26% of Americans believe that Sun revolves around Earth

>26% of Americans believe that Sun revolves around Earth
>22% of Americans believe "the movie and television industries are pretty much run by Jews"

Post more interesting facts about other countries.

Attached: 1536092210924.jpg (452x570, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/7809/1-in-4-americans-thinks-sun-orbits-earth/
theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2008/dec/23/jews-hollywood-film
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>26% of Americans believe that Sun revolves around Earth

well, in our case is a 25%...

>"the movie and television industries are pretty much run by Jews"
well in America this much is true. Even Jews acknowledge it. G*yim dogs can't compete in such a cutthroat business.

she look like she fucks black guys

If it was true surely more than 22% would believe it?

Would they? I don't think the average American even knows anything about Jews besides the old testament crap and the fact that they were shot by hitler or something.

How could you know that Sun doesn't revolve around Earth? Have studied the subject by yourself? Have you checked that you agree with the mathematics?

If not, then you have just chosen to support the stance that makes you appear smarter than those stupid people.

And only 22 % believe that Hollywood is Jewish. I mean, you could just check the casting lists, writers, agents, producers, studio owners etc.

>How could you know that Sun doesn't revolve around Earth? Have studied the subject by yourself? Have you checked that you agree with the mathematics?
>If not, then you have just chosen to support the stance that makes you appear smarter than those stupid people.
well at least he's smart enough to know what the current consensus is.

If we're being honest then the math involved in plotting angular observations onto 3d trajectories through space is beyond the reach of the average person without extensive tutoring.

Remember that the average person struggles with rearranging fractions in algebra.

its just a matter of perspective actually

Sure is. 57% of Turks believe the Sun revolves around Earth.

A lot of Australians don't even know what the world "revolve" means.

Heh Americans sure are silly.

Why this finnish girl so smug?

Attached: 1538953225122.gif (270x368, 1.54M)

Knows she has the genes of the whitest race in the world.

% of Americans believe that Sun revolves around Earth
Source?

time.com/7809/1-in-4-americans-thinks-sun-orbits-earth/
theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2008/dec/23/jews-hollywood-film

Attached: 21cb1977.jpg (1080x1349, 136K)

It's weird how much retarded people there are and how you don't really notice because you usually interact with at least passably smart people. Even Jow Forums is the cream of the crop of intelligence when compared with the general population. Most people are barely literate and struggle to perform simple arithmetic. It's literal cattle doomed forever to be herded

The Shotingcaust,never forget m8

>there
Go outside.

100IQ is retarded no matter where you go.

>le go outside

what did he mean by this?

Attached: Capture.png (1555x472, 126K)

I underlined a line that sums it up well, in case you're also functional illiterate

Attached: Capture.png (1555x472, 163K)

Fact: American children eat own shit

he wrote "it's weird how much retarded people there are". Meaning "i find it weird how many retarded people exist", no place specified. You're thinking of "it's weird how retarded people are there", meaning "i find it weird how people there (in the USA) are retarded"

Simple minded people like to portray themselves as the intellectual elite by rejecting anything that's not in their books. In this case it is true indeed that from a geocentric point of view the sun revolves around the earth. You can argue all you want about what you think is the best reference frame but the truth is that physics don't care about your beliefs.

>Even Jow Forums is the cream of the crop of intelligence when compared with the general population
I've been here for 12 years and I can confirm this is absolutely untrue. There used to be some very intelligent people on this site in its golden years, but slowly they either stopped posting or were outnumbered. This place nowadays is a den of misplaced elitism, narcissism and overall a textbook example for the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Attached: DK-effect.png (2175x946, 66K)

>What the World
>World

This will be very soon the next big facebook meme after "bufala"

Have you ever looked at, say, Facebook groups for basic middle aged people about cooking or car repairment? The ones that have people who are still smart enough to use computers? Because there's actually quite a lot of people who are really fucking stupid compared to Jow Forums on those places.

Then if you go to the army you realize how many fully grown men there are who have unironic problems with tying their shoelaces or making the bed.

% of Americans believe "the movie and television industries are pretty much run by Jews"

this is completely true though

90% of people takes homeopatic medicine regulary

>he thinks IQ can be improved
this kind of site is less appealing to the average than something like facebook, so due to selection bias the average IQ is a bit higher than the general population. Not by very much, and the more popular it gets the closer it gets to the average, but it must be some statistically significant amount.

it's just because of the language barrier
to be here if you arent amerilard/brit it means you went to school and had at least the bare minimum of education
facebook is far more approachable for anyone that is just slightly above cattle, and more famous
if there was a facebook tier famous finnish Jow Forums it would be exactly at the same level
doesnt mean this shithole is a genius den or something

> This place nowadays is a den of misplaced elitism
Like your post?

So 78% of the americans are stupid?

