Question about Hungarians and Romanians

Why don't they consider themselves Slavs? Don't they understand that they are literally surrounded by them?

Attached: fig1-lgs-journal.pone_.0135820.g001-MAP.jpg (1932x1553, 1.65M)

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com/books?id=_gRPAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA519#v=onepage&q&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Their languages are not slavic though

But Hungarians have nothing to do with Ugric people and Romanians have nothing to do with Italians.

because us and hungarians are ayylmao-tier when it comes to genetics

What? How can you be different from people around you?

Well Hungarian language is literally called "Magyar" in Hungarian, so maybe they descend from Magyars?
And Romanians were a tribe (forgot their name) conquered by Romans fairly early
Now I don't know about their genetics, but it's probably different because of these linguistic and cultural differences

What does their culture has to do with genetics? Hungarians are same as their neighbors.

Attached: fig2-k1-6-journal.pone_.0135820.g003-1.jpg (2247x1461, 1.14M)

Cultural and linguistic differences usually indicate genetic differences.
They prevent inter marriage and integration between two different peoples, no?

why did you gypsy whore mother choke on pig cock until she died? Life is full of mysteries.

In the 19th century Romanian intellectuals were faced with the Pan-Slavic ideal. As we're standing in it's way, it was feared that we would somewhat be absorbed, therefore politics of distinguishing ourselves from Slavs were crucial.

Barely any cultural comparisons between Romanians and Slavs exist. The language was artificially inflated with Latin-derived words and Slavic vocabulary, of around 30-35%, went down to 15-20%.

Now with more Slavic FB groups and Slavic yt channels existing, Romanians are realising that they are barely any different to their immediate neighbours. Romanians are Slavic, showing genetics almost identical with Serbs and Bulgarians, with Easterners showing high similarity to Ukrainians.

Tl;DR: we feared Russia so we pretended we aren't Slavic.

No, they don't. They are pretty much same people

Yes, Bulgarians seem to match you the most

15% of the romanian language has its roots in slavic origin

>Cultural and linguistic differences usually indicate genetic differences.
Nigga, people can adopt certain language from other tribes ,even though they are genetically unrelated. That's why you all speak fucking Portugese, even though you have nothing in common genetically. Same goes for Hungarians, vast majority of Hungarians back then just adopted the Hungarian language, true Hungarians were a minority. And other aspects of Hungarian culture evolved much later, with adoption of christianity.

South Russians are Poles, Central Russians are Estonians, North Russians are Finns

Attached: 1538103810741.png (500x461, 237K)

Ok I agree but
>That's why you all speak fucking Portugese, even though you have nothing in common genetically
Vast majority of people here have at least some Portuguese ancestry

On the other hand, a study " Romanian bronz age genetics " shows that compared to Central and Eastern Europeans ( Balkans not included), Romanians show a higher similarity to pre-Yamnaya populations. What this means is that I2a1 , a pre-Yamnaya haplogroup, is more important proportionally than R1b and R1a, which are Yamnaya-associated haplogroups.

This means that Romanians, and probably Serbs and Bosnians, have a higher proportion of older European genes, but that culturally, the Yamnaya-derived Slavs have prevailed in the latter peoples but couldn't overthrow the language in Romania.

Overall this puts Romanians as a different people than Slavs themselves, but still European (just older).

>true Hungarians

Attached: 073_slide0073_image068.jpg (621x480, 71K)

>In the 19th century Romanian intellectuals were faced with the Pan-Slavic ideal. As we're standing in it's way, it was feared that we would somewhat be absorbed, therefore politics of distinguishing ourselves from Slavs were crucial.
true somewhat. More important was to get out of the Ottoman choke. It was important though to emphasis our special place in this region, the romanity, especially of the language.

>The language was artificially inflated
that is one of the dumbest thing ever said. Don't fall for hungarian and russian tricks. Most of the romanians were dirty illiterate peasants. It wouldn't have mattered. Even today, shepherds from the mountains speak a pure latin language with minimal slavic influence.
Moreover the language today has more slavic words than in the 15th century because of the russian/communist occupation.

>Vast majority of people here have at least some Portuguese ancestry
Okay, I did over exaggerate there, but you know what I mean.

Let Italians decide that:

Antonio Bonfini, biographer of Corvinus wrote in the 15th century:

Because [b]the Romanians are descendants of the Romans, a fact that even today is attested to by their language[/b], a language that, even though they are surrounded by diverse barbarian peoples, could not be destroyed.... Even if all kinds of barbarian attacks flooded over the province of Dacia and the Roman people... we can see that the Roman colonies and legions that had only recently been established could not be annihilated. Drowned in waves of barbarian attacks, they still preserved the Roman language and, so as never to lose it, they fought back so ferociously that one could observe that they were fighting not only to preserve their way of life, but even more so to preserve their language.

books.google.com/books?id=_gRPAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA519#v=onepage&q&f=false

Attached: 1551474076725.png (943x159, 20K)

This stuff is really not very interesting.

Attached: 2zfqxpt.png (1280x930, 282K)

Go to a folk museum and check the names of the tools used. Most are Slavic.

It's foolish to claim that the Latinisation never happened or that it was weak. Intellectuals took stances on it and some protested it, some argues for more radical transformations.

Check even newspapers in the first half of the 20th century, there were still words in use that now are not. Ex: zăbavă, slobozit. All of the sources that speak of this process are from Romanians, not foreigners.

