Instead of living in whatever dwelling you do, you wake up and this is where you live - for the rest of your life

Instead of living in whatever dwelling you do, you wake up and this is where you live - for the rest of your life.

How do you feel about this, and...
Is it an upgrade or a downgrade?

Attached: Los Angeles_dwellings_2.jpg (1628x2264, 1.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TZt-pOc3moc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I used to live there. Compared to my situation now it would be a downgrade but some of those neighborhoods aren't bad. One I used to live in was within walking distance to a grocery store, library, various schools, a mall and other shopping areas, it was remarkably convenient and actually contradictory to a lot of CA stereotype.

STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON, CRAZY MOTHERFUCKER NAMED ICE CUBE
FROM THE GANG CALLED NIGGAZ WITH ATTITUDES
WHEN I'M CALLED OFF, I GOT A SAWED OFF
SQUEEZE THE TRIGGER, AND BODIES ARE HAULED OFF
YOU TOO, BOY, IF YA FUCK WITH ME
THE POLICE ARE GONNA HAFTA COME AND GET ME
OFF YO ASS, THAT'S HOW I'M GOIN OUT
FOR THE PUNK MOTHERFUCKERS THAT'S SHOWIN OUT
NIGGAZ START TO MUMBLE, THEY WANNA RUMBLE
MIX EM AND COOK EM IN A POT LIKE GUMBO
GOIN OFF ON A MOTHERFUCKER LIKE THAT
WITH A GAT THAT'S POINTED AT YO ASS
SO GIVE IT UP SMOOTH
AIN'T NO TELLIN WHEN I'M DOWN FOR A JACK MOVE
HERE'S A MURDER RAP TO KEEP YO DANCIN
WITH A CRIME RECORD LIKE CHARLES MANSON
AK-47 IS THE TOOL
DON'T MAKE ME ACT THE MOTHERFUCKIN FOOL
ME YOU CAN GO TOE TO TOE, NO MAYBE
I'M KNOCKIN NIGGAZ OUT THA BOX, DAILY
YO WEEKLY, MONTHLY AND YEARLY
UNTIL THEM DUMB MOTHERFUCKERS SEE CLEARLY
THAT I'M DOWN WITH THE CAPITAL C-P-T
BOY YOU CAN'T FUCK WITH ME
SO WHEN I'M IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD, YOU BETTER DUCK
COZ ICE CUBE IS CRAZY AS FUCK
AS I LEAVE, BELIEVE I'M STOMPIN

Where do you live now, just out of curiousity

I already live in Los Angeles. I don't mind it much.

Downgrade from Seattle in my opinion because it's too hot and traffic is even worse than it is here. My gf lived there for several years and loved it though so I dunno.

Downgrade. I live in a nicer part of Southern California, now.

Depends on my neighbors, but it looks pretty comfy

I hope you live in the hills

Downgrade massive downgrade.

I guess I’d be space ghost ‘cause I went coast to coast

Downgrade, I live in Montana

I live in East Los Angeles with all the Chinese people.

Lol Montana

Would be a massive downgrade. I like my seaside property without neighbors only miles from a small airport.

Is the food great?

In a nice Victorian house near the Portland (OR) downtown. The funny thing is while I'm close to the downtown and there are restaurants here going to places like the library, grocery store or post office is a pain, it was actually easier in CA.

However it is far more beautiful here.

I could care less about living in the city

Yeah...clearly.

Isn't it CRAZY hot? And I mean fucking insane hot.

lol do you feel bad for me?

Attached: sawtooth mountains.jpg (1224x818, 302K)

Yes. Pretty scenery is great (and your pic is very pretty) but living like that makes people kill themselves. We're a social animal and our health suffers when we're always alone.

Not really an issue because air conditioning is almost everywhere.

It's probably not objectively worse, only different, but I'm a creature of habit and get very irritated by any unwanted change.

This is fucking obscene, not just this picture, I've been there; it's an atrocity. America needs Georgism.

Attached: 1024px-Everybody_works_but_the_vacant_lot_(cropped).jpg (1024x697, 225K)

That's sweet, and as a Norwegian I would say that living by nature is always best. How's the house btw?

What makes you think that I don't have friends and family?

Maybe everyone isn't a Chinese clone, built to exact specifications?

Everything is an upgrade to commieblocks

Not when you go outside tho, am I right or am I right?

City looks like a downgrade but I'd have a home and small yard.

