Someone told me Brazil was all flat. Is this true?

Someone told me Brazil was all flat. Is this true?

Attached: sssssssssss.png (1024x1072, 1.99M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FQ2jmrz_xgU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, but we have no mountains. However there is a huge chain of hills that goes along most of the Eastern coast, as you can see in your picture.

Attached: Ouro-Preto-Capa-1.jpg (1500x785, 253K)

Whats inner Brazil like, not on the coast?

How inner? A lot of people live in a strip a few hours away from the beach. In the South you have some fairly flat fields (the Pampas). In the Southeast there's a lot of hills as far as the eye can see. In the middle there's a large plateau and savannah-like environments around where Brasilia is located, and to the Southwest from there you will find wetlands. Then to the North there's the Amazon and in the Northeast behind the first immediate coastal hills there's a semi-arid region succeptible to severe droughts.

That's good. I heard the Brasilia soil really sucks.

There are a lot of cattle ranchers and soylords in the West Central area, but I don't know about the immediate area near Brasília.

Where/How did the Portuguese originally settle in Brazil?

Northeast, the part of the landmass that sticks out the most into the ocean. From there colonization proceeded further west and northwest, and not that many people went to the southern areas until gold was then found in Minas, (the area between Rio and Brasilia) and the capital was moved to Rio de Janeiro because Fortaleza was too exposed.

They started in the Northeast, which is why it is the region fragmented into the most small states (just like the American Northeast), and later started colonizing the Southeast more heavily. The countryside was only explored and settled much later and in a smaller scale, and the South had a very low population density until after independence.

Now the south seems like the most important part of Brazil.

No, the Southeast has the most population and biggest economy.

That looks like a lovely place to live desu

Sorry yeah, I meant the Southeast. What's the story on the founding of Sao Paulo? Why is it more inland?

The colonial towns are the best part of Brazil, t.b.h.

To think that the entire country used to look like this once and now it is what it is.

Attached: Conjunto_histórico_-_casarões_-_Tiradentes_-_MG.jpg (1280x853, 454K)

São Paulo was a weird backwater part where the people spoke a pidgin language of Portuguese and Tupi, the city was really tiny as well. But it was from there that many exploratory incursions inland were made (known as "bandeiras"). In the XIX century, coffee became a huge thing in the whole state of SP and it was a massive economic boom, and add to that how the Port of Santos was the main entry of immigrants into Brazil, then the population boomed like crazy, the actual city of São Paulo is just an hour away from Santos too and being the capital automatically made it attractive after the development of São Paulo as a region was more consolidated.

IIRC São Paulo was built where two or three rivers that went way into the interior of the country met, So things could be easily shipped from the countryside by boats to that hub, and from there to the port of Santos.

youtube.com/watch?v=FQ2jmrz_xgU

Wtf brazil is European now?

/comfy/

its impossible for you to not pop a boner whilst looking at these houses

Uruguay is even more European, full with white people and architecture like in Germany and the Netherlands.

I'd double check the isolation at the basement, too much water can make these houses shift at an angle that will crack the walls.

Most of South America is like that.