American city planners are so afraid of walkable cities and probably more than 90% of the US...

American city planners are so afraid of walkable cities and probably more than 90% of the US, you need a car to get around. There are literally no benefits to it but there are tons of benefits to a walkable town.

Is there a reason for American city designs being so awful?

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 16K)

weak bait. this country is made by the people for the people. they do what they like via voting and checks and balances. if most people saw the benefits they would make that happen. your opinion doesn't count, sorry.

American city planners have had wet dreams about walkable cities for at least 40 years. It's not so easy to fix the damage that has been done in the inner ring suburbs, and it's not so easy to compete with the economics of cookie cutter houses in the exurbs.

Here's your you

>Is there a reason for American city designs being so awful?
Oil and car companies will fund your reelection.

How is it bait?
But what caused the suburbs in the first place? Whose idea was it to say "spread the buildings out so you need a car."

then why don't they make a new city, as an experiment

Because if they make them spread out, you buy a car and gas.

>muh illluminati
but most conspiracy theories claim that a tiny percentage of billionaires control everything. so they would just re-invest into public transport instead of the automobile industry.

It happened organically. Developers bought up land outside the cities and sold cheap homes to people fleeing the inner cities. Nobody thought ahead. The developers were trying to make money, and the people buying the houses wanted cheap houses and more space than they would have in a walkable city.

The same dynamic still drives development that is going on today, although new things built within the city tend to try to be 'walkable'

But the only people who care about that are car and oil companies. The city planners, mayor, etc. don't care about that. They care about making a good town.

but nobody wants to live in the cities. most people older than 30 prefer suburbs. nothing can compete with your own home. who wants to live in commie blocks??

The mayors of the central cities did not control what happened outside their borders.

What do you mean? I'm talking about the mayor of each city, town, etc. Not just of one town.

I know this gets said a lot around here but “the Jews did it”

yeah the 'only' people who care about that are millions of happy middle class/upper middle class homeowners. while poor fags/liberals/trannies flock to cities. to each her own. nothing to argue about. live where you want as long as you are happy and stop forcing your shitty agenda on others.

It's not an agenda. There are so many benefits to walkable cities that there's no point in having a driving city. So I don't get it.

Not all suburbs were incorporated as a city first before the development was built. And I imagine the authorities in small towns didn't have a lot of power to shape the way things developed. Likely they didn't care either, back in the 50s or 60s

Is there a reason why conservatives prefer the suburbs and liberals prefer the city?

>But what caused the suburbs in the first place?
unironically boomers. We can't all live in our cities centre

You don't get why a lot of people do not want to live in a city, walkable or not?

I like public transportationsystems especially railways. Living in the society with good public transportation systems would free you from burden to maintain your own vehicls.

go back to europe

The auto industry
Suburbs are "conservative" because they're full of greedy middle class people who want low taxes. Cities are "liberal" because they're full of greedy lower class people who want welfare

It's a lot more complicated than that, especially with most of the suburbs flipping Democratic in the last election, but that's the gist of it

liberals are poor and faggoty and they like noise and 'things to do' and being around each other. conservatives are intellectuals and they have deep interests and hobbies so they need a house and a private piece of land to engage in their intellectual activities. most inventors and scientists lived in the suburbs for that reason.
but we love our cars. driving is fun.

I'm not talking a "city" in the urban sense. I'm talking about walkability, even if it's a small town of a few thousand people.

Do you envision combing walkability with living in your own single family home? Sounds mutually exclusive. Walkability requires high population density that is only feasible in the urban areas.

>Walkability requires high population density that is only feasible in the urban areas.
Japan seems to do it fine. All of their small towns and rural areas are walkable.

Attached: preview16.jpg (780x585, 100K)

Unironic is this bait

Because if where I live is walkable that means that niggers or other undesirables can more easily walk to my house. Why would I want that?

Attached: 1492475492534.gif (376x278, 2.94M)

>Walkability requires high population density that is only feasible in the urban areas.
Define high population density? In Europe from villages through towns, all the way to the capital cities are all perfectly walkable.

Attached: Debrecen.jpg (900x650, 667K)

>All of their small towns and rural areas are walkable.
lmao

You don't deserve a choice, you fucking parasite.

They aren't? Do all the people in small towns own cars then?

Hungary is also the size of a typical state. It's just a bit smaller than the US as a whole.

I agree. Murica also taught my cunt "CAR ARE EVERYTHING PLZ BUY FORD" and it stuck
now sidewalks are either non existent or fucked

There's a group here named MADAFAKAS who lobby for better sidewalks and walkable cities, and parks, etc

Are you mad right now little buddy?

Driving to and from work isn't fun

N-no...

Their cars are small as fuck too.
Cars over here are pickups and SUVs for convenience.
I also noticed this in the United States.

Japan also loves box type cars. Ugly as hell.

americans on a fundamental level, literally, don't believe in society

Yeah, it is fun driving in 2 hr traffic

It seems like Americans with monies these days are going to the urban areas again. Else, all those gentrifications aren't happening.

I honestly think most Northeast big cities from Boston to DC will be fully gentrified and will become much more walkable. Hell, even Baltimore is slowly getting gentrified

t. Commie

There were some retard city planners from 1920-1950 that thought cars should take over and that really liked modernist thinkers le Corbusier. Also American whites don't want live by blacks and cars allow them to be separated.

>MADAFAKAS
based

Attached: 1536133868877.jpg (720x540, 52K)

american city planners didn't exist until like 2008

>There were some retard city planners from 1920-1950 that thought cars should take over

The American public already decided that with their pocketbooks. Car culture was firmly established during the 1920s.

>worst case assumptions
in large metro areas there are trains / mass transit. maybe it is not as good as in europe but it is not the point. it is not like you always work within a walking distance even if you live in a walkable area. you still need to take public transport. and that is not too much fun either. some burger above is jealous of 'walkable japan'. he should try riding subway in tokyo.

Car culture is a meme. City planners had a role in pushing it too.

nope, it only seems that way to you. just because you keep mentioning that doesn't mean it is true. i showed you the data with the urban/suburban/rural population trends last time but you didn't seem to know how to read it properly :D

How is that a meme? What do you even mean by that.

bro seriously who the fuck is paying you to post this shit. Not even the most vocal proponents of "democracy" actually believe voters have any serious power over how the country is run.

Problem with that is gentrification of cities amounts to filling them with a million shitty hipster bars and cafes that don't actually produce anything, whereas pre-WWII, back before suburbanification, cities were industrial centers.

i am on RT payroll.
except the second post is not me. must be another sleeper agent.

so what you're saying is murrifats want to be fat

Because I live in Oakland, California and would get mugged, robbed or jumped in broad daylight

Also: see Brazil

that's your fault for living in little africa

mugged by who? by the oalkand raiders?
if you have a fucking nfl team, it can't be that bad.

They tried that here by making the entire downtown a walking only area but fucked up so badly by deciding to also make all the stores open air while were in fucking Wisconsin. So after one year of all businesses shutting down they scrapped it. This year they finally got rid of the last brick walkway that became converted to a road. They're also trying again but without such a massive fuck up.

Consumerism, gas consumption, car sales. Good for the economy, i guess, bad for people and the environment.

>Milennials want to kill the car industry!

Japan is smaller than California. They barely have space to do anything