Are they Germans or not? I never understood this

Are they Germans or not? I never understood this.

Attached: austria.jpg (1024x768, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sFoeIRVwP6A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They are Germany's evil brother

They're the good catholic germans. The swamp Germans (dutch) are also good people. They both share borders with their evil brother

are you kidding me+
Austrians are the most evil in the world. Adolf Hitler, Josef Fritzl and literally every evil "German" has actually been an Austrian.

Attached: Wolfgang-Priklopil.jpg (615x409, 23K)

This

*Germanys evil little brother

i really think its bullshit that you get so much hate. People hear austrians speaking german while they murder/rape/torture/genocide/corrupt/lie/steal or do whatever evil they want and everyone blames you. Its bullshit. You are the protectors of Europe, the most honorable and hardworking, you keep us safe from Anglos and Russians only to have your name defiled by evil Austrians.

Yes, they're Bavarians with a huge inferiority complex.

>you keep us safe from Anglos and Russians
Don't the Germans only just keep you safe from Anglos? I thought they were pals with Russia.

No, we're not

Can you explain to me the ethnic dynamics in the Germanic part of the world? What is even a German nation? How can you speak German and not consider yourself German?

The are Germans ethnically and Austrians by Nationality.

They have always protected Europe from Russians especially Finland.

In 1918 Finland had a civil war after independence, whites vs reds (commies). Lenin's Russia backed the reds, Germany backed whites. We didn't fall to communism.
In 1941 Finland had no allies, everyone had turned their back on us after SU invaded, then Germany helped us go to war with SU.
German soldiers stationed in Finland were very polite and acted well and everyone loved them.
>but why didn't Germany help in 1939, why did you betray Germany in 1944?
Because Hitler. Austrian man. Not a German.

Germany has always been against communism and anglo imperialism so Russians and anglos have to team up to crush Germany. Each time they do so Germany rises again. Now Germany is rising with the European Union, also known as the Fourth Reich.

ask yourself: are slovaks czech or not?

Cuz culture (that's the main aspect that you're using for determinate someone as German), is more than just language, bro.

The eternal Austrian

If you look up the definition of ethnic groups you'll see that for an ethnic group you absolutely need a sense of community and a group identity. Those two things can be made up by many things, but aren't 100% tied to anything either. But since Austrians absolutely despise germans neither a group identity nor a sense of community is found between us and them. They're literally just foreign people that speak the same language. Both in a cultural and mentality/mindset setting we're quite different to germans, only southern bavarians are similar to us, but then again so are northern Italians and slovenians for example.
Language doesn't constitute ethnicity

DELET THIS

Apart from an ideology from the 19th century and 20th century that never got the public acceptance it needed that answer was always clear. To me your situation is a bit more complicated.
So you never considered yourself ethnically German. Where does the confusion come in? Why do Germans claim you are German? Just to spite you? Why did people like Hitler consider Austrians as ethnic Germans?

No, in the last 70 years nearly no generation ever considered themselves german. I honestly don't know why germans think we're one of them. Maybe its a coping mechanism for them, who knows.
Hitler literally hated Austria as a country and an identity (which was still very young at the time) and back then it was still common to think yourself as a german

>nooooo! we are not germans!!! stop calling us that!!!

Attached: 1535859284132.jpg (647x740, 54K)

>So you never considered yourself ethnically German. Where does the confusion come in? Why do Germans claim you are German? Just to spite you? Why did people like Hitler consider Austrians as ethnic Germans?

>No, in the last 70 years nearly no generation ever considered themselves german.

70 years is a rather new development, but I agree, almost no Austrian considers himself German.
Historically though, we always were a German state up until WW2 when we started distancing ourselves for obvious reasons. Our state was literally called "German Austria" for hundreds of years and in 1918 they even made it the official name of the new republic.

>Historically though, we always were a German state up until WW2 when we started distancing ourselves for obvious reasons. Our state was literally called "German Austria" for hundreds of years and in 1918 they even made it the official name of the new republic.
And it's still in the past. Just like the Holy roman empire, the roman empire or Austria-Hungary. It'll never come back

its funny how you only see austrian flags outside of /deutsch/ when that topic comes up. its peak cringe

Tbh I see Austrians just as I see southern villagers in Germany.