It's a small rancher for me and my gf, we have a spare bedroom for when we have kids though

It's very warm for large parts of the year and it would take getting used to by northern Europeans, but it almost never gets furnace hot because of its coastal location. In fact nowadays it feels like every single German summer has a couple weeks that are as hot as a Los Angeles summer. Last year's highest temperature for my local area was like 38°C or 100°F.

Not all of Montana is like that though. Welker farm boys live near Shelby and it looks like Mars.

gta san andreas?

Yeah San Andreas is 100% Los Angeles. Just like Liberty City is New York and Vice City is Miami.

You're right, eastern Montana is flat nothingness. I live in Western Montana, about 50 miles from Yellowstone

Does the thought of it erupting ever bother you?

No not really i'll be dead instantly and there's no escaping it or surviving underground. I'll go outside and watch it happen

The fact that you like living in Montana.
This is just an uneducated post. Personalities differ but some things are demonstrably bad for you no matter who you are. The same is true of people with nocturnal schedules, even those who like it or are used to it.

Yeah better to die instantly instead of the slow painful death for everyone else.

Is there any counter culture in Montana or are everybody church going farmers?

I go dirt biking and fishing with my friends on the weekends

Attached: dirt bikinf.jpg (960x960, 252K)

Not him, but there are hippies there. Missoula in particular is supposed to be weird. It's a college town.

What are the political attitudes of these Montana dwellers? Are you Jow Forumsesmokers?

Noisy cunts.

Looks like a cool place.

Yeah I agree.

>what do you mean you don't like living in the city? You must be ill! You can not enjoy living in the country, it is biologically impossible!

I didn't say you couldn't enjoy it. I said it was bad for you.

Post your internet speed

Like the other user said, Missoula is a college town full of liberals from the coast. Still a nice place though
Almost everybody here is either libertarian or extremely conservative
I'm sorry Hans, I must be really annoying the whole lot of nothingness around me when I ride in the mountains and desert

If it's safe, a huge upgrade, if it isn't then a downgrade.

>living in a small community is bad for your health

So, never mind the hundreds of millenia where 95% of people lived in small communities?

Massive downgrade, and I live in a poor neighborhood. We just don't have places like this in Canada, I have never seen security bars on a house, not even in the shittiest hoods in this country.

>Portland
lol
youtube.com/watch?v=TZt-pOc3moc

Attached: speed.png (548x666, 28K)

The funny thing is I've lived in neighborhoods that had tons of that stuff and people were paranoid and yet they seemed to have a relatively low crime rate. I've had stuff (including cars) stolen far more often in "nice" neighborhoods.

*by "far more often" I really meant to say ever, first time I encountered this sort of thing was in a "nice" area. I guess it makes sense though, why rob a less nice area?

Crime tends to vary a lot even just block to block, in either "good" or "bad" areas.

>of course it is unhealthy for you to live where you are happy! You should be living were I think you will be happy!

That's way better than I ever expected to see in Montana. How much do you pay for that? Might have to pack my bags

You're an idiot.

My life would end rather quickly, then. I live on a farm next to the woods so living there would be a downgrade in every possible way.

It's expensive, $120/month

Have you ever met an outdoorsman in your life? Do they seem depressed to you?

Not the guy you're responding to but yes, and also unfortunately yes.

>i can apply generalised studies done on american university students, disregard any notion of Gaussian distributions and apply the principles to an individual case, over the internet, based on one pretty picture

We're all stupid compared to your unbridled genius.

downgrade

Attached: 1545054836528.jpg (552x828, 45K)

Damn. It is a lot, but not too crazy. Montana might not be so bad...

Downgrade on the degree celsius?

on sharia laws and camel shagging

I have a nice big /comfy/ villa. I don't want to live in an american city amongst americans. That would be a downgrade.
But a downgrade in temperature would be /comfy/ thou

this is ontario

Attached: li-infrast-people620.jpg (780x439, 74K)

That sounds nice but how is it like living in a desert?

I live in a city though not a desert. It rains like, 5 days a year. And it is too hot to go outside in the summer.

But if the city is built on a desert, then it's a desert, am I right? So you have desert climate? 5 days a year? Holy crap. How hot does it get in the summer? My house is by the sea and I have rain probably at least 150 days per year, and the temperature here during summer averages at 14-15.

I don't consider coastal cities to be desert cities. My city is coastal. In the summer it is usually between 40-50 degrees.

That is uninhabitable.

That is why there are a lot of malls here. During the summer, the only real activities you can do are indoors, with air conditioning and shit.

>40-50 degrees.
That's insane.

Attached: man-on-fire.jpg (635x380, 79K)