Don't mind me, just speaking with my Slavic brother in the language Romanians used to speak in 1500
cпꙋ(c) къ aꙋ възꙋ(т) кꙋ ѡ̈кїи лoи къ aꙋ тpeкꙋ(т) чѣлe кopaбїи чe щїи ши дo(м)нїꙗ тa пpe
дꙋнъpe ꙟ cꙋ(c) ипa(к) cъ щїи къ бaгъ дeн тoтe ѡpaшeлe кътe м҃ дe ѡми(н) cъ ?
фїe ꙟн aжꙋтo(p) ꙟ кopaбїи ипa(к) cъ щїи кꙋмꙋ cѣꙋ пpинcъ нe щe мe(ш)щe(p) дe(н) ц[a]pи
гpa(д) кꙋ(м) вopь тpѣчe aчѣлe кopaбїи лa лoкꙋ(л) чeлa (cт)pимтꙋ(л) чe щїи ши дo(м)ниꙗ тa
ипa(к) cпꙋн дo(м)нїe тaлe лꙋкpꙋ(л) лꙋ мaхaмe(т) бe(г) кꙋ(м) aмь aꙋзи(т) дe бoѧpи чe cънть мeџїꙗ(ш)
ши дe џeнepe мїꙋ нeгpe кꙋмꙋ ѧꙋ дa(т) ꙟпъpaтꙋ(л) cлoбoзїe лꙋ мaхaмe(т) бe(г) пpe ((иꙋ)) иѡи вa
фи вoѧ пpeн цѣpa pꙋмънѣcкъ ꙗpъ eль cъ тpѣкъ ипa(к) cъ щїи дo(м)нїꙗ тa къ ape
фpикъ мape ши бъcъpaбь дe aчe(л) лoтpꙋ дe мaхaмe(т) бe(г) мa(и) въpтo(c) дe дo(м)нїeлe вo(c)тpe
ипa(к) cпꙋн дo(м)нїe тaлe кa мa(и) мapeлe мїꙋ дe чe aмь ꙟцeлe(c) шї eꙋ eꙋ cпꙋн дo(м)нїe тaлe ѧpъ
дo(м)нїꙗ тa eщи ꙟeлeпть ши aчѣcтe кꙋви(н)тe cъ цїи дo(м)ниa тa лa тинe cъ нꙋ щїe
ꙋми(н) мyлци ши дo(м)нїeлe нo(c)тpe cъ въ пъзици кꙋ(м) щици мa(и) бинe и б[oг]ь тe вe(c)[e]ли(т) aмї(н)ъ

Attached: 1552317962006.png (492x240, 119K)

>North Russians are Finns
It's not that simple, since Finns are a genetic isolate.

Attached: finns.png (733x753, 168K)

according to your shitty colored sticks they are practically the same as the french so why do they not consider themselves french?

hungarians are slovaks in denial and romanians are bulgarians in denial

Attached: apu.png (657x527, 13K)

Why are you so butthurt?

Those words are used now, actually pretty frequently around here
(Bucovina, BTW my grandmother speaks a dialect of Ukrainian and it isn't as close to Romanian as you want to believe)
And we have different synonyms for tools depending on the region.
I think you are implying that all of Romania was Slavic influenced not only Moldova
Which is wrong since then you could say that Romanians from Transylvania used Turkish words that the Wallachians used.

because being slavs mean mother russia will want to hug you tight, and we know how that feels like

Excude me?

I just wanted to point out you're retarded but I see now that you're just shitposting so I'm just gonna leave

>Latinisation never happened
I didn't say it never happened. I said that it didn't matter. No slavic words were replaced by french words. The extent of the so called "latinization" was to bring neologism from french into the language to make it more united.
Moldovians had more slavic word than transylvanians, which had some hungarians and german ones. Wallachians had very few slavic, but more turkish words. But the base of the language was the same for everybody. NO slavic word that was in common use for everybody was replaced by a latin one.

e.g. slobozit is still used. M-am slobozit de 2 ori azi.

>Hungary has existed since 895 A.D.
>Slovakia is less than 30 years old
>it uses the Hungarian coat of arms (recolored)
>has no national identity or culture
Mhmmmmm really made me think

Attached: 1512774981427.png (357x482, 159K)

I'm just pointed out that you're butthurt because of the Mediterranean admixture.

BTW more and more English words are used today
We wuz Anglos or something?
Can you tell me if pic is legit?
Is the source true or just some BS?

Attached: 1552082830180m.jpg (1012x1024, 221K)

hungarians lying because they are too afraid to embrace their slavic herritage. its okay laszlo it will not hurt you.

Methods are retarded.

>romanians are bulgarians in denial
not really, but it's likely that we're pretty much the same people indeed

>The extent of the so called "latinization" was to bring neologism from french into the language to make it more united.
I would add that French was the chosen language to take from because they were very influential then and the words also fit well in Romanian (slightly changed tho)
Thank God we weren't as retarded as others to invent our own words.

You match them admixture-wise. What else do you need?

Oh, will use against bozgors regardless
You are both brainwashed Vlaks

Attached: daciaharta.png (737x512, 289K)

Just because everyone around us is a part of the cyka blyat group doesn't mean we're in it too

>mother russia will want to hug you tight, and we know how that feels like
It will be extremely painful.

Attached: bane.jpg (303x455, 20K)

>t.Ruled by a Finn

I don't think that Vepsians count as Finns

Attached: 1541183518797.png (1477x836, 165K)

Yes, but it is supposed, based on historical research, that the majority of Novgorod Republic's population was what they called the "Chuds", i.e. the Finns. Nowadays there's probably more "Slavic blood" in the area but historically it was genetically more Finnish and Finnic languages were spoken widely.

So, we wuz kangs...