>r. But since Austrians absolutely despise germans neither a group identity nor a sense of community is found between us and them.

So the same as some people in different villages/cities in Germany. With that logic...well

>its funny how you only see austrian flags outside of /deutsch/ when that topic comes up.
Isn't it obvious? Everybody apparently sees us as germans so it's in our interest to clarify we're not. If you had a brain you'd know

>Tbh I see Austrians just as I see southern villagers in Germany.
That'd be like me saying that i see all humans the same. Doesn't mean its right

Being german doesn't mean that you have to be ethnically saxon or hanseatic though

>have some german exchange students
>talk to one of them
>"so where in germany do you live?"
>"im from austria in fact"
>so you guys have your own government or what?"
>he sighs
lmao stop thinking you have you own identity

Attached: 1548328574160.jpg (500x402, 129K)

I dont know.
I think its silly and people rightly make fun of us for it. I can drive for 40min and cross the German border and there is almost no fucking difference. I get why people wanted to distance themselves after WW2, but nowadays it just seems fucking autistic.

But its all just banter, amirite? Hehehehe.

>are slovaks czech or not?
Yes they are

>reddit spacing
the eternal r/austrian at it again I reckon

gtfo bazmeg

>asked Austrian fag if they were just south Germans
>the guy unironically said they felt closer to Hungary and Switzerland then to Germany
they're living in the past m8

Attached: Emperor Karl.jpg (757x960, 115K)

Austrians are Germans in denial who pretend they're different because they have no identity of their own. There's no Austrian culture, everything they do today is copied from us. They're basically a slightly poorer Bavaria.

>>reddit spacing
Fucking off yourself already

>I can drive for 40min and cross the German border and there is almost no fucking difference.
Yes, cause of how close those people at the border are to us and we're to them. You can cross the border to any country that borders us and you won't find any noticeable difference other than language.

>they're living in the past m8
Really, cause it seems to me that you're the one holiding on to a long gone thing

>can't even quote properly
>still can't write proper paragraphs
elmo alder

Is your only part in this thread to be an absolute retard? Because you're really excelling at it

I never said we were immune to living in the past and "no, you" isn't an argument

Attached: cute austro-hungary.png (417x588, 49K)

I think it's the opposite.
A hundred years almost every German speaking Austrian would have considered himself to be German.
It was also a way of distancing themselves from other ethnicities in the Empire/A-H.

It just the last 2-3 generation that get it drilled into their heads that they aren't German via sports rivalries and jokes, when it's painfully obvious to any objective observer that we fucking are.

Okay, let me spell this out for you:
>Austrians identifying as germans
Concept of the past

>Austrians not identifying as germans
Concept of today

Do you see what i'm talking about?

>There's no Austrian culture, everything they do today is copied from us.
It's the exact other way round, tho. Austrians are the cultural Germans.

"No, I'm nothing like you, dirty German!"

Attached: C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg (800x450, 46K)

>other than language

But that's a major fucking difference in defining any ethnicity.
You would never consider a person Austrian, who doesn't speak our language, and you probably couldn't distinguish the average Bavarian from me.

>Concept of today

An artificial concept enforced upon us by the Allies and happily embraced by our population to shift away blame for WW2.
Also probably outdated.

Unbelievably based. Start calling him "The German". Austrians have a huge inferiority complex towards Germany because it was Prussia and not them to unify Germany. So they will claim they are "soooo different" from Germany and hating on German people while in the same time expressing the love for the exact German mindset they supposidly hate, for example by claiming South Tirol is Austrian. Their great bearded philosopher is literally part of their national identity which makes them kind of nuts, really. Any "nationalistic" Austrian secretly just wants to be part of Germany in his subconsciusness, especially if they claim otherwise.

tldr: Schnitzel and Germknödel are great german cuisine

It is funny to read them.

Attached: a.png (664x556, 190K)

>before hitler
>we are germans!

