Americans buy Mercedes. Why don't Europeans buy Caddilacs?

Americans buy Mercedes. Why don't Europeans buy Caddilacs?

Attached: 2016-cadillac-ct6-leaked-ahead-of-nyias-debut-93954_1.jpg (1600x945, 269K)

Americans don't even buy Cadillacs

Because they also like good things.

They don't even sell them over here and I think General Motors is a really shitty company.

Can you explain why? It is national and it seems nice.

If I wanted an interior made from recycled PET bottles I'd buy a Dacia. It's like 18 times cheaper.

euro GM engine took LPG really focking well though

because they buy Chevrolets

Attached: chevrolet.png (977x417, 736K)

I don't believe in diversified companies such as GM, VAG, etc. I wish brands like Audi and Lexus would die.

only niggers buy cadillacs but unironically

Anything made by GM is absolutely dogshit quality. No one should buy a GM car, not even Somalians

Cadillac build quality is pure shit like everything american everything in the interior
is plastic, rattles and placed in strange way

4.8 80e, 80/88 8.8 800whp

because it's shit, what do you expect ?

i've spent too much time on /o/

What a fucking ugly piece of shit, looks like a Korean car

Choo choo boi ding dong everything
It is a rebranded korean car

Why do French cars have such a bad reputation?
I had a Renault Clio which admittedly is for poorfags but the thing was tough as fuck and never game me the problems that my friends who had Volkswagen had.

Because modern Cadillacs are quite simply shoddy. Instead of designed an engine that operated quieter, they fitted rubber bearings around the engine so they absorb the vibrations. You know what happens to rubber in high heat, right?

It’s a far cry from how luxurious and reliable they were in the 40’s and 50’s and early 60’s.

A Daewoo... that's why...

because they fell for anglo propaganda

Because Peugeot, Citroën and old Renault's are fucking awful...

Can't agree.
A diversified company can afford to recycle parts across their model range.

If my luxury sedan of the like of Lexus uses the same powertrain that my colleague's Toyota rather than a one-off piece of shit it's a win for the customer because parts are cheap and plentiful and win for the company because they can shit out more of them.

The only VAG brand I acknowledge is Skoda though. The rest is just Skoda + apple retard tax on top of it.

>Cadillacs

Attached: 1549524203176.png (1000x967, 2.29M)

Because the French make very ugly cars

plebbbbbe opinion fuck offf

God, I miss this car so much, best car I've ever had.

Volvo in the 90s was so fucking great.

Attached: Volvo-850[1].jpg (640x339, 56K)

My dream cars are a Peugeot 306 cabriolet and a 406 coupe, love then but i know that they are shit

Fake ass nostalgia, 90s Volvo are almost impossible to find in Brazil.

>fitted rubber bearings around the engine so they absorb the vibrations. You know what happens to rubber in high heat, right?
You know how engine mounts work?

Because trash design and quality in the 80's-90's gave them a very bad reputation that has since been difficult to eradicate. Nowadays they are just as good as any other european cars.

Its a really tight market, Europeans still buy the Camaro and the Corvette but no other GM models (that arent rebadged) have ever had any kind of stake in the European auto market and really never will.
Also Americans are obsessed with foreign things. beneath all the "murica fuck yeh" and rapid patriotism, European products, especially luxury cars, are status symbols of huge proportions

Please buy our wooden buttplugs. Our government invested 200k euros in them.

Attached: I_got_wood.jpg (607x575, 81K)

we can't import lowlows here, it's forbidden

>but no other GM models (that arent rebadged) have ever had any kind of stake in the European auto market and really never will.
Wut.
It's only recently that PSA acquired Opel and Vauxhall.
GM models like Opel Insignia (rebadged Buick Regal for NA market) and Astra have been a staple of european police car fleets.

Are you literally retarded?
90s volvo was one of the most common "imported" cars in Curitiba, they were everywhere back then.

You're either
>A zoomer
>a poorfag

Or a combination of both, most likely.

Dont sell here
Woud buuy

Because they look bad?

Because they would be literally buying a Chevy Cruze with some fancy leather.

There are Volvos here, you just live in a shithole state.

Recently I'm fantasizing about Volvos.
What is happening to me?

Attached: xcvtyguyt.png (326x414, 59K)

They are expensive compared to a regular GM car. Rich or old people that only buy american drive them. The last cool cadillac was the CTS-V in 2003. People are more interested in sports and racing I think.

UGLY. Should be called the Vulva because Volvos are the roast beef of cars.

terrible opinion, old volvo boxes are cool as fuck

Attached: 240.jpg (785x442, 82K)

They don't sell american cars here at all. Most people buy Swedish or German cars. Poor people buy Skoda.

