Why do Americans glorify Vikings, while Europeans hate them because they were savages?

Why do Americans glorify Vikings, while Europeans hate them because they were savages?

Attached: 1522284436332.png (970x545, 884K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hSWeZM_qbmQ
sciencemag.org/news/2017/08/greeks-really-do-have-near-mythical-origins-ancient-dna-reveals
youtube.com/watch?v=Lk6INoSJ4f0
youtube.com/watch?v=ik3pwN1IDvM
svenskanamn.alltforforaldrar.se/visa/Viking
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>implying

Yuropoors do it too. Just look at the amount of "Viking Metal" bands.

They're interesting characters and make for good tv shows

>"Viking Metal" bands.
All Nordic.

What's interesting about blond Somalis?

americans dont know shit about vikings

You answered your own question pal

Yeah i wonder who's behind those bands

Attached: metal-bands.jpg (1300x1300, 348K)

Not all

they sailed around in their fancy rowboats and pillaged shit.

savage better than civilization, you could do anything you want if you was strong and smart enough, but now government is very strong, so police throw you in jail

I think both hyping them as some sort of super humans and reducing them to marauders is brainlet tier. They were just normal people looking for fortune or a new life abroad, were mainly very successful colonists, and ALL armies raided to sustain themselves until very late in European history.

Because they are fat and retarded

That doesn't sound interesting to me.

HBO runs this regional ad in YouTube with this American dude.
youtu.be/hSWeZM_qbmQ

Vikings were neither strong nor smart. They just made everything worse for everyone including themselves.
They were like Turks today.

well then you shouldn't find native Americans interesting either, yet wild west movies are awesome

Americans love anything European, not just Vikings, look at Rome or 300

Native Americans aren't interesting.

i disagree

Are you retarded? Most Europeans glorify them as well and rightfully so.

Prepare to cringe

Attached: he wuz.webm (1280x720, 2.7M)

I've seen that one. I think it's funny.

that looks like satire to me

it's funny

>they stole stuff
>their helmets didnt have horns
that's basically all i knew about them before i came to int

Americ*Ns are savages too

Attached: 1536785837456.png (1200x1200, 54K)

cringe

No it's an actual ad for 23andme

vikings are cool. wtf you talking bout

who cares where it's from

No it's an as for Vikings. The HBO series

What's cool about them?

all the raping and pillaging i suppose

Well I Scandinavia they're extremely popular. Only Swedes have recently began to disassociate themselves from this historical period.
If this is all you knew about Vikings than you are not very well educated. I'm culturally and genetically even further away from Scandinavia than you and I know a lot more.

Swords

Europeans look down on these crimes.

>ᛁᛆ:ᛁᛆᚵ:ᛅᚱ:ᚾᚬᚱᛏᛁᛋᚴ:ᚡᚬᚱᛏᛆᚾ:ᚡᛁᛋᛏᛅ:ᛏᚢ:ᛏᛅ?

Attached: 1552497946178.jpg (633x711, 68K)

The same reason why cossacks are cool

Attached: cossack.jpg (770x437, 72K)

I would be ashamed too if I was a descendant of savages. It's natural for an advanced society to become more Greek.

Why do we call the whole world's attention to the fact that we have no past? It isn't enough that the Romans were erecting great buildings when our forefathers were still living in mud huts; now Himmler is starting to dig up these villages of mud huts and enthusing over every potsherd and stone axe he finds. All we prove by that is that we were still throwing stone hatchets and crouching around open fires when Greece and Rome had already reached the highest stage of culture. We really should do our best to keep quiet about this past. Instead Himmler makes a great fuss about it all. The present-day Romans must be having a laugh at these relegations.
—Adolf Hitler

says a kraut

So? They can still be cool.
Nazis are cool too.

Woooaaaaaaaooow. Imagine being this deluded. Are you gonna deny all the raping and stealing in war that happened throughout almost all of European history by literally everyone?

Attached: 1551797179534.png (500x333, 17K)

What's special about Viking swords?

pic related
ancient Greek sword with unique shape

Attached: sword.png (600x405, 178K)

based

literally who

I am a Greek

Nobody likes Nazis. Here in Germany we hate them.

Axes.

Shields

I am greek

We were all savages at some point you retard. Everyone is descendent of savages. And honestly there is something endearing about savages, especially for oversocialized people like ourselves. Don't you sometimes dream of not having to care at all about social norms, to be on a boat with your comrades towards the unkown, to discover new land and get 10+ sex slaves?!

Das rite

>im greek
yet you speak for europeans

in france vikings are considered as lowlife trash, they do not integrate, they are thiefs and murderers. stay in your fucking countries

I think that Nazis are cool in their own way aswell. Imagine being a north African villager and watching these mechanical beasts roaming across the land

Attached: tigers in africa.jpg (1000x750, 209K)

Here we go again. There were no Swedish vikings dude.

>Nobody likes Nazis
Then why do people collect nazi memorabilia?

>Don't you sometimes dream of not having to care at all about social norms, to be on a boat with your comrades towards the unkown, to discover new land and get 10+ sex slaves?!
no

Who's more European than a Greek?

Here we go again. We were Vikings, we just raided Slavic, Baltic and finnish tribes and traded with Byzantium instead.

I don't know, the weapons of WW1 and WW2 were extremely ugly and looked childish.

