Is joining the army a thing for losers in your country or is it seen as positive.?

Is joining the army a thing for losers in your country or is it seen as positive.?

Attached: 117777_original.jpg (500x334, 45K)

Is a thing for terroni

Neither, its seen as a job

it has a slightly nerd loser-y connotation here IMO, most people who join up were those weird cadet kids up here

Military academies are competitive as fuck.

So no, unless youre doing shitty conscript Jobs.

Joining as enlisted personnel: bydlo tier; only for those with no other options (mainly redneck or URM kids with no academic aptitude)

Joining as officer: normal, respectable career tier

Poor and working class people see it as respectable, middle and upper class people pretend to respect it but see it mostly as dumb or at best eccentric

Officers are mostly drawn from the middle class I think. Or at least that was what I observed looking at the kids from my high school class who went to military academies.

If some city dweller wants to call me a loser while I'm living it up in Japan then that's on him lmao.

Don't you have Okinawans to rape, Cletus?

here in Canada, all of our officers are university-educated and are mostly drawn from the middle class

In Brazil there is military worship bigger than in USA. Here soldiers are considered Gods of justice and peace.

It is mandatory because of the conscription. But seriously speaking, yes, I think there's some stigma attached to actually voluntarily going to work for the army, at least in any civilized circles. Maybe less than 10 or 15 years ago, because of all the Russia-related scaremongering and cool "information warfare" propaganda spread by the FDF.

Attached: rk62_2.jpg (1140x760, 414K)

Yeah same here.

depends who you ask

right wing thinks all soldiers are brave heroes who lay down their lives for burgers and will yell at kids for not standing for the pledge and shit like that

left wing might also see it as heroic just to save face like most democrats, but the more left you go the more of a loser you seem

It's mandatory

Attached: images (44).jpg (571x537, 19K)

from this it's easy to tell that there's a distinction between the perception of standing armies that have been historically used more to defend the territorial integrity of the heartland (finland for example) and armies that have historically been used more as imperialist actors abroad (US, Canada)

Joining to the Federal police and National Guard is for corrupted losers. The army is kinda for losers, but at least they're efficient on their own tasks. The Marine is respected.

Low iq manlets mostly, there are exceptions though

Neutral, I guess. Just a life choice as many others.

only retards join the military, and fellow retards love them for it

>a thing for losers in your country or is it seen as positive
Both

HIV positive maybe.

>university-educated
I think you mean state indoctrinated.

It's all one big welfare scam at best. Meat shields for US wars at worst.

Attached: montreal-canada-20-august-2017-2nd-canadian-division-and-joint-task-K3X0H5.jpg (1300x955, 229K)

>If only you knew how bad things really are

Attached: Untitled.jpg (357x426, 25K)

my country’s army had advertisements on the PlayStation Store a short while ago, using cinematic shots of soldiers moving in tactical positions and shooting around corners and ordering air strikes in some middle-eastern residential neighborhood, and it all ended with the slogan “WARRIORS WANTED”.

Warriors? More like pawns, either extremely desperate people, or heartless psychopaths. My big brother was an example of the latter.

He was obsessed with guns and Call of Duty, had extreme disdain for arabs and muslims to the point of refering him as “ragheads”, and if my dad was saying the truth, he was also watching the live-feed of the Invasion of Baghdad while eating snacks. That’s what made him join the army when he became of age, even bragged to me about how many “ragheads” he killed the second time he returned home when I made it clear I hated him for joining the army. He did return a third time, but in a casket.

In order to not be scrutinized by my relatives, I pretended to be mournful at his funeral. Mom believed the act and thought I was genuinely sad at my brother’s passing.

Honestly? I’m glad he’s dead, and I hope he rots in hell.

Attached: 836FA7DA-0FE6-4B83-AADC-C0509344AB14.gif (360x360, 2.99M)

we literally dont care

It not like you have a choice because of conscription.
Lately, because of all the stuff between West and Russia, military service is in general more popular when it ever was.

Soldier to sargent: pays shit, you a loser choice, but a poor people choise. Somewhat respected.

Oficials: kinda decent jobs thousands try to join, kinda works like a good college

Conscription is seen as pretty positive, like a rite of passage (even though very few are accepted to do it). Actually joining the army as a profession (unless you are an officer) is seen as pretty much adult daycare as far as I can tell (and to be honest, it pretty much is since we have zero actual use for an army other than the fact that you must have one not to get fucked up the ass, we never actually use it for anythign other than token peacekeeping missions that help nobody)

Here It depends in your political views

Attached: 6fce7c1041bcd7b074be8dccbe9ef22f--corpus-christi-toledo_1.jpg (736x1099, 408K)

welp you getting bonesaw for this post.

>you a loser choice
not a loser choice*

conscription: seen as good to make boys behave

>had extreme disdain for arabs and muslims to the point of refering him as “ragheads”

But... you are arabs?

>slightly nerd
Nobody thinks you are a nerd for joining the armed forces in canada. They think you are mouthbreathing hick or an inner city waste of space. Which is accurate.

He's probably an American who works in KSA as a contractor/consultant of some sort.

It ranges from losers doing loser jobs to doing cool shit/learning something useful. It's kind if like college in a way you can piss away 4 years or you can learn something.

>middle and upper class people pretend to respect it but see it mostly as dumb or at best eccentric
That must be why so many of the former join and the later go to military colleges.

Die for your sultan.

Kek

Redpilled

enlisted = just another job

officer = if your daddy weren't a colonel or general prepare to suck a lot of dick

shit, it's comfy