Do non-Americans learn about American wars that don't ivolve them?

Do non-Americans learn about American wars that don't ivolve them?

Eg. We learn about wars that didn't involve us like the Napoleonic Wars

Attached: vietnam.jpg (630x630, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0b4g4ZZNC1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. That doc is kino. If you are interested in modern warfare you pretty much have to study American history

Yes like civil war and Vietnam war. Not all of them though. We never talked about Korea war, etc

Even we don't learn much about the Korean War for some reason

Korean War is nicknamed "the Forgotten War"
>WWII's epilogue
>Vietnam's prequel
T. My grandfather was wounded (but survived, obviously) fighting ChiComs there

Half my final exam in history was about the US during the Cold War.

Basically showed how useless this war was

that was one of the best docs i have ever seen.

Attached: x400.jpg (400x633, 65K)

Better than The World at War?

Attached: world-at-war.jpg (342x414, 43K)

It was easily the best.

if thats the 2003 bbc ten part ww1 doc than no

They are not part of the usual school curriculum though. The most I remember about it is their revolution being mentioned along the French Revolution and then some brief stuff about WW2. You pretty much have to go out of your way if you want to learn about them.

It's the 25 part WWII doc from the 70s which interviewed tons of people that were alive and active and influential in the war.

youtube.com/watch?v=0b4g4ZZNC1E

ill check it out sometime thanks

Not really, we do learn about some american wars but they all have connections to france like Vietnam.

No but we watched lots of movies about the Vietnam War in my optional cinema class. Imagine spending your days in HS watching Full Metal Jacket and Apocalypse Now instead of doing boring stuff.

No we don't.
Unless we have an assignment like "presentation of [x] country's history" and you pick USA.

I took an elective film studies class in my senior year of high school. It was the last class of the day so it was comfy af. Don't think we ever saw full Vietnam movies, though. Only bits of those two you mentioned

Which country did you pick

Yeah we all enjoy mocking you for being fucking retarded

Just got done watching the first episode.
FUCK THIS THREAD GOT EVEN BETTER what chapter are you in bud?

That documentary was amazing

i dont remember there were multiple assignments like that. but i definitely didnt pick you

Only the Cold War, IIRC.

>That hopped up chopper pilot who nearly assaulted a report for asking him about how his time deployed was
>everything from Musgrave

Attached: file.png (768x512, 498K)

Only the cold war and WW2, my boomer highschool history teacher really hated commies for some reason, he would always refer to the soviets as feral dogs

They tell us about soviet military advisors and how they help to shot down american jets.
But that pretty much it.

we dont even learn our wars just Germany/USSR/USA

englands been in too many for us to learn about other peoples bollocks

>tfw finns don't like america any more

Attached: finland on freedom.png (1775x198, 57K)

based teacher

hopefully that faggot killed himself

We might've looked at the Revolutionary War and Civil War for a bit, it's been a while and my memory is blurry, but there simply have been no relevant wars involving Americans but not us otherwise.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but Americans seem to spend more time on warfare and battles, whereas we focus more on politics and international relations leading up to wars and during wars.

a one page overview of the civil war
two pages of the cold "war" where korea and vietnam was briefly mention but it was mostly like "tensions were high, this was the first time in human history that we had to power to an hero ourselves blahblahblah"
I think that ruskie that prevented ww3 got more coverage than all your wars desu, and that's a good thing unironically

Was the Cuban Missile Crisis covered?

Attached: jfk.jpg (2029x3000, 1.55M)

iuno, maybe
the history book was probably a lot longer than just 50 pages but it was around 15 years ago, but I really can't remember much if anything at all about wars
if it makes you feel any better, napoopan was mentioned ever more briefly