Arabs are still amazed by the white mans technology because their countries are backward.

You must be a very fun person to be around with lmao

Because you're a cuck to society and is too much of a comfy faggot to dare and step outside your little box.

I don't know anyone who does and I'm sure most of them keep it for themselves or show them in Nazi gatherings.

Some people glorify them too, it's pretty cringe when you think about it for more than a second.
And people act like if vikings where some sort of incredible army when they were armed savages that attacked the peasantry.

Vikings weren't neither strong nor smart, some few may have been decent commanders, but most of them weren't, and they weren't strong definetily when they specialized in attacking defendless monks and peasants.

>rightfully so
Y I K E S

Cossacks are more interesting and they aren't talked about because they didn't interact with England so the anglo cultural sphere ignore them, cossacks lived real strugle against more powerful enemies, fighting the Commonwealth, tatars and turks for your independence is much more glorious than fighting against petty kingdoms in England in order to get some loot.
Also the cossacks are like 100 times cooler.

We don't hate them.

Don't you know: Hey hey Vicky. Hey Vicky hey.

The ancient Greeks are genetically more similar to modern Western Europeans than to modern Greeks. Modern Greeks are basically Turks.

>Some people glorify them too
Some people here glorify them too

Retard

>raided Slavic, Baltic and finnish tribes
Source?
>traded
Lmao

You have this typical north European mindset similar to that in Japan. People get drunk and loose at the weekends to forget about their boring life. On top of that the Japanese have anime where they can associate with the hero who lives an interesting life.

this was just a cartoon

sciencemag.org/news/2017/08/greeks-really-do-have-near-mythical-origins-ancient-dna-reveals

If you look at Greek history, you will notice that they were always wealthy and powerful. Even today. They just aren't at the top anymore.

Europeans value intellectuals more highly I think, and tend to know more history, so they like the Romans more.
Mutts are obsessed with whiteness and physical prowess, so muhh vikings fits them well.

Shows how much you know about Vikings
>Look at ikibey thinking he knows how life is here.
People go and party on the weekends and that is coupled with drinking. Only Finns do cynical drinking.

Attached: trade_map.gif (493x387, 18K)

First off you erroneously presume that your contemporary moral system is objectively true, which it is not.
As I said before, the endearing thing about vikings is that they are a total contrast to modern life. In todays society we are not autonomous. Change is imposed on us by the system and we miss the power-process and try to cope with meaningless surrogate activities. On the other hand, vikings were autonomous and instead of having change imposed on them they could impose change on the world and live like they desired to.

You are beyond retarded if you think that populations can't change radically over thousands of years.

Smash yourself against the wall, you little mountain jew

The weapons of ww2 are interesting as fuck. propeller planes in the late war were all basically muscle cars in the sky with massive engines cranking out insane horsepower. Later in the war they experimented with superchargers and turbos to make them faster.
youtube.com/watch?v=Lk6INoSJ4f0

Just for fun I looked at GDP per capita in 1830 and they were a shithole back then too. And no, Greece isn't powerful today. You are a shithole and an embarrassment to all of Europe. Just looked at IQ statistics too and you are in the low 90s. In my view you shouldn't even be considered European.

DAS RITE
One of my favorite Spanish expressions is "beber como un cosaco" (to drink like a cossack)

Attached: game07_screen.jpg (720x540, 165K)

I never drink alcohol. However, I do dare to think outside the moral borders that our dying society has drawn for us. If you want to feel liberated for a moment than I strongly suggest that you try to question the moral system that was imposed by you.

*imposed to you

Greece gained independence in 1830.

You must be realistic though. Millions of humans all around the world visit Greece and Greece is more powerful than most countries in Europe/world.

>greece is more powerful than most countries
topkek

I'm happy with it and want to be a productive white member of society.

youtube.com/watch?v=ik3pwN1IDvM

Attached: me13.jpg (958x1280, 336K)

Many people don't know that Greece is a powerful country.

A true productive member will find flaws in the current moral system and point them out to save the system from collapse.

Honestly a bit tired of the massive amounts of Vikings and Viking accessories in recent popular culture.
They were first and foremost traders and explorers, then they were murderers and rapists. English monks twisted their history.

It's a regional power and that's it

1/16th viking here (great great grandfather was from yorkshire), how do you all do my nordic brothers?

>not a viking here.
there.fixed it

Greeece is almost perfect and it's the non-Greeks who want to cause the collapse.

Better than being a non-country like half of Europe.

Attached: Europe.png (1000x811, 205K)

Nordics glorify vikings a lot too. Viking is even a somewhat popular first name in Norway and Sweden, I don't know about Denmark.

>""yorkshire""
You mean Jórvik, my NÅRTHERN brǿther?

austria pls, you have no idea what you're talking about

>Viking is even a somewhat popular first name in Norway and Sweden
Horseshit. I haven't seen or heard about a single person named "Viking".

>Viking is even a somewhat popular first name in Norway and Sweden
Du vad?

oh yeah of course, typo lol, SKOL

svenskanamn.alltforforaldrar.se/visa/Viking
As you can see it's somewhat popular here. I thought it was in Norway too. Just in the year 2012 almost 300 boys were given the name Viking in Sweden

God, isn't this cringe?

t. country that was founded by swedish vikings

There are currently almost 5000 men with the first name "Viking" in Sweden.