Go to european country and speak the language imperfectly

>go to european country and speak the language imperfectly
>locals are impressed and flattered
>go to middle eastern country and speak the language imperfectly
>go to asian country and speak the language imperfectly
>go to latin country and speak the language imperfectly
>locals roast you and nitpick every slight mistake and never let you get away with speaking it ever again
whats their problem?

Attached: 1539309115505.jpg (500x522, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ki8vNOz7MQ
huffingtonpost.com/entry/difference-between-hispanic-latino-and-spanish_us_55a7ec20e4b0c5f0322c9e44
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They can’t even speak Spanish properly.

sorry
work on your pronunciation

We just like to have some banter with you gringos.

the following dont use compound verbs so they will be easier for a foreigner to learn
>latino spanish
>portuguese
>galician
a compound verb is for example "he salido" or "había salido" ( i exited / i had exited)
a latino would just say "salí"

jajajaja gringo boludo

>go to european country and speak the language imperfectly
>locals let out a little awkward chuckle and switch to english

PAWLAY VU FWANCAIS?? PAWLAY VU FWANCAIS??
VULEZ VU CUCHER AVEC MOA?

Literally me.

The problem is not your language, the problem is your American citizenship, gringo

I said latin countries
you're probably alright spain

HAHAHAAHAHAHA
get Jow Forumsed and /dab/bed on, dumb gringo mofo

Yeah you better not try this here lol. Or in Germany, they'll just force you to speak English.

Attached: russian sign.jpg (1920x1280, 799K)

Man, non-English speaking countries really are salty bitches, aren't they.

>I said LATIN countries Spain

Attached: 9563E3B8-EE65-47C9-8480-4BC7657DE3F9.jpg (374x394, 23K)

Quatro cervezas por favor

This is how it really happens.

>dont use compound verbs
>portuguese
retard

its true tho
post the chart for verbs in portuguese

Attached: conjugacion-verbos-regulares-e-irregulares-1-638.jpg?cb=1422618460.jpg (638x826, 184K)

What the fuck are you talking about. Only Argentines don't differentiate between "no ganó" and "no ha ganado".
Point out the country because we don't do that

i NEVER see latinos using compound words, is what im trying to say. they are way more common in spain. they are really rare in latin america

Im another chilean user, we do use both even when talking casually

which latin american country was it?

You guys were really nice to me when I visited and used my imperfect French, but that was like twenty years ago.

1/2

Attached: verbo cantar 1.jpg (715x757, 58K)

2/2

Attached: verbo cantar.jpg (834x672, 59K)

Germans do this, I grew up speaking Plautdietsch with my great grandparents, after they passed away I didn't really have anyone to speak it with and German's would bully me for sounding like a retard. It's been 14 years since I've tried to speak a word of German.

>ter + verbo
interesting, we consider that a periphrasis in Spanish and Galician, not an actual verb conjugation

Attached: Verbo_gl_poder.jpg (772x296, 60K)

seething

:(
kannst ja mit mir reden, ich verurteile niemanden

It's not a periphrasis because you conjugate the verb.
You can also use "haver", technically, but it will sound archaic.

It's been too long, I can barely string a sentence together. I can still read pretty okay, but listening to native speakers or trying to converse is hell.

its all about exposure. if i didn't shitpost so much on here im sure my english would deteriorate too. I for my part am pretty happy with just being able to read in a foreign language (because Im a hermit) but if you want to keep your spoken German alive you should probs practice it every once in a while.

Yeah I know, but I can't be assed, most Germans speak English pretty well and as soon as they hear a mistake, or they don't like your accent they switch to English.

I think thats them trying to be polite, although of course this doesn't really help when learning the language.
idk in terms of practical "usefulness" German is probably not very high up on the list. When did your grandparents come to America?

