Be american

>be american
>be 16
>get a learners permit for driving
>drive a bunch with your parents
>come of age and do a piss easy driving test
>get a license
Is it really THAT easy in the US? Sounds fucking retarded.

Attached: 1551873336323.jpg (558x614, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is it any different in chechnya republic?

>sign up for a driver's school
>have to take up a variable amount of theory classes
>then you go on a training machine to simulate driving and you have to pass that
>then you have to complete 28 driving lessons, each taking 45 minutes (you usually take two at once though)
>now you have completed driver's school and go do an official government theory test
>after you pass that you do your final driving test (most people fail their first try)
>then you get a license

I got my license when I was 15.
In my state, you can get your learners permit at 15, do an 8 hour indoor class where you watch people die (meant to discourage against drinking/texting and driving), do 3 hour long driving lessons after school, than take your driving test 6 months after you got your learners permit.
Not very hard.

But the classes are only necessary if you're under 17, if you're over 17 you can take the theory/permit test, than take the drivers license test on the same day and get your license

This can't be real

It cost me 3000 fucking dollars to get a god damn drivers license. Some real fucking shit

In my state you can't get a license until you're 18.

Learn to fucking read.

Americans just aren't very fond of bureaucracy, fees and licenses.

It's the same here, except to get your learner's permit you have to go through 12 hours of classes or something.

>be american
>at 16 get a driving license and plow with your lifted brotruck into a crowd of disadvantaged minorities waiting for a bus
>at 18 get a firearm and shoot up your highschool because one guy disrespected your favourite anime
>at 19 sign up to the army and die for israel
>you still can't buy alcohol for another two years.

Attached: american schoolchidren on their way to school.jpg (640x434, 194K)

My bad, I skipped around when reading. How hard is it supposed to be to get a license?

Cause you wasted money on fucking driving lessons lmao

Never mind.

Wait, isn't this the standard in all the world? can really pretty much anyone in America get a license?

In some states you can get a full license at 15. The new trend is for zoomers not wanting to drive and not getting licenses until they're 18 or 19. I got mine at 18 because my mum made me.
Not true, we love bureaucracy and regulation if it's for dangerous things like complimenting a woman's looks in the workplace. We're just a little more laidback about unimportant things like guns, cars and building codes

Also you need to go through mandatory driving lessons which range from 600-1000 canadian dollars. Then you need to pass a theory test and then a driving test to get your probationary license. 2 years later you get your full license. So not quite the same but we get the learner's permit at the same time as americans.

I don't know, I posted how it works here. You can't eliminate the human factor because some people will be irresponsible retards, but I'd say the way we have it teaches people 100x more and by extension it makes the roads safer. Nothing more nerve racking than seeing some obviously unpredictable cunt on the road with you.

Simulate driving? Why not just drive on an enclosed course at 5-10 mph and get a feel for the car? That’s what we did in my school and in a few short weeks I was driving like a pro on highways though I was initially scared to be driving at 20+ mph by the end of the course.

Americans can only drive automatic. A 10 year old can drive automatic.

Cause driving isn't hard. The most awful drivers I have ever known I met after moving to Norway.

If you think going through a laundry list of shit to be a competent driver is required then you belong in special ed. lol

Wait till you hear this, you can get a license piss easy in Florida for only $30
>at 15 you sign up for an after-school program to get a license
>program is 3 weeks long and twice a week each 1 hour long
>take 2 tests with unlimited tries and having the information in front of you
>do 3 hours of driving practice at school
>get a certificate and when you turn 16 pay $30 for a license

It's probably to eliminate retards who confuse right and left and can't keep driving in a straight line so they don't crash the car the second they turn the key. And yes these people exist.

I don’t want to imagine the amount of car accidents we would have where I live with everyone driving manual, we already have enough as is without bringing a more complicated machine into the picture. Besides why would I bother to learn manual when I will never drive one?

They drive automatics, I rather use those girl bikes with the little basquets on front than use an automatic car

There are people that drive manual, just not as many.

>my anecdote will surely invalidate proper driving schools

Actually truckers drive manual

Nope.

>acting like having to do all this autistic shit to get a license is a GOOD thing
"no"

Can’t say I was ever that bad. I only failed my license test the first time because the instructor guy wanted me to wait to let a car pass in front of me and instantly failed me because of that, lol he even used the brake he had on his side to stop the car. I still got a great score besides that but that’s because I purposefully take it slow and drive carefully.

