I’m planning on learning Aramaic just in case Jesus (pbuh) returns in my lifetime inshallah to speak to him in his...

I’m planning on learning Aramaic just in case Jesus (pbuh) returns in my lifetime inshallah to speak to him in his first language.
Is this a good idea? Do you have any experience with Aramaic?

Attached: 1CBE0201-8377-4069-BCE4-6356C9F7E381.png (500x508, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentecost
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_of_Jesus
sas.upenn.edu/~haroldfs/popcult/handouts/klingon/KLINGONV.HTM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPA_pulmonic_consonant_chart_with_audio
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPA_vowel_chart_with_audio
youtu.be/aAWHwjr70kM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>implying you will have the chance to speak to him out of billions of people

I’ll be one of a handful that will speak his native toungue inshallah

Remember that there are many dialects, and Jesus spoke Judaic-Aramaic.

Jesus (pbuh) spoke a dialect of the Israeli-Palestinian dialect.
I’m not sure which writing system he used though, (I.e Hebrew or Syriac?)

dumbest shit I have ever heard of
that's like learning klingon just in case they visit us (actually more likely than Jesus return)

2/3 of the world agree he will come back

Probably either Hebrew or Pheonician

Muslims: Accept Jesus as the Messiah
Jews: Killed our Lord and Saviour
We must punish these Yiddish rats

The Jews tried to kill him, but allah is the best planner. The Jews are still waiting for their messiah, soon the chicken will come home to roost inshallah.
Hopefully the smart Jews will realize who the real messiah is.
>phonecian
NiBBa what. I was erring on the side of Hebrew but I thought Syriac could be a possibility. I have no clue how phonecian could be a possibility.

This. /thread

I honestly don’t understand how you can’t believe in God in 2019 now that the Quran has been translated into so many languages.

Wait. Do Muslims actually revere Jesus that much?

Then why do they oppress and murder Christians?

If I was kidnapped by Muslim terrorists and told them they should't behead me because Jesus taught us to love each other, would they listen?

Jesus probably spoke Greek and Hebrew too.

I met a hippy who thought he was Jesus outside of a movie theatre. We shared a joint, was a bit scared he’d kill and eat me. Op, your time would be better spent at the gym or reading criticisms of religion because you will never meet Jesus the mythical character. Closest you’ll get is some burn out druggie outside the cineplex at 8pm on a tuesday.

>Wait. Do Muslims actually revere Jesus that much?
Yes. We say his mom was the greatest woman to ever live and he was one of the greatest prophets of God and the messiah.
>Then why do they oppress and murder Christians?
That’s a bit of an exaggeration, there are still tons of Christians in Lebanon, Egypt and other Muslim places. Yeah oppression does happen but it’s mostlu because some people are stupid (like isis)
>If I was kidnapped by Muslim terrorists and told them they should't behead me because Jesus taught us to love each other, would they listen?
I guess it depends on the circumstances and why they were killing you but I can’t speak for terrorists haha

>That’s a bit of an exaggeration, there are still tons of Christians in Lebanon, Egypt and other Muslim places
>Lebanon
>Muslim place
this is proof enough of oppression

Greek is a very hard language for an Aramaic speaker to learn, and not very many people spoke Hebrew back then which is why I assume he was most comfortable in Aramaic.

What does Qran tell about teachings of Jesus? Are they actually the same or similar as in Biblie?

Really? I thought Greek was the main administrative language and was common in big cities like Jerusalem and Damascus.

Yeah it was, but it’s still linguistically hard for an Aramaic speaker. Aramaic is an afroasiatic Semitic language, which is not related to Greek at all.

>but it’s still linguistically hard for an Aramaic speaker
Are you suggesting that Jesus Christ, the son of God, would struggle to learn one of the most widely used languages of his time?

Jesus is the Messiah who will save the Jews and will return at the end times.

