There is literally a single man and woman that we're all descended from directly

>there is literally a single man and woman that we're all descended from directly

Does this mean religitards are right since Adam and Eve existed, in a way?

Attached: t6k3okp8jvf11.jpg (1600x900, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adam
youtube.com/watch?v=pp3H7KEu0_o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_bottleneck#Humans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can't generate an entire species only with one male and one female.
If you find, let's say, the last couple of a super endangered species of tigers, a male and a female, that species is completely and definitely considered extinct by all means.

I mean of course. There's evidence of modern humans from a hundred thousand years before that woman in question lived, but mitochondrial evidence shows all humans are descended from that woman directly.

Not strictly, if the animals can have enough children then even a completely inbred species can continue on. It's a genetic disaster and takes a long time to select out all the problems this causes though. It's happened to animals like cheetahs and european bisons.

>but mitochondrial evidence shows all humans are descended from that woman directly.
Source?
So you mean i've been fucking my distant cousins this entire time?

Nah, Mitochondrial Eve and Y-Chromosomal Adam are not real people, but a bunch of statistical data from many genetic analysis on African populations.

Everything has to have some kind of focal point. Whether you want to think about it in a religious way, purely scientific or the more rational centrist perspective is irrelevant. You can’t have multiple of anything without first something one of something unless they are somehow made at the same time but even Adam and Eve were made one after another.

>Source?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adam

>Nah, Mitochondrial Eve and Y-Chromosomal Adam are not real people, but a bunch of statistical data from many genetic analysis on African populations.
Nah mate, we can trace that data back to a single source or individual
>but even Adam and Eve were made one after another
More specifically what we consider to be adam (ancestor of all people) came 70k years after eve

the statistical data finds a pattern and that pattern is assumed to have belonged to a single ancestor

>yfw Prometheus actually stole fire from the Gods
woah

I was talking about the biblical version of the pair myself but yes the whole idea of evolution whether it begins at a unicellular organizm or simple animal level works in the fashion that there needs to be some original example of the specimen in question.

there was cases of species that were stranded on islands and just went full inbred and populated it... just think about britain
youtube.com/watch?v=pp3H7KEu0_o

If two people take a DNA test can we find a common ancestor or would we actually have to search records if they even exist? I wonder this sometimes when I see people of my race just exactly where or common ancestor is. I would bet that two white people living in the Midwest wouldn't have to look very far back to find it.

A species need genetic variability to increase its fitness, an endogamic population results in a inbreeding depression. Lack of variability expose that species to many deleterious traits and also to be completely wiped out by contact with a new pathogen or a small change in the environment.

Attached: images (80).jpg (640x480, 29K)

>you ancestors had sex

not really.

the anthropological adam and eve are two distinct individuals who were separated by at least a million years. They never mated.

Also, Genghis Khan is kind of the Adam for half of humanity, as he fucked a lot of offspring who's progeny are alive today.

humans are heavily inbread.. as there was a population bottleneck possibly during an ice age or the purpoted "toba catastophy".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_bottleneck#Humans

this

top kek

What about sentinel islands?

top of the crop.