>go to germany
>some stoner guy accually comes up and talks to me in german
>memorised 'ich sprichen nicht viel deutch'
>he keeps going
>'i..ich komme Australien'
>he instantly switches to english

Attached: 1551183212665.jpg (200x200, 13K)

CHI

In the 30's, my great grandfather was a communist and wanted to leave for the Soviet Union, but my great grandmother told him if he did so he'd be going by himself because she's taking the children with her to America.

Is our way of saying that you need to go back

based grandma

Yeah she didn't give a fuck, she got into a fight with a bureaucrat on Ellis island because he kept trying to Anglicize their names on the paperwork.

kek, i heard about that
did she speak English or was she just yelling at this guy in German?

Fucking germans

Because CHI + spanglish = cringe.

spanish speakers are very butthurt. even in europe.

>latino spanish
We only learn traditional Spanish in schools.

>>locals let out a little awkward chuckle and switch to english
In Germany they try to practice their English on native English speakers. Like we traveled to Germany with the intent of letting them practice English.

>Or in Germany, they'll just force you to speak English.
That would be fine except many of them actually don't speak English or not at a conversational level.

Spanish is a disgusting language why would you even learn it or care what the brown peasants who speak it think about your skills in speaking it

i thought 99% of spanish teachers in USA were latinas
do they teach Vosotros and Tu like in Spain ?

idk wtf ur sayin senpai me and mi CHI family use compound words

I speak German pretty well, I am harsh on myself when I have mock conversations in German with myself, my brain would probably freeze from trying to not make mistakes talking to an actual kraut

>implying that's his own experience
>implying his speaks a gazillion languages "imperfectly"
weak bait

wtf is 'tradional' spanish?

>idk in terms of practical "usefulness" German is probably not very high up on the list. When did your grandparents come to America?
Not him but as an engineer the little bit I learned in college allows me to figure out enough when I german ir dutch company fucks up and doesnt send the English documents/drawings. I deal with Siemens a lot. I like the engineers but their business people can be stingy and waste 10s of thousands arguing over less than a 1,000 dollars of equipment they contractually owe (specifically I'm thinking of spare fuses).

Attached: spanishUSA.jpg (585x166, 28K)

almost happened to me but all u have to do is say you dont speak english lol , but for the most part once I reached b2 in german nobody switched to english on me

This, if I know the other party knows English better. Though I usually ask if they want to keep speaking Finnish to practise it or if they'd rather just talk in English.

mostly mexicans but also salvadorans

Not the same guy, but we learned about Spanish from Spain we even had lessons, but it was never something we got instilled or tested on since it was not needed. I remember going over the differences among latam Spanish too. I was taught Colombian Spanish since apparently that's the most "American" in terms of accent

>she got into a fight with a bureaucrat on Ellis island because he kept trying to Anglicize their names on the paperwork.
My family had the opposite. They didnt go through New York and kept their names but my Great Great grandfather went around anglicizing his name (it was never legally changed) until his wife told him to stop it. His son never changed his name either but after WW1 went by an anglicized first name (our surname is more common in the Netherlands). A lot of our first and middle names are just anglizations of old family names.

what do you mean you can't be assed to practice? practice where, here or in germany?
where did you speak to your grandparents, in the us or germany? i mean if you don't ever plan to travel/live then how are you going to practice it.

im just at awe, like how the fuck can you get conversational in arabic, and asian languages, but suck at fucking spanish , literally the second most easiest lang for english speakers after french?

sounds like a troll to me

>the most "American" in terms of accent
What does that mean?

I had a Mexican teacher but most are just Americans. Our textbooks are based on traditional Spanish and briefly cover some Latin American vocabulary like the words for South American animals. I dont think I ever saw any literature either that wasnt from Spain.

what is CHI?

It's infinitely better than the hideous sounds of quebecois French.

Pawlay wu frwancais?? OwO

They're salty they can't speak English as a first language

What about Appalachian / Louisiana French?