You're becoming based don't worry

volvo is chinese, you should fantasize about something else

Japanese love Cadillacs though, they used to be the official car of the yakuza. Probably because same thing--foreign exoticism.

We had some brand new Cadillacs in stock last year and compared to the C63 Mercedes cars we had next to them they felt like low quality Chinese copies of the Mercs.. Seriously, tons of plastic inside, lot's of rattles and squeeky sounds from the interior and non of that "THUD" when you close the door of the Mercedes etc. And they pretty much cost the same. We even had some massive electrical issues in our test drive car, it was like a haunted house inside. We sold one Cadillac in 11 months, and 12 Mercedes cars in the same class.

Cadillac had a monopoly on the luxury car segment in America in the mid-20th century, by the 70s increased foreign competition knocked the brand off its perch. By the Reagan years already they were seen as an old guy car while yuppies drove European makes.

Based burger. My old rustbucket never fails. And yes I am fixing the rust on it, it's in the workshop right now. Also getting a few upgrades while in there.

Attached: IMG_2018082212_1444532.jpg (2048x1094, 576K)

Mercedes is overrated and not very good anyway. They were built like tanks 40 years ago but since the 90s their Q/C went downhill and they're filled with complicated and unreliable gadgets that are extremely expensive to replace when they break. Also manufacture of lower end models was outsourced to lower wage countries since the 90s.

We sell Mercedes, Audi, Volvo, BMW and Toyota here mainly (at the dealer I work at) and the cars we have the least issues with is the Mercedes and Volvo cars.

But even if Mercedes is overrated (I do agree on that) the Cadillacs were far, far worse.

I say the real beginning of the decline was Roger Smith's tenure at GM in the 80s when everything was run bean counter style.

Europoors can only afford 0.9 liter cuckboxes according to /o/

We do buy Cadillacs. Just not modern ones kek. There's like 20-25 classic Cadillacs in my small town alone. But I don't think I have ever seen a modern Cadillac on the road here though.

Attached: 35913234636_b35db15f8d_b.jpg (1024x576, 208K)

i cry a little bit every time i see a clean, black 850. so many miles, so many valves, so many memories.

american mercedes and very different from europeans, theirs are made in germany with top qc

This. My dad drives a 60'. I've driven it a few times and it's really damn nice. It's dead silent and comfy beyond reason.

Attached: DSCIM 20180711.jpg (1024x683, 326K)

Eh? We only get the top trim levels of Mercedes and they don't sell the more utilitiarian models here.

The 80s was when they started turning into plastic toys.

Attached: 86 deville.jpg (640x480, 152K)

Bc he's lying or leaves on the west coast or something. Plenty of caddy's in the rust belt

Sad. Not the same user but my parents are huge Cadillac nerds and drive a black Seville (pic) and it's the kinda cars I grew up with.

I'm more of a muscle car guy my self (I own a 71 Monte Carlo) but seeing Cadillac go downhill like that is not fun.

Attached: CadSeville_11-vert.jpg (1261x2787, 3.27M)

Euros buy Fords. What is weird is that I saw almost no Japanese cars in Europe. They would rather buy meme cars like Fiat than something quality like a Honda.

There's plenty of jap-cars here though. Honda, Hyundai, Toyota and those are really popular. At least here in Sweden. Fiat on the other hand is not common at all here.

Caddilacs aren't seen as classy anymore, just a car black drug dealers with money, or old men, drive

European Ford is actually good.
Outside Trucks/SUVs, all Fords sold in US are from Europe.

>mustang is from europe

Attached: 1536967674271.jpg (638x558, 64K)

I forgot that, those models are the ones Ford USA put R&D on it, while the rest they just bring from Europe.

Attached: izgklIv[1].gif (480x320, 1.95M)

>Hyundai

Is South Korean.

>tfw bought Chevy and they pulled out of here
>tfw no resale and ridiculously expensive service, spares.

Attached: 96C37F92-C31C-41B7-9E3E-C46261D17004.jpg (480x355, 15K)

I saw so many Ford and Chevy in Europe for no reason. Especially Ford wtf were you thinking ahahahaha

Europeans buy Mercedes too. American cars seem shitty compared to German designs to be honest

He is a poor fag and projecting. Of course some rich people buy cadillacs. There are many luxury cars to choose from.

>old people don't count
the absolute state of Jow Forums posters.
old people have the money, kid.

there are tons of fords on the streets. they compete at the same price and quality level as french and italian cars.

Attached: 1200px-FordFiesta_2009.jpg (1200x800, 250K)

>quality like a Honda.
hondas are too expensive, rich people cars. toyota has become rather expensive too. mazda has reasonable prices though and has a huge presence in austria. oh and also suzuki because the mountain folk buys jimnys.

Attached: 1976 eldorado.jpg (1280x960, 153K)

It's been that way for 30 or more years.