>implying God wouldn't render languages meaningless during the second coming
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentecost
Also note that as someone literate during the Roman empire, he also probably spoke Greek. When Jesus read scripture in the temple, Hebrew was long dead and Greek at that point was at least 50/50 with Aramaic as the Jewish literary language.
The old testament (the Latin one) was translated from the Septuagem, which were Jewish scriptures in Greek

The Quran mostly agrees with the Bible but disagrees with Christians on the divinity of christ.
The Quran says Jesus was born miraculously and Mary was told of her pregnancy by Gabriel. When she was accused of fornication by the Jews, Jesus spoke from the crib and exonerated her. Jesus healed the leper and the blind by allah’s will.
The main disagreements between Christians and Muslims:
The Quran says the Jews tried to kill him but allah saved Jesus and took him up. In the Hadith it’s explained that a companion took his place on the cross but it’s not agreed upon.
Jesus isn’t seen as God nor the son of God.
Jesus never died, when he comes back he will live out his life.
The Holy Spirit in Islam is the angel Gabriel, not part of a trinity.
Also John the carpenter isn’t in Islam.

>The Quran mostly agrees with the Bible but disagrees with Christians on the divinity of christ.
Isn't that kinda like saying that I'm mostly a vegetarian except I eat meat every day?

1. I don’t believe he was then biogical literal son of God.
2. Even in Christian theology he took complete human form and human capabilities and limitations.

No. My point is that in the Bible Jesus doesn’t say he is God nor that he should be worshipped. Thus the Quran agrees with the Bible but not Christians.

1. Neither do I. That was half-sarcastic.
2. But he was probably of above-average intelligence and capable of tackling a language.

Ah, gotcha.

Idk what it says in the Quran, but in the Bible, Jesus talks to plenty of Romans, for example Pilate. I think it's somewhat likely a Roman elite shipped out to the middle of nowhere would be speaking Greek

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_of_Jesus
>It is generally agreed by historians that Jesus and his disciples primarily spoke Aramaic (Jewish Palestinian Aramaic), the common language of Judea in the first century AD, most likely a Galilean dialect distinguishable from that of Jerusalem.[1] The villages of Nazareth and Capernaum in Galilee, where Jesus spent most of his time, were Aramaic-speaking communities.[2] It is also likely that Jesus knew enough Koine Greek to converse with those not native to Israel, and it is also possible that Jesus knew some Hebrew for religious purposes.[3][4][5]

In the Passion, Gibson had him speak Aramaic thru the movie, but Latin to Pilate for the shock value. Like, imagine talking to some literally who prisoner and he responds to you in your own tongue.

You are mixing up things here, christians are the guys who are living a monotheistic lifestyle but believing in two gods.

Monotheism is a lifestyle?

>666
you should have asked him if traps are gay. we need answers

Passing trannies, no. Non-passing trannies or cisgender cross-dressers, yes.

Attached: sddefault.jpg (640x480, 20K)

There's actually quite a lot of people who speaks fluent Klingon, in fact more than Navajo speakers.
sas.upenn.edu/~haroldfs/popcult/handouts/klingon/KLINGONV.HTM
Kek

Jesus here, the Holy Language is Old Irish.

You should post here more often, Jesus.

You can learn Arabic and speak to Imam Al Mahdi instead, insha Allah..

I'm already learning arabic.
I can form present tense sentences, idhafaas, ism wa siffas, masdr verbs and infinitive verbs.
moving on to past tense soon.

Attached: apu thumbs.jpg (680x544, 54K)

No because I hate gays

>I can form present tense sentences, idhafaas, ism wa siffas, masdr verbs and infinitive verbs.
That's impressive.
How long have you been studying it?
I'm currently studying it also and my reflect in the i'raabs is still poor. Also on the vocabularies, it's too abundant

>no dental fricative
>no voiced pharyngeal approximant
>no voiced velar fricative
>holy

I'm about 20 weeks into it.
>Also on the vocabularies, it's too abundant
Vocabulary is the hardest part for me. It'll get easier as we use it more inshallah.
I've always been good at languages, it's literally one of the only things I'm good at. And with arabic if you start trying to understand the quran it gets easier. For example even if you only know present tense you already have enough grammar to understand surat an-nas for example. Of course the vocabulary you still have to learn and memorize but that's the point.

Where can I get a basic rundown of what all that shit means?

Daily reminder that Jesus Christ is an alien

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPA_pulmonic_consonant_chart_with_audio
here's a chart with all the sounds with audio

Attached: ipa.jpg (695x899, 137K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPA_vowel_chart_with_audio
oh and here are ipa vowels in case you're a vowelfig

>no dental fricative
>no voiced velar fricative
both of these exist in Old Irish

Thanks based anons.