>after hitler
>we are not germans! we are austrians! we are hitlers first victim, we dindu noffin.

so mad
cringe

German culture isn't homogeneous, Germany itself is an amalgamation of several related, but different tribes. While northern parts of Germany have largely been Prussified or turned into amorphous urban mass like Ruhr, there's still strong regional identities elsewhere. You have Saxonians, Franconians, Bavarians, Swabians, Badenese, Palatines, Rhinelanders all celebrating their own local cultures, traditions and dialects. Many will put the local identity first and foremost, but very few will deny they're German as well. They'll tell you that they're definitely the best, most unique and superlative kind of Germans instead. Even here down South in Bavaria with its "we are us" attitude and very strong regionalism you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone autistic enough to claim that neighboring Swabians or Franconians are different to a degree that they're "entirely separate people with similar language to us". This has largely been the case with Austrians as well throughout history. They were the leading nation in HRE and later on they were the main contender for the position of leader of united Germany. Hell, the whole idea of pan-Germanism was de facto born in Austria. However after the end of WW2 with the blessing of Allies they've made a point of creating an artificial "Austrian identity" that is not only a unique and special part of overall German cultural continuum, but supposedly an entirely separate and different culture altogether. What makes it even more hilarious is that Austrian regional culture is 95% identical to Bavarian (which isn't surprising as both are the descendants of Bajuvar tribe - see picrelated). So there you have it: on one thing it's true that Austrians have their own special culture and are "different to most Germans", on the other hand probably half the Germans also have a regional culture and are "different to most Germans".

tldr: they're South Germans with extremely special snowflake mentality post-war courtesy of Eternal Anglo

Attached: Bayern_um_788.png (663x368, 106K)

Thats wrong Austrians are german speakers, we are DUTCH speakers different country different language we are nothing like Germans

Germans come in four types
Austrians - pure good
Swiss - pure neutral
Germans - pure evil
Bavarians - vessels of satan himself

they are butthurt germans

we wuzn't germans n shiet

German vs Austrian
Don't watch if you have a weak stomach! Very brutal
youtube.com/watch?v=sFoeIRVwP6A

If they don't want to be German that's their deal. You guys have no right to destroy their heritage and culture

>I now identify as a transblack genderqueer nordikang and you have no right to mock me you fucking bigot!!!

Attached: 1551525328732.jpg (1080x1020, 72K)

That's not even a thing. Austria had been a different thing for almost a 1000 years now

I see it like this:
Ethnicity and language: German
Nationality: Austrian

Is that offensive?

thats like if Bavaria became independent right now you would say wtf Bavarians aren't germans at all they are their own thing

Different to what?

oh boy please stop talking

Are you Czechs or not? I never understood this.

>hitler
>evil

really feel bad for austrian posters sometimes

theyre very smug and rude on Jow Forums

To you. For one you are are their lessers. Two they are much more cultured than you.

Their fault essentially, talk some French or Italian on occasion and you won't have that Problem.
Being mistaken for a German is so embarrassing. When I'm abroad in Europe I often flash my Swiss passport so people know I'm not German, and suddenly everybody gets friendly and relaxed, nobody spits in your food no more and people do understand German.

>Austria
>Austrians

It's logic bitch! Germans live in Germania!

Attached: 12806585.jpg (600x442, 75K)

Austrians just have a lot of regional pride, I am german but I always felt more northern then german, and just thought about southerners as mountain people(swiss, austria, bavaria) easterners as dumb ossies and middle west germans as boring

no

Attached: pepee.png (675x661, 244K)

@102727050
>rebbit-tier bait
Gonna have to try harder.

>people do understand German
Too bad you can't speak it, zwinglitard.

>Two they are much more cultured than you.
This kinda true, Austrians have a distinctive suave charm Germans normally lack.

>burger talking about culture

Attached: 1551270900018.jpg (391x348, 20K)

Come to the church square now, bitch. Say it to my face!

Attached: Zwingli.jpg (801x1042, 95K)

>live near airport
>two german flight attendants move in next door
>within a week they have found the two nastiest niggers in the ghetto and are bringing them over

Attached: Capture.png (399x322, 42K)

lol, suck it wh*te boi

Äuäää.