It's not a genius den but you're probably not the smartest person in this thread either despite having an IQ around 130.

That's actually an interesting point

>if there was a facebook tier famous finnish Jow Forums
how is Ylilauta though?

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Attached: samuk.jpg (1106x1012, 71K)

This. Everything we all believe is only believed because it's said to be 'true', and lack of acceptance is stigmatised. Most people that believe in shit like the sun orbits the earth or the earth is flat, do so because of the thoughtless self-evidentiality of these truths, and the independence (though retarded) that comes from rejecting them. Basically individuality without effort or intelligence. As an example, when you are incredulous towards someone believing in God, look to the nature of belief, and to your own equally unsubstantiated beliefs. When it comes to science and mathematics, you can assume credibility otherwise shit wouldn't work and it would be long called out (social ""sciences"" absolutely exempted), but other beliefs, especially social, are all fair game.

>How could you know that Sun doesn't revolve around Earth? Have studied the subject by yourself? Have you checked that you agree with the mathematics?

The Earth revolving around the sun is literally the logical consequence of learning high school physics.

I thought Binland was the master race of schooling?

>Everything we all believe is only believed because it's said to be 'true', and lack of acceptance is stigmatised.
That's why real understanding is possible only in sub-niches and people should refrain from commenting on things that they haven't personally researched for years, long enough to form their own opinion, but opinions are less about truth, but more about social games, imo

IQ is a meme because it's only a comparation to the average person, which is incredibly stupid by default
even being quite smarter than average is not all that smart
is it that famous? i knew there was something like that but thought it was relatively not famous
finns were probably a bad country to pick for this analogy

Oh is it? Surely you can tell me how people arrived at that conclusion then, and how you would experimentally verify it.

22% of america is right

High IQ by itself means jack shit, you fucking idiot. The very fact that you fell for this common brainlet pitfall that a number meant to represent an array of spacial awareness and pattern recognition skills is an universal and reliable measurement for intelligence is what I'm talking about. Also, IQ can actually change during the course of your life by something like 10 points, if you train your aforementioned skills.

And since you're a stupid fucking moron that won't believe anything until a number is waved in front of his mug to confirm that the thing being said is certified by an Intelligent Person™, I'll have you know that I measured my IQ several times in my life and it was in the range of 127-140.

There's plenty of things that people accept as fact based on the authority of people saying it.

Who are you willing to believe yourself, people who study science for living, or random youtube vids made by who the fuck knows saying the opposite?

Depends, are the scientists Jewish?

>IQ is a meme
Best single predictor of success and ability in various tasks there is.
>because it's only a comparation to the average person,
What? The test itself is a bunch of tasks designed to measure your abilities in various pattern recognition/problem solving tasks as independently of existing skills as possible. The comparison to the average person only comes in when converting the absolute scores into rankings on the distribution.
>which is incredibly stupid by default
Yes. But if you assert this, are you really the one to complain about misplaced elitism?
>even being quite smarter than average is not all that smart
It's not. Which is why I said this place is no den of geniuses even though you're probably smarter than average and some anons in this thread are probably smarter than you.

That'd be Ylilauta
>it would be exactly at the same level
And it indeed is

Just off the top of my head, but if you look at planets between the Sun and the Earth they enter retrograde motion, that is start going backwards, which is a clear proof that they're orbiting the Sun. I guess that still doesn't prove that Earth revolves around the Sun but further proof probably could be extrapolated

Second is mostly true here.

and 78% Americans don't believe in it

>I'll have you know that I measured my IQ several times in my life and it was in the range of 127-140.
Yes, exactly where I pegged you. And now notice that you're not nearly as exceptional here as you are compared to the population at large.
>IQ is a meme I swear! It doesn't predict everything
It's almost like we're talking about averages here.

IQ is basically the same as the intuitive notion of intelligence. You can argue that intelligence is not everything, but to whine about how stupid people here are in one post and then turn around to bash IQ testing in another is pretty darn stupid of you.

Modern science was in large part created by people of Jewish and Germanic heritage.

In other words, not people like you Pekka.

How does retrograde motion prove geocentrism? The Ptolemaic model accounts for this in epicycles.

It's called gravity. Once you know the expression of the gravitational force, you can deduce that there are three cases:
1. Earth and the sun attract each other and collide
2. Earth and the sun don't attract each other enough, and they become infinitely far from each other (if they were already moving away from each other for example)
3. Earth and the sun remain at approximately the same distance. In this case the trajectory of one object relatively to the other has to be an ellipse, which means that the earth revolves around the sun (I don't see why the other way around should be wrong)

It's all mathematics really

It doesn't change my original point that most users of this site are either dumb as a brick and behave as such, regardless of their magic life predicting number.
Claiming to be better than some cherrypicked senile flat earther idiot or dumb teenager roastie on Facebook, Twitter or the likes is like being proud of being able to wipe your ass after taking a shit.