My Spanish teachers, in order, were:
>Pasty white American woman for whom Spanish was a third language
>Pasty white American woman who learned Spanish from the Colombians she used to live with, thought it was funny how she pronounced words like "pollo"
>Mostly white American woman who I think was part Spanish but I'm not sure
>Pasty white American woman who fucked her way through Spain in college and picked up Spanish then
>Pasty white woman who married an Argentine, spoke both English and Spanish with a slight Kentucky accent
>Italian woman for whom Spanish was a third language, definitely spoke the best Spanish of all of them

Also bad, but it's our bad.

Chicago. Chicagoanos speak horrible Spanish

Secondary school Spanish education is a joke in the US. My teacher was a white woman who went on a study abroad in Spain and just played the guitar and sang to us

was a tradition in your school to introduce teachers this way? i mean i had no idea who my teachers fucked and where.

basic level spanish is 99% the same everywhere in the world, so basic mexican spanish is the same as basic iberian spanish.

Not in France

American is the most neutral accent and dialect of English. Every English speaker can understand standard American English. The same could be said about Colombian Spanish.

All the stories she (the fourth one) told us about Spain involved making out with a guy. She also went on a teary rant about how under the Franco regime women weren't allowed to wear bikinis. This was the only criticism she had of it.

¿Qué tan malo es?

>tfw born in Quebec
>Travel to Paris
>Correct locals when they use anglisized words
>Correct their grammar while I'm at it

They an absolutely seethe when I pick on their angloisms lmao

Fuck, meant for

You know that people outside the carribean have a hard time understanding Colombians, right?

In German, I can only imagine what a shit show it was.
Yeah that happened a lot, my great grandfather didn't mind the name change, he knew the shit he would get if people knew he was German.
He made a lot of effort to not just learn English, but hide his accent. Eventually his wife would come around to this, long before I was born they both learned to only speak German at home.
Here, I've never been to Germany. and I don't intend on ever practicing it, it's not practical and I'm not interested.

*laughs in Dixie*

platt deutsch, is another language from high german, so it's not like you even really learned high german in the first place, dont be hard on yourself niggy

I tried to pick up on modern standard German after my great grandparents passed away, since the only other Platt's speakers I knew were Amish. Between my accent and the way I would fall back on Platt's pronunciation and vocabulary when the Hoch version would escaped me I didn't get very far, when that happened the person I was speaking with would instantly switch to English, and my parents couldn't afford a tutor.

The internet at this time wasn't as robust as it is today, so resources were limited. This wen't on for about a year before I gave up and dropped it.

mexican (as spoken on tv) is the most neutral. they even dub cartoons for south america.
here are all latam accents:
youtube.com/watch?v=_ki8vNOz7MQ
the speaker is mexican
the rest are sudacas

I'm trying to learn Spanish and completely new to it so I asked my Mexican friend if he would give me tips while I gave him simple sentences that I learned and he kept laughing at me while I was trying to speak spanish. It didn't help much and turned me off from wanting to learn for a couple of days. :(

is this bait? spain is a latin country, ameridiot
we don't use compound verbs, but it's not a general feature of "latino spanish", whatever that is

huffingtonpost.com/entry/difference-between-hispanic-latino-and-spanish_us_55a7ec20e4b0c5f0322c9e44
>Latino” refers to people of Latin American origin. This includes Brazil and excludes Spain.

wrong

you said "LATIN", not "latino", which is a dumb contraction anyway

you rarely get out of your house

not him but you are a dumb fuck, too. latin makes no fucking sense when talking about spain. how are they "latin"?

why is seibah wearing a sombrero?

it's their own version of "uk accent better" for their arab sounding dialect

>>Latino” refers to people of Latin American origin
>Latin origin
how is spain latin

he doesn't know that Latin = Latino in this context.
but you shouldn't ever say Latin on Jow Forums. too much confusion and too many people get triggered. They will start memeing about Quebec and other bullshit. Always say Latino. Which is an English word too.

Attached: latin.png (615x196, 9K)