Why do Americans spy on their NATO allies for economic advantage?

Why do Americans spy on their NATO allies for economic advantage?

Americans stole revolutionary wind turbine technology from German company Enercon through the ECHELON program. They spied on company emails and saw that they were about to file for a patent.
The NSA intercepted the patent documents and filed the patent hours before for an American energy company.
How the American company got the files from the NSA is still a mystery.

Attached: Seal_of_the_U.S._National_Security_Agency.svg.png (1200x1200, 380K)

Other urls found in this thread:

windpowermonthly.com/article/960011/trans-atlantic-espionage-claimed-german-wind-company
reuters.com/article/us-china-cyber-usa/u-s-allies-slam-china-for-economic-espionage-spies-indicted-idUSKCN1OJ1VN
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/01/us-indicts-huawei-for-stealing-t-mobile-robot-selling-us-tech-to-iran/
reuters.com/article/us-germany-chemicals-espionage-exclusive/exclusive-german-prosecutors-charge-chinese-born-engineer-in-industrial-espionage-case-idUSKCN1NK0UT
apnews.com/bc0d920ef35d4c8296f79cebb1a9bd6f
france24.com/en/20110104-france-industrial-espionage-economy-germany-russia-china-business
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>American company
*american energy contractor

everyone knows the CIA and NSA do industrial and commercial espionage. same with china and russia. you would have to be completely naive to think those 3 countries don't have the capabilities or the interest in tilting the global economy in their favour anyway they can.

But I thought NATO is the good goy necesarry against Russian aggression?

Look at how US allies are doing and look at how Russia is doing and I think you have your answer, my esteemed dude

What?

Well, my friend, and with all due respect, the entire impetus for your post is the outrageous envy that you must feel knowing that even the lowliest Turk lives a better life than your average Muscovite turdgrubber

Germany isn't an ally of the US its just one of many countries under the US defence umbrella, without the US Germany would be completely open to anyone and without Germany US would not even notice
Since Germany doesnt pay for the protection Americans have every right to take their patents to make up for it

This is a little simplistic. There is a lot of trade between the US and Germany, which has benefited both countries. Although it is true that Germany is much more economically and politically dependent on the US than the other way around.

The thing our Russian friend doesn't get that even if Germany is in a dependent relationship with the US, it is so voluntarily and to its benefit--something that your average Russian simply does not comprehend, and perhaps never will.

that's a hilarious manufactured justification for industrial sabotage. if America doesn't want to spend money protecting Germany, don't fucking do it. don't steal shit and claim it's payment for defenses you won't withdraw.

what's next? you going to stop paying taxes as justification for being such a law abiding citizen all these years? it's your fair due?

USA has to either defend Germany or Govern it, they can't govern themselves responsibly
just 'defending' them is more palatable to everyone, for now

Germany's largest car manufacturer defrauded the US government by cheating emissions tests. This shit happens everywhere all the time. At the end of the day, though, the US and Germany clearly have a mutually beneficial relationship. It's just delusional to suggest otherwise.

>Why do Americans spy on their NATO allies for economic advantage?
economic advantage
/thread

Nope

oh give me a fucking break. Germany has governed it self for decades just fine. if america doesn't want to foot the bill for their bases in europe, don't fucking do it then. stealing shit as 'payment' instead of being upfront about it is just childish.

But why do they steal patents? That seems unfair. Germany is supposed to be an ally?

Sure thing, my dude :thumbs_up:

so what? that's a private german companies problem, how is it the german governments fault? gtfo.

I'm just trying to understand why you would backstab Germany like that.

Americans don't give a shit about anyone else but themselves and assume friends will stay friends forever

Though Russia is worse, don't get me wrong I don't want to engage in your whataboutism

I'm gonna need proofs. They usually just Narc on Euros for bribing in shithole countries. If you hadn't noticed the French and Germans are constantly in bribery scandals.