>this is the kind of brainlet that laughs at flat earthers

Let me break down the problem for you:
1. Can you derive the trajectories of the objects as predicted by your model of gravity to create a hypothesis
2. Can you convert experimental angular measurements and map them onto said trajectories to test it

Unless you can do the math, you are taking it on faith. Which is fine, because generally listening to demonstrably smart people who can make predictions that turn out to be correct is a good idea, but don't delude yourself into thinking you actually understand it yourself.

Attached: 1548747454511.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

Meanwhile you probably take a lot of shit on faith yourself from not even "demonstrably smart people" on topics you yourself don't understand.

Depends entirely on your definition of dumb. The average user is smarter than the average person, the question is by how much.

You're indulging in redditor meta-elitism because you ironically suffer from the exact same dunning-kruger illusion of superiority over your fellow 4channelers that you attribute to them with regard to the population at large.

If you were not a barely literate gorrila you would realize that I never claimed otherwise. Congratulations on grasping my point.

I don't know enough about astronomy and it was just the top off my head, maybe the Sun revolves around the Earth, I frankly don't know

>you would realize that I never claimed otherwise

I didn't say you did pseudo-Slav. But using it as an argument to slam other people when the same applies to you makes you look like a smug retard.

so 26% of the U.S. is retarded and 22% is based af?

You're better off listening to astronomers who do this shit for a living, then. Which is fine.

Specialization is the cornerstone of civilization.
>But using it as an argument to slam other people
What? I just pointed out that user's garbled explanation does not constitute understanding, that he is taking it on faith just like the rest of us.

You should really learn to emotionally distance yourself from arguments on the internet.

you got reliable datas on iq distribution of users of 4channel and other social medias with a decent amount of cases and a relatively solid iq testing? you seem sure of your point, but i'd like to see something solid
i could maybe agree that there is a minority here with a spike in iq that makes the average higher, but that wouldnt mean much if 99% of the users are just standard

% of Americans believe "the movie and television industries are pretty much run by Jews"
it's quite literally the case though and you don't have to be a conspiracist to believe that

I get what you mean about faith, but come on the Kepler laws are not so difficult to prove, I'd say most of the people who have basic knowledge of calculus can do it.
Also the only things that are assumed here are the gravitational force and newton's laws, which turn out to be very accurate when it comes to classical physics.

I don't have any data, no. I am sure, yes. Standards of evidence are subjective and my own subjective experience in this regard is sufficient to convince me. You will not find it sufficient nor should you, but your blanket statements are just as ungrounded in data as mine are.

Until such data becomes available we're stuck here extrapolating our own experience and understanding of the world. If you think such an excercise futile nobody's forcing you to participate.

Well I'm not saying that you can or cannot prove it, I am saying that unless you can actually follow through the math and HAVE DONE IT yourself you're taking it on faith. I'm also saying that taking things on faith is ok so long as it works. Nobody can do everything.

Why is she so adorable?

nah, i kind of like your attitude, data fights are boring and just lead to fights about how biased the data were
it's also an effective way to kill a conversation tho

Find a more smug girl than her
Protip: you won't.

she's permanently smug too

Attached: 1509175945442.jpg (2048x1365, 505K)

>And only 22 % believe that Hollywood is Jewish. I mean, you could just check the casting lists, writers, agents, producers, studio owners etc.
why would those be true?

This was deleted from /tv/ even though this is actually very /tv/ related makes you think.

hhngh

>make fake stats
>start a shit thread

Sources were already posted, lardo.

Attached: americaretard.jpg (967x615, 80K)

>Even Jow Forums is the cream of the crop of intelligence
LOL

how many threads you start about us today?
finns are 90% of the reason this board is so shitty

Only two so far. Might make a couple more but the high quality of my posts is very important to me.

Yes because that's how gravity works

That 2 one is 100% correct

Attached: 317.png (500x501, 80K)

Pretty much

This is your brain on autism

80% of people think they are smarter than others
i think this number is higher on Jow Forums

>the movie and television industries are pretty much run by Jews
That one is more or less true tho

2012 survey with a sample size of 2,200 people and no demographics given, yeah that seems reliable.

Welcome to Jow Forums, where the truth is a lie and lies are the truth

Our world runs on consensus.
There are more knowledgable people studying that subject than me so I'll trust them

I have done basically no research, but googling which are the major Hollywood companies and looking at important persons in their history (just clicking the "important people" Wikipedia links) tells me:
Warner Brothers: Literally a Jewish Company, founded by Jews
Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group: Chairman is a Jew
Walt Disney Studios: Again Jewish Chairman and also Jewish President
Universal Pictures: Founded by Jews
20th Century Fox: Again a Jewish Company, founded by a Jew
And I would guess that it goes on like that.

I mean, just google it dude. Click on the Wikipedia links.

post more smug finns