Aramic and hebrew are very simillarity
i think hebrew it's the language that is the most close to aramic.

>And with arabic if you start trying to understand the quran it gets easier
Indeed بإذن الله
And I do learn it from Qur'an and that's how I get the pronunciation right, by listening to the qaari' reciting it.
>if you only know present tense[..]
I somehow find this method unorthodox because I always find when you learn the verb and the tenses you are served with the triplet [past - nonpast - masdar]

I wouldnt hold my breathe, I doubt pbuh (jesus) was legit in the first place.

when my messiah arrives, he's going to lead a great army that will holocaust jews in the entire world once and for all.

Attached: genghis-khan-green.jpg (300x375, 34K)

>If I was kidnapped by Muslim terrorists and told them they should't behead me because Jesus taught us to love each other, would they listen?

Terrorists don't become terrorists out of devotion to some religion in much the same way Soviets didn't become communists because of believing they are making the poor Alexi's life better.

>voiced velar fricative
oh my bad, I didn't know.
>dental fricative
wow you just blew my mind
I just assumed you didn't have it because modern irishmen can't pronounce the dental fricative in english. Maybe I fell for anglo propaganda

>I somehow find this method unorthodox because I always find when you learn the verb and the tenses you are served with the triplet [past - nonpast - masdar]
interesting.
My text book teaches us nonpast, then masdar then past, not all together.
Canaanite is closer.

2/3 of the world has mental health issues, if you havent figured it out by now. AND YOURE ONE OF THEM!

me too ;_;

>pbuh (jesus)

Attached: no words.jpg (400x400, 20K)

you don't need to be a fucking messiah to know that if both participants have a y chromosome, it's gay.

Attached: are gay.jpg (600x315, 29K)

Trannies aren't the only women who have a Y chromosome. Read more.

Another major disagreement : Comiting idolatry bowing towards a cube everytime on prays
Having to go to mecca

? I thought XXY people were male.

hes does tho you dont know shit muhammad

>I just assumed you didn't have it because modern irishmen can't pronounce the dental fricative in english. Maybe I fell for anglo propaganda
That's true, a lot of people can't pronounce them, and dental fricatives aren't a feature of modern Irish.

the kaaba serves as the qibla, just as the temple once served as a qibla to the people of Jesus's (pbuh) time. it, like the temple, is not an idol

>hes does tho you dont know shit muhammad
give me a ONE (1) quote from jesus (pbuh) in the bible where he does

sure muhammad

29My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.” 31At this, the Jews again picked up stones to stone Him.…
Go back to bombing people

1/2
>John 10
read the whole thing, Jesus is addressing this very topic.
>I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”
Jesus is saying he brings people to faith. And in this act, he and the father are one.
>The Jews who heard these words were again divided. 20 Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?”
Now the jews want to stone him because he called God "Father".
>Then came the Festival of Dedication[b] at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23 and Jesus was in the temple courts walking in Solomon’s Colonnade. 24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”
The jews want jesus to "plainly" say if he is the messiah
>Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”
Through Jesus we find God, what he is saying is correct.

2/2
>Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
>33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.
Again the jews go to stone him because they think what you say, that he is saying he is God.
>34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[d]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.
Jesus replies that in the old testament it says "you are Gods", and that is not blasphemey so how has he blasphemed? He's denying exactly what you're implying in your post, user.

Well if you are more comfortable that way than it's fine.
But the past forms are the ones used as lemmas in most dictionaries, or some uses the root consonants.

Attached: ar-conj-kataba.png (602x392, 97K)

Just realize the "he both" and "she both" lol.
Maybe it means they both (m) and they both (f)

>they both (m) and they both (f)
yeah haha. It just is trying to say it's dual.
It's surprising how bad a lot of the resources for learning arabic are, you have to search around a lot for the good stuff.

That IS weird.

>It's surprising how bad a lot of the resources for learning arabic are
This.
I'm learning it with a friend of mine, and he uses grammar books in Arabic mostly and a book titled "A reference grammar of Modern Standard Arabic" by Karin C. Ryding. I find that book very helpful.

