Why do USAis insist on calling their country America?

Why do USAis insist on calling their country America?

Attached: Geo-map-America.png (478x741, 73K)

STOP MAKING AMERICAN THREADS

“Hello, I’m a USAn.” Pretty silly, eh?

because USA united states of america you dumb grass eater

Comunicarte con tu perro sería un superpoder inútil.

Mexicans states, usaians etc.

Attached: 1551753320500.jpg (720x960, 139K)

Guess why

Because none-Americans bitch if we identify by state.

Calling North and South America one continent is retarded

Might as well call Europe, Asia and Africa one continent while you're at it.

Attached: file.png (1024x1024, 401K)

rich coming from a unitedkaysian

Unitedstatians are linguistic imperialists

Attached: images (33).jpg (600x462, 42K)

Why would you identify by state? People probably would like to know if you are unitedstatatian or canadian at first, and just then ask you where within the country

This is offensive because you are implying some random latino will know where your state Omahohills is located. It is a very self centered thing to do

Then quit bitching if we say we're American, the name of the country is United States of America.

Your name is stupid, it's like if Congo changed its name to United States of Africa and say their country name is Africa and only they are Africans.
Get a real country name Lardman.

>t. Estados Unidos Mexicanos

You could have just grabbed some landmark and name the country after it instead of being super self centered arrogants

typical of anglos anyway

America is the only relevant country in the entire Western Hemisphere

North America is named North America because it's the Northern bit with America in it.
South America is named South America because it's South of America and worse in every way

Mexico means 'place on the moon's navel' in Náhuatl. That's a real name.

Because we were the first (and therefore, at that time, the only) independent European nation on either of the American continents, so we got the name and there's nothing you can do about it José

America is the name of a dude who mapped the continent, it too is a real name.

>European nation

Attached: 1536678034054.png (420x420, 267K)

The English language should have different demonyms for "America" (the country) and "The Americas" (the supercontinent).
Currently I can correctly say that I'm American because I was born in Chile, which, while being technically correct, is very misleading.

based and americapilled

Attached: britain america together forever.jpg (2048x3029, 964K)

in comparison to the heya hoyas who were already here
not that i should expect a spic like you to understand

>Unitedstatian
>united states citizen
>im from the states

Aside from the United States, nothing of relevance is on either continent so I don’t see how it matters.

literally the entire world calls us americans, get over it. no one ever responds to someone saying they're american with "oh yea? north or south?".

>literally the entire world calls us americans,

cerra el orto yanki de mierda

Attached: CoVEhEIWYAAoTom.jpg (785x757, 38K)

>heya hoyas
What are you talking about

is orto yanki related to daddy yanki?

No, idiot. North America means "the Northern part of America". South America means 'the Southern part of America'.
>The word 'America' comes from Amerigo Vespucci, an Italian cartographer.
>Vespucci explored the coasts of today Brazil and Argentina
>The first time the word 'America' appeared on a map was in the Waldseemüller map in 1507
>The name 'America' is placed on what is now called Argentina on the main map.

So...what's the relation between the US and Amerigo Vespucci? None!

Attached: 1549518892185.jpg (800x877, 284K)

All this proves is that the USA should annex your countries

pic rel

Attached: Screenshot_20190312-222307_Chrome.jpg (1080x1306, 520K)

chuckled

Attached: 106.gif (340x340, 137K)

Kind of funny, but at the time they where probably living in better conditions than the colonizers that swallowed Locke's theory of appropriation like it was moonshine

I dont speak mexican, pablo. Speak american or something.

Why do south ameristans get so upset about this?

This is a fucking hot opinion, friend. I like it.

Why does this trigger everyone south of the US? It doesn't seem to bother Canadians. Is it because it's a constant reminder that the US is more relevant than all of Latin America?

>Afro-Eurasia

Because America is a title, and only the most successful gets to wear it.
The rest of you niggas are just pretenders.

ITT butthurt spics

why are argentinians so butthurt about this? i see one of these retarded threads at least every couple weeks and its almost always an argentinian. i bet you call the Falklands the "malvinas" too.

They should have called it "The Confederate States of America" and get called confies.

are sudacas not taught about basic geology and plate techtonics at school? there is no continent named "america". there are the north america continent and the south america continent. this is an objective fact based on the earth's current tectonic plate arrangements.

I do find it interesting that the USA is literally the only country to not have an actual "proper name" for the country (aside from the UK, although their large subdivisions England-Scotland-Wales-N.Ireland work well enough)

a chilean quoted locke and you shart your pants, bunch of illiterate goblinos

you live in a spanish speaking country that isnt spain. you are not qualified to critique racial purities, amigo.

The rest of the world does as well. It's just you salty brown cunts who don't. We were the first independent so it makes sense that we are the Americans. United statsians so doesnt work because of Mexicos full name, Estados Unidos Mexicanos.

>Unitedstatians
>tf
>tp

Hmm

ever occurred to you that if you see the same thread, maybe it is the same poster who always creates it?

Unitedstatesians just hang on to that since they have no proper, unique name, so it's understandable. They should have used Columbia or Liberia before they were taken. Now maybe they can use something like Freedomland, lmao

Great, would make it easier for us to destroy them once we're on the inside

>relation between the US and Amerigo Vespucci?
he was the first governor of america

Because we're Americans while the rest of you new worlders are Americant's

According to your Amerifart logic, the Europe wouldn't be a continent, Arabia and the Philippines would be their own continents and India and Australia would be one continent together.
Why are Farts so stupid?

Attached: images (3).png (548x286, 13K)

I see no problem with this

honestly atleast that definition of continents fits with actual science unlike all the made up muh 4 continents, muh 5 continents, muh 7 continents

>names country after Nahuatl word
>can't even speak Nahuatl
absolute state of Mexico.

This country was built by western Europeans

'America' is based on the name of an Italian that never set a foot in today US territory, in fact most of the current US territory was totally unexplored when Amerigo Vespucci was alive.

Continents delimitations are not based in science, they're arbitrary. Considering Arabian Peninsula, Iran and the Philippines as continents would be considered stupid by all people in all countries.

America was never supposed to be the official name of our country, it is the United States of America, but people couldn't be creative and come up with anything good so now we're just stuck as Americans.

>United Kingdom
>United States
>Central African Republic
>United Arab Emirates
>South Africa

Attached: 1473479647578.png (365x324, 142K)

Not really. The only reason you'd think so is because we're taught differently. Continents aren't cultures

United Statesian sounds stupid in English.

Europe is considered it own continent for cultural reasons.