Why doesn't Norway have Lidl?

Why doesn't Norway have Lidl?

Attached: 5pxs6j6qzoey.png (1053x651, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N7Aip87-SWI
youtube.com/watch?v=JX13ZuLIMw4#t=429
aftenposten.no/okonomi/i/v2wyV/Nar-dobbelt-sa-mange-varer-i-svenske-matbutikker-som-i-norske
tv2.no/v/781111/
brage.bibsys.no/xmlui/bitstream/handle/11250/135578/Haakon Winger Eide.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they are satanists

They have no need for our poverty shops.

We have our own version of that shit store named rema1000 youtu.be/N7Aip87-SWI

The "cheap store" market in Norway is already filled with REMA and Kiwi

There's no poor people in Norway.

They drive across the border to buy cheap food from us.

Conversely, dey gib us job. tank yuu for moniez, mr norway

Attached: 13976528.jpg (580x563, 236K)

There are they are called Swedes

We had, but they left the market because norwegians wasn't interested in a store that almost only sold German products

>They drive across the border to buy cheap food from us.
Norwegian candy companies actually sperged out over this some time ago. There were complaints that the amount of eastern Norwegians shopping for candy, tobacco, alcohol etc. in Sweden was so high that it was severely damaging the sale of Norwegian products.
Serves them right for those outrageous prices, if I didn't live in Western Norway I'd svenskehandle all the time too

Regarding the jobs, you're more than welcome anytime x

Vargrug explains:

youtube.com/watch?v=JX13ZuLIMw4#t=429

We had lidl once, but when they established here the government absolutely cucked them by increasing the tax/toll on everything they imported to sell. In the end, they had to give up and REMA bought all their stores.

Attached: 1486230660653.png (392x334, 237K)

It's not that, it's just that the role that Lidl fills in Europe was already filled in Norway when they first tried to set up shop here.

Based Varg answering my thread

i have been in kiwi ama

Did you buy a kiwi fruit?

I want Lidl and ICA to return...... Fuck this grocery store oligopoly

thank you sven for offering us "cheap" alcohol and cigarettes.

What's wrong with REMA and Kiwi, user? Lidl I can understand because of the amount of random shit they have, but I've been in many ICAs and they're no different.

Sweden isn't cheap. Germany and Poland is cheap.

Sweden is still cheaper than Norway, and it's VERY close if you live in Eastern Norway. Convenience is king. Or are you saying that you'd rather drive down through Denmark to Germany?

everything is relative, sweden is cheaper than norway, denmark is cheaper than sweden, germany is cheaper than denmark etc.

They have their own alternatives

I get paid a Norwegian wage and without it I would probably not be able to live comfy at my young age. I love your country thank you so much, I also get to interact with so many nice Norwegians and Danes.

Attached: b1.jpg (228x221, 8K)

>People in Norway are resgitered as a number
Is it a real thing?
That's creepy as hell

Basically this. Lidl was outcompeted before they even set up shop here.

Take everything Varg says with a grain of salt.
Also, to add to this, the Norwegian govt. decided to fuck Lidl over, in addition to them being outcompeted.

Isn't national identification numbers common in other countries?

They should, the selection in Norwegian grocery stores is horrible. IIRC they only had 50% of the selection found in Swedish stores and we probably have the worst selection (and prices) in the EU. Thanks ICA.

listen here comrade, we should only have one grocery store and the it should be owned by the state.

Attached: 1552501076242.png (1156x689, 685K)

>They should, the selection in Norwegian grocery stores is horrible
That's because of norwegian protectionism

Refreshingly positive post for a Nord talking about other Nords. Baserad och vit.

Read the thread, the Lidl niche has already been filled in Norway. Also the 50% number is pulled out of your ass.

Can any Norwegian confirm if anything he said in this video is true? I can hardly believe that

aftenposten.no/okonomi/i/v2wyV/Nar-dobbelt-sa-mange-varer-i-svenske-matbutikker-som-i-norske

It's partly explained by Norway having smaller stores

our stores have fewer products because they are smaller and we have many more grocery stores per capita than sweden.

The number is nowhere near 50%. But you're right, the Norwegian selection isn't quite as good as other western European countries, and that's mostly because of our protectionist policies regarding the EU.

lol
imagine being so sheltered and first world that the biggest concern you have is the amount of food diversity in your fucking grocery stores
Thank fuck my parents moved here so I won't ever have troubles like they did

Wow

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-193011~2.jpg (1080x795, 97K)

Just propaganda by eu so they can have even more foreign stuff in our stores. Our stores are already filled with junk from sweden, denmark and germany.

fuck rema, kiwi and coop. the local shop owned by a pakistani is better and cheaper

Rosengren wasn't joking when he called Norway the last Soviet state

Attached: 23897131.jpg (327x316, 28K)

We are also pretty much like that

Good that he had to apologize in front of all of Scandinavia, then.
What a distasteful, backhanded comment.