I have a dua book that teaches Arabic alphabet, then vowels and diacrits lol

Let’s be honest. If Jesus did return none of you would want to speak to him for being a commie.

This picture
This statement
They don't compute

I want to learn it one day to read the Qabbalah tho

Something like this?

youtu.be/aAWHwjr70kM

Just out of curiosity, can Hebrew speakers understand some Arabic and vice versa the same way a French speaker can understand some Spanish?

>the qabbalah
There are qabbalah books in aramaic?

Just saying, Islam has a much better view of him than Judaism does.

John 14:7-9:

>7 If you really know me, you will know[a] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

>8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

>9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Matthew 26:63-67:

>63 But Jesus remained silent.

>The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

>64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”[a]

>65 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. 66 What do you think?”

yep, also the makhraj chart

all of them are in aramaic afaik

>John 14
Jesus's point was that the miracles he preformed are proof enough for God.
He didn't say, I am God.
>the Sanhedrin
I don't see your point. The Jews were being uppity.

Well from my observation in S.E. Asia Poland its mostly a things because:
>People being stupid and ignorant
>Hoax (typical hoax like in India)
>They just hate a lot of peoples

I've always kinda wanted to learn Aramaic, but I've never gotten to it.
I think you should.

>Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father

This is literally him confirming he's one with the Father.

>Jews were being uppity
It's pretty strange actually, because in Polish direct translation he says "Yes, I am him" instead of "You said so".

I'd like to know why, and what's in the original.

>This is literally him confirming he's one with the Father.
Going back to John 10, Jesus saying he's one with the father can be in the context of proselytizing, and in addition Jesus says what he's saying (the son of God stuff) isn't blasphemy if "you are Gods" isn't blasphemey ergo, from what I understand, he's saying that it's not literal.
>It's pretty strange actually, because in Polish direct translation he says "Yes, I am him" instead of "You said so".
That's another issue. Jesus was speaking aramaic and then it was translated to greek. and then it was translated either directly to polish or more likely to english in the king james bible and then into polish. You have to search a lot to see what Jesus is actually saying.

A Vandal magister with known Arian tendencies was holding a symposium in honour of Demophilus, a known schismatic.
"Before the toasts begin, you must get on your knees and worship God and accept that he was the most divine entity the ecumene has ever known, even greater than Christus whom he created!"
At this moment, a venerable Praepositus Limitis who had served on the frontiers for decades and understood the necessity of taming the Barbaricum and fully supported the creed promulgated by the great Constantinus rose from his couch and held up a crucifix.
"Who does this represent?"
The Rhenian cur smirked quite devilishly and smugly replied, "the created child of an indivisible God"
"You miss the point. Jesus Christ our Dominus is of the same substance as God and thus equal to Him."
The heretic was visibly shaken, and dropped his wine krater and copy of Eusebius' Onomastikon. He stormed out of the banquet hall crying those laetus crocodile tears. The same tears Donatists and Priscillians cry for the "poor" (who today are so holy that saints vie to kiss their feet) as they flee Roman territory to the outrage-committing Bacaudae in Armorica. There is no doubt that at this point the "learned" Vandal wished he had studied the work of the Holy Apostles and become more than a ludicrous teacher of rhetoric. He wished so much that he had a spatha to disembowel himself with due to the shame but he had sold all the city's arms for Gaiseric's ransom pay!
The partygoers politely clapped and all ceased their apostasy that day and accepted Jesus as the true Son of God. A divine light suddenly shone into the room and blazed upon the bust of Augustine and the statue wept miraculously. The Nicene Creed was recited, and Jesus Monogenes himself descended and banished the barbarians to the hellish wastes beyond the limes.
The magister lost his tongue and was castrated the following day. He was exiled to Troesmis, far from from God's Light.
Praise Jesus Consubstantialis.

Attached: 2sides.jpg (397x768, 134K)

>this entire exchange

see

The translation I'm speaking about is a direct translation from original languages, as I said. That's why I'm wondering why there is such a huge difference between Polish and English translation in that part.

Regardless, I believe I can't change your mind on that subject, but I think you can understand why Christians see Jesus as son of God based on those (and many other) fragments.

Thank you for answering my questions and peaceful discussion. May God bless you.

o7
May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you
I don't get this pasta at all.

jesus already came back and he spoke german