are more into Hokuto whereas french people are extremely attached to City Hunter
All zoomers prefer Dragonball though

I think Saint Seiya was more famous back in the 90s, only in the 2000s did DBZ surpass it.

Still, I believe it's because it was aired multiple times here and there wasn't really anything else (anime wise) to watch, and most of the western cartoons we had were garbage compared to it. So you had DBZ playing twice every day (kids who studied school in the morning could watch in the afternoon and vice-versa) and even the largest broadcasting company had it on air eventually so that was a big deal back at a time where internet wasn't easily available and you couldn't just go to nyaa and download 1TB of anime per day.

What about Lupin?

That explains why every safety poster that is in Spanish at one of my accounts has homer Simpson or Goku on it

Everyone loves Lupin, but it's a different kind of love
People watch Hokuto no Ken or Dragonball like they watch football

that being said Saint Seiya is probably the one with the largest "loyal" fan base here. It was the shit back i the late 80s early 90s.

It was my favorite too, I remember watching it every day after school... good times. Saint Seiya is also the father of many of the tropes you see in modern-day shonen anime.

Attached: tumblr_m7ul19rihA1r1n5pqo1_500[1].gif (500x377, 995K)

Why do they have weapons if they use magic?

Same with my Albanian brothers. Seems our based levels are over 9000

It's about broadcasting rights, they were extremely cheap, and the show had tons of episodes, so it could be spammed and always find low-mid ratings for the timeslot decent quality that was as expensive as the shittiest american cartoon you could find.

El cielo resplandece a mi alrededor (alrededor),
al volar destellos brillan en las nubes sin fin,
con libertad puedes cruzar hoy el cielo azul (el cielo azul),
la verdad huye a un golpe de pronto en tí,
como si un volcán hiciera una erupción,
derrite un gran glaciar,
podrás ver de cerca un gran dragón,
Chala Head-Chala,
no importa lo que suceda,
siempre el ánimo mantendré,
Chala Head-Chala,
vibrante mi corazón siente emoción,
haré una genkidama,
Chala Head-Chala,
no pienses nada sólo escucha,
sueño está ya en tu corazón,
Chala Head-Chala,
no importa lo que suceda,
porque es el día de hoooooooy

Not all of them have weapons, in fact, the only Saint I remember constantly actually fighting with weapons is Libra Dohko. Sometimes Bronze Knights are also boosted by certain clothes (God cloth/Gold cloth) and some of those come with weapons (specially for Shiryu which is Dohko's pupil - and Seiya, which uses the Gold Cloth of Sagittarius and comes with a bow).

Usually, it is the case that said weapon will increase your magical abilities or they have certain powers that make your stronger (Shiryu's shield for example is extremely strong and saves him from being cut in half by Shura).

Most Saints fight hand-to-hand though. Even Shun (the one with chains on his arms) most often only uses his chains for his special combos from what I remember and even those are most of the time in defense not offense.

Attached: EnchantingHighGourami-size_restricted[1].gif (410x307, 1.27M)

Why are they knights of Athena but they fight in Asgard?

Also, there's a fair share of physical combat without the use of magic (cosmos) in Saint Seiya. In fact many fights (I'd say 50/50) are won by might rather than magic.

However, you shouldn't expect a lot of consistency from Saint Seiya. It is, after all, one of the first of its genre (with a very low budget back then) and there's a lot that doesn't make sense in the anime (lots of contradictions I mean).

It's still a great show and if you like that sort of anime I'd recommend you watch it.

Attached: videoA.webm (480x360, 1.53M)

Because they fight for Athena wherever there's need to protect her. Sometimes other Gods conspire against her and want to destroy her.

Or her Saints need an item/something from another place so they have to go and fight there. Case in point the Hades saga too - where they have to go to (literal Hell) to fight Hades.

Pic related. Saints of Athena fight one of Hell's Judges.

Attached: tumblr_nsfeq4okrg1r1n5pqo1_400[1].gif (400x302, 904K)

Thanks for explaining

np