Would rather choose between two larger stores with better prices, selection and deli than four small stores with the same 3 wares and no deli. But that's just me.

Norge er den siste sovjetstat. De er så utrolig nasjonalistiske.

>De
Ut av landet mitt, kamerat.

True. Denmark is the only based nordic country desu

Er den norske oversettelse av hva Rosengren sa.Det er Rosengren sitt sitat
tv2.no/v/781111/

Det falt deg ikke inn å
>sitere?

Did he really have to apologize?

Rosengren måtte i etterkant be om unnskuldning, så han fekk som fortent.

>kommunisme og nasjonalistisk
Var svensken koko?

>så han fekk som fortent
It was just banter

Yes? It's an absolutely asinine statement. Of course you apologize if you offended an entire nation.

Even we have Lidl

>offended an entire nation
So you can't handle the banter?

>(((Rosen)))gren
Dette fikk meg VIRKELIG til å tenke!

He said that because something swedish couldn't buy a norwegian company back in the 90s. Btw Norway tried to buy Volvo but wasn't allowed to.

>You're all communists and are simple-minded nationalists (which, in Sweden, is the same as being a racist)
>lol you can't handle the banter

What is this?

Attached: file.png (88x103, 11K)

That doesn't really apply to 1990's political climate in Scandinavia

I remember Lidl, my local Lidl had a cute redhead working in the store on thursdays and fridays

>You're all communists and are simple-minded nationalists
Now you're incorrectly paraphrasing just to make it seem worse

Because they don't have poor people.

Sweden helped the nazis with invading Norway. Sweden pay reparations when?

Under threat of invasion from Nazi Germany if they failed to comply. A war that Sweden would have lost 100%.
Get your facts straight.

Nazbol gang

They were working on a fusion between Telia and Telenor. I don't know what triggered him to say so. The only debate I remember was whether to place the HQ in Stockholm or Oslo

Lidl sets up its shops only in towns bigger than 20k here. It drives me mad because I live in a 10k town and we only have a Portuguese chain Biedronka which is fine but I'd like to have a competitor and bigger choice.

Glasgow and Edinburgh with suburbs

I would say Kaufland>Lidl>Biedronka
Lidl is okay, but Kaufland has a better offer.

Auchan>everything else, both in terms of prices and offer.

because it doesnt want competition for local agriculture

Hmm, maybe but I do not have Auchan in my city.

Based Varg knows everything.

>buying food anywhere but Meny
enjoy your disgusting shit

t. works at meny

>local agriculture
>Norway

What are the cheapest/best stores in Norway?
I heard kiwi and rema 1000 are the best, any others?

We dont really have any nation wide store brand which focuses on selling cheap stuff

Government regulations make agriculture a striving industry here, the taxes on importing greens are so ridiculous you barely make any profit, hence why the restaurant industries are so expensive cause its so expensive to get ingredients which are grown in Norway

brage.bibsys.no/xmlui/bitstream/handle/11250/135578/Haakon Winger Eide.pdf
Main reasons in short:
>Government regulations, import taxes and protectionism of own resources
>Consumers disliked a company independent of our strong unions, and also that their profits went outside the country
>The 4 main brands running 99% of the Norwegian market working together to push them out
>Poor marketing research
Commieway btw

You are always welcome to Norway

We don't want sw*des in Norway

Why not, they are good lads.

It's because of high wages you fucking fool. This isn't America, we don't tips

Its not the wages, the pricing of items are based on the average income so they dont lose on paying people more in a country where people pay more

Lidl fucking sucks
And so does Aldi

Yes it is. People makes too much money in this country. The living standard is too high.

>go to grocery store in norway for quick food
>dry wheat buns and cheese baguettes are your only options

>go to grocery store in sweden
>can buy an entire pizza ready to eat

Life as poorfag in Norway is hell.

All European countries got that

You have DNI and NIE in Spain

Spain is creepy now

probably a neet who can't even access his own bank account

Lidl is literally only a hub for foreigners anyways. No local ever sets foot in there. Not even sure if the product labels are actually in the local language

look at your passport

one in perth too
PERTH REPRESENT