>In the early 1990s, the U.S. National Security Agency intercepted the communications between the European aerospace company Airbus and the Saudi Arabian national airline. In 1994, Airbus lost a $6 billion contract with Saudi Arabia after the NSA, acting as a whistleblower, reported that Airbus officials had been bribing Saudi officials to secure the contract.[63] As a result, the American aerospace company McDonnell Douglas (now part of Boeing) won the multibillion-dollar contract instead of Airbus.[64]
>The American defense contractor Raytheon won a US$1.3 billion contract with the Government of Brazil to monitor the Amazon rainforest after the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), acting as a whistleblower, reported that Raytheon's French competitor Thomson-Alcatel had been paying bribes to get the contract.[65]

>Americans don't give a shit about anyone else but themselves
if that were the case your flag would be red

NATO is pointless russia is no threat

they haven't invaded georgia

they haven't invaded ukraine

they haven't talked about invading belarus

USA is the evil one not russia

dindu

wot

>British journalist Duncan Campbell and New Zealand journalist Nicky Hager asserted in the 1990s that the United States was exploiting ECHELON traffic for industrial espionage, rather than military and diplomatic purposes.[51] Examples alleged by the journalists include the gear-less wind turbine technology designed by the German firm Enercon[7][54] and the speech technology developed by the Belgian firm Lernout & Hauspie.[55]
They edited the wiki page just a few days ago btw. Deleting facts on how the US government gathered the intelligence and leaked it for its gain.
Why was the wiki entry deleted?

You keep saying the patent thing but I cant find anything definitive on patent theft beyond claims of two British journalists.

Please die, crypto-yank.

Wait, you are a yank, aren't you?
Take off the flag or get the fuck out of my country.

surely after tapping all these companies communications searching for illegal activity didn't yield any other information? like normal contract negotiations, trade secrets and other important corporate strategies? and oh dear, wouldn't it be a shame if they used that information to outbid, counter or otherwise make american companies more competitive against companies that didn't illegally eavesdrop on other companies communications? i mean, with this logic, is it moral to tap into every civilians phone calls to find out if they are committing crimes?

This they pretty much reinforced their neighbors decision to seek joining NATO.

Because they deleted it on the ECHELON wiki page. I was going to make this thread a couple of weeks ago but I forgot.
In the meantime they edited the page.
But they didnt get everything on Kenetech (yet)
>According to a NSA employee detailed information concerning Enercon was passed on to Kenetech via ECHELON.[36] The aim of the alleged industrial espionage against Enercon was the forwarding of details of Wobben's generator technology to a US firm.[37]
Also here's an article about it from back in the day
windpowermonthly.com/article/960011/trans-atlantic-espionage-claimed-german-wind-company

>Why do Americans spy on their NATO allies for economic advantage?
because it is in their interests. this is the same reason why any nationstate does anything. its not immoral because every other state does the same when given the opportunity. also, the whining is rich coming from a ruskiefag.
>How the American company got the files from the NSA is still a mystery.
lol, no it isn't.

It just seems unfair how a limitless communications surveillance agency supposedly fighting terrorism is stealing corporate infromation from its allies.

All countries do unethical shit to further their own interests. Anyone who says they don't is naive or lying.

Ahh yes only the U.S. commits espionage. No one has ever spied on the U.S. or U.S. companies. No one else ever spies on German companies.

reuters.com/article/us-china-cyber-usa/u-s-allies-slam-china-for-economic-espionage-spies-indicted-idUSKCN1OJ1VN

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/01/us-indicts-huawei-for-stealing-t-mobile-robot-selling-us-tech-to-iran/

reuters.com/article/us-germany-chemicals-espionage-exclusive/exclusive-german-prosecutors-charge-chinese-born-engineer-in-industrial-espionage-case-idUSKCN1NK0UT

apnews.com/bc0d920ef35d4c8296f79cebb1a9bd6f

france24.com/en/20110104-france-industrial-espionage-economy-germany-russia-china-business

I remember that the wiki article stated that the German intelligence agiency knows that ECHELON does this and which companies it targets but refuses to provide that information to German companies.
Why don't Germans protect their industry and why do they act like they are better than the abusers instead of dealing wih the issue and helping their companies?