>manual is superior to automatic

Attached: 1551898957359.png (406x431, 10K)

I can't exactly disagree with you. Maybe its because this country was built with cars in mind so we're not as strict when it comes to that.

I havent driven for 4 years and will probably crash when i get a car again fml

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate
It's suprisingly few people that die in traffic accidents in the US.
The numbers are still somewhat sub-first world though.

Lol, how old are those trucks then?

Newer than a freshly born child

No point in manual gears when your going start-stop through endless suburban commutes with a gorillion other cars.

Is that really common in the US? Normal trucks for commercial use, with manual gearing?

Yeah, they're 15-18 gears normally. Slowing down in an automatic takes much longer than in a manual and when you're dealing with such large and heavy loads you need to be as careful as possible

>easy means retarded
jealous tatar

so that's your excuse for a 3000 dollar bill?
lmao. learning manual would take a few extra hours, not a big deal

>proper means expensive
cuck

Imagine not living in a country where you can just fuck around in a high school class then take a yellow piece of paper to the DMV in exchange for a crisp license

also notice that the average in EU is higher than in the us. so it is really a function of culture/living standards/etc. 1st world is safer in all aspects. so it has nothing to do with the duration and cost of the driving school

>stop and go traffic in suburbs
it is the opposite, dumb ass. urban european traffic is horrible. imagine driving a stick there. grim.

A stick in traffic isn't even that bad. It only gets mildly annoying with steep hills and stop and go.

The alchohol thing is a leftover from the Prohibition

40 years ago everybody drove manual and the drivers tests were nonexistent. It was acceptable for 13 year olds to drive farm trucks on public roads. Your argument is shit.

yeah and the test was a joke. we parallel parked, then drove to 1 light and 1 stop sign then returned and the whole thing took like 5 minutes

I had to k turn, drive 2-3 miles, and reverse into a parking spot. Ezpz.

what's a k turn?

>Sign up for a driver's school
>Pay around 800 euros
>40 theory classes, 45 each
>Theory exam
>If you fail you pay 50 euros for a new one
>40 driving lessons, 45 each
>Driving exam
>Failing is 50 euros again
>Good job, now you have a licence that is only valid from 6 to 23 o'clock, 90% speed limit is applied and penalties are much more strict(max. 9 negative points instead of normal 18) for 3 years.
>If you are under 18, you're gonna need to have a supervisor who has had a licence for at least 5 years
>ffw 3 years later
>Good, now you have a regular licence and you can drive to work if you haven't given up already

Attached: 1550764107299.png (1070x601, 459K)

It's really a cinch to drive, and stay safe in operation of a car. perhaps you mountain slavs are simply too stupid to operate motor vehicles, being that your history is one of poverty, soviet enforced mass transit and vehicle rationing, along with roads to medival and primitive for such contraptions anyway.

that's because it's experience that matters. after a year or two everyone is the same. doesn't matter how long you practiced before getting a dl.

A 3 point turn.

Attached: 1200px-Three-point_turn.svg.png (1200x1082, 54K)

the OP is some russian muslim minority

oh, i've never heard somebody call it a k turn before
i agree

Honestly I wish we had the same standards for driver testing in North America as in the EU, there are WAY to many retards who should have never been allowed on the road.

Attached: car-bump-edit[1].jpg (1000x667, 122K)

Probably would be less because people would actually have to focus more instead of driving like they're brain dead on an automatic

having more people driving is better for the economy

what's worse is that they want to let illegals gets licenses, not that they don't already disregard our laws and drive without them, I've been hit by one of those pieces of human pond scum

It's the american way of life to exaggerate, including making it sound 'easy' to get a license.

in reality you have to take theory classes in school, which happens an entire half a semester replacing physical education. You also have to take personal behind-the-wheel training which you pay for by yourself.
It's only after those sessions that the instructor can sign a paper that you have to have when you take the license exam. You cannot get a single question wrong on the first part of the exam or it ends automatically and you're kicked out. and then you have to wait weeks to retake it.

But yes, since the education is "free" in school and the application for a license is like $25 it is considerably cheaper than in yurop

I had to do none of this to get my license, it must be your state standards

I never had automotive training in school, you can take an elective training course in your own time that lasts a month

My blood pressure is significantly raised whenever I go through an urban center, minimum 4 people driving like absolute dangerous mogoloids, also fuck taxi drivers

>urban european traffic
What the fuck are you even talking about, american cities are designed in a grid which means junctions up the ass everywhere. A stick would be much worse in any US city.

good shitpost