Attached: 1529301040953.jpg (989x1000, 76K)

If I have to describe the difference in charm and culture between the Austrians and Germans I like to use the following picture. Imagine Austria as a beautiful, perfectly shaped, fully erect 8 inch cock, nice juicy gland, a fat line of best Bolivian flake on top and a 50€ bill tapped to the ballsack. That's Austria. Now Germany is a 5 feet cactus dipped in dogshit and gonorrhea. That's Germany in comparison.
t. longtime neighbor of both

>This kinda true, Austrians have a distinctive suave charm Germans normally lack.
Yes, Austrians have more class and a more sophisticated sense of humour in my experience. Just more laid back.

Reddit tier response. Not surprised you're assblasted at them though. Austrians talk and you follow

>we are not germans
>reee
you are literally called dutch, though

Do Austrians do this to you often?

Only if they have real class, quads duly noted.

Attached: Heino.jpg (960x960, 48K)

@102727668
>n-no u-ure rebbit
Stay mad clueless mutt.

Have another (you)
Not my fault you Germans keep getting led by the nose by others. Austrians, French, Anglos etc...

You must enjoy by now

What’s an American holiday without some ghetto BBC?

When I meet up with Germans down here south they're very talkative and interested, but I can see the constant pokerface no matter how they try to hide it. They see me as a quirky foreigner and my part of Europe as a weird otherland they're currently exploring.

When I'm with an Austrian, he feels pretty much at home. The discussion often descends into blabbering about the good old days as the remnants of the old empire are everywhere. Austrian gets me and finds it a blast to be in a more open society. They're literally infatuated by the character of their non-German neighbors.

As I see it, Austrians used to be Germans, but the south/north split, especially the Catholic Habsburg culture, created a rift between northern and southern Germans. Bavarians were an edge case that was kind of assimilated into Germany, but Austria was too strong, independent and far away to assimilate into the northern Prussian culture when the German identity was formed in the 19th century. The dissolution of HRE didn't help either and it can be considered the point where Austria was no longer legally bound to Germany.
When Austrians say they considered themselves Germans a hundred years ago, I feel like it's a gross oversimplification as well. The thing is, it was the aristocratic culture which considered "Germanness" something other than low brow nationalism. And this Germanness exists among the aristocracy even today. However, for normal Austrians who considered themselves German a 100 years ago, it was state or liberal nationalist propaganda that made them do so (depending on the person). I'd consider the end of HRE the moment Austrians started developing a new ethnicity, the Prussian unification of Germany as the moment where Austrians had no chance to become German again and Hither the last screeching scream of a wannabe German. You can meme about the eternal Anglo who backed Austria up in not being German, but they're a new thing for about 150 years now.

Do Austrians agree with me?

@102727970
>literally took the entire world twice to stop us
>his colonial master's ruler is German nobility
>w-we l-led you by the nose
Stay mad, rootless aimless Zionist slave.

>Austrian is larping again about not being German

Attached: 1545107397397.jpg (890x765, 111K)

You forgot to put Dutch, Swiss, Poles, Italians and Spanish on the list of people who by tradition snub Germans.

>please, daddy senpai Austria sir, notice me, you're very special indeed

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab.jpg (258x245, 12K)

why are swiss people so gay?

>when the German identity was formed in the 19th century
>I'd consider the end of HRE the moment Austrians started developing a new ethnicity

what a fucking retard
each day I discover over and over agan that you are the worst poster on this board, always talking about stuff you don't know about

What seems to be the problem user?

mediziner anons, was hat das für einen grund, wenn das augenlid ab und zu zittert? hab ich nur unter der woche ab und an

Magnesiummangel, Verspannung...

Austrians always had their own thing going, even back at Maria Theresia's Time Vienna would be much different from Berlin and Austrians would be distinct.

Mozart called germany his fatherland

stress auf arbeit?
oder du bist ein homo...

>Vienna would be much different from Berlin
So was Köln and Dresden and Hamburg. In fact Vienna and Berlin are probably the most similar among these.