>>Ahh yes only the U.S. commits espionage

nope never said that. what i did say was that your moral justification as 'catching bribers' while eavesdropping on everyone is laughable. hah, bringing up china, you both do the same shit to each other. you don't have a moral high ground against china for stealing secrets when your country does the same shit.

>In 1999, Enercon, a German company and leading manufacturer of wind energy equipment, developed a breakthrough generator for wind turbines. After applying for a US patent, it had learned that Kenetech, an American rival, had submitted an almost identical patent application shortly before. By the statement of a former NSA employee, it was later discovered that the NSA had secretly intercepted and monitored Enercon's data communications and conference calls and passed information regarding the new generator to Kenetech.[69] As German intelligence services are forbidden from engaging in industrial or economic espionage, German companies are frequently complaining that this leaves them defenceless against industrial espionage from the United States. According to Wolfgang Hoffmann, a former manager at Bayer, German intelligence services are aware which companies are being targeted by US intelligence agencies, but refuse to inform the companies involved.

>The American defense contractor Raytheon won a US$1.3 billion contract with the Government of Brazil to monitor the Amazon rainforest after the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), acting as a whistleblower, reported that Raytheon's French competitor Thomson-Alcatel had been paying bribes to get the contract.[65]

>In the early 1990s, the U.S. National Security Agency intercepted the communications between the European aerospace company Airbus and the Saudi Arabian national airline. In 1994, Airbus lost a $6 billion contract with Saudi Arabia after the NSA, acting as a whistleblower, reported that Airbus officials had been bribing Saudi officials to secure the contract.[63] As a result, the American aerospace company McDonnell Douglas (now part of Boeing) won the multibillion-dollar contract instead of Airbus.[64]

this

Americans are shit but Russians are way worse

bump
theft is bad

At least we don't steal technology from our allies.

You literally said it yourself, economic advantage

You'd have to have allies that had tech worth stealing

Where did Russia get the hyper-sonic nuclear capable glider ICBMs from?

Calling Russia and China allies would be like you calling me your dad. I might be fucking your mom but that doesn't make me your dad.

I don't have a mom I have 2 dads

>le funny oroginal comment
Go back to r*ddit, based retarded frend.
Ps. Le gold for you, brainlet.
>China
We didnt get it from China, they got it from us.

>You'd have to have allies
Shouldve stopped right there

>I might be fucking your mom but that doesn't make me your dad.
Oh shit we're hotting r*ddit cliche banal finngoloian butthurt levels that shouldn't even be possible.

I wasn't trying to imply Russia and China were allies. That was a legit question. Did they build it themselves or did the Chinese supply it to them as part of a longer-term strategy?

Not really. We have all the CIS countries plus shitloads of other cunts that we basically helped raise. China and Iraq included.

Oh and fucking Iran lmao.
Mutts can suck a dick.

Because America has no alllies, only subjects.

this

>China and Iraq included
>that we basically helped raise
Abandon the ISS and explore the final frontier with taikonauts, Mikhael

Attached: 1504648916742.jpg (316x286, 18K)

>Samefagging
>Seething
that really hurt, huh

>astronaut
>cosmonaut
>taikonaut
are there any other nauts out there in space?

>Samefagging
Hello newfag. Lurk before you try to use the lingo at least.

>taikonaut
Never heard of this.
But humanity has produced zero astranauts yet.
To me an anstranaut is somebody who has travelled between different star systems.

taikonauts are relatively new compared to cosmonauts and astronauts.

i can't wait till the taikonauts launch their tiangong large modular space station in 2020. it's going to be epic and there will be many butthurt around the world.

Attached: 1511055605646.gif (300x300, 154K)

>Seething