Do you think India would be a kind superpower? Genuine question. I never hear of any major human rights violations...

Do you think India would be a kind superpower? Genuine question. I never hear of any major human rights violations, scandals, etc. like you do with China and the United States.

Attached: 263D9A7B-C100-47B3-827C-6BABF0F6EE4C.png (1350x900, 37K)

>you never hear major human right violation
because this country is a human right violation...

Would they nukes all the muslims?

why entertain this idea? do you think they will ever be a superpower? no they will not. WHy not? because indian people are not capable of it.

dunno much about their leaders, but we hear a ton of gang rape stories and the accepted ways they treat women

Hey Riddle me this
Why does Pakistan still exist when there are Indian muslims

Why does Singapore still exist when there are Chinese Malaysians

>do you think they will ever be a superpower?

They will benign but this doesn't mean that India will suck up to the Western world for being the world's biggest democracy, more the opposite. Much like China with its century of humiliation Indians in general have a staunch anti-colonialist mentality and will thus reject any form of Western meddling. In India and the rest of the world, too. There also is the issue of India's alignment with anti-Western powers that has been grand-fathered by the cold war.

Why does Chicanos exist when there are mexicans

It seems to me that they're too incompetent to actually persecute someone

With India’s resources and manpower they definitely will become a major power, or at least a rival to China. The problem is they HAVE to take it slow and develop properly or they’ll collapse in on themselves, this is the problem China faces.

Brazil has better chance of being a superpower.
India doesn't have the vast amounts of resources that Russia/US/Brazil has. It also doesn't have a high IQ population that China does either.

Pakistan was created as a buffer between India and Iran (who supplied Britain with oil). It also broke up Punjab and Bengal, so that Nehru and his home state of UP can dominate Indian Politics

I see I see
I asked the same question in /his/ where someone made a thread asking why Pakis and Indians hate each other and someone mentioned that they're just low class converts

>The problem is they HAVE to take it slow and develop properly or they’ll collapse in on themselves
None of the asian tiger economies faces this "problem". In fact India will faces a bigger threat of collapse that China, because of its slow jobless GDP growth.

well, this is an interesting question and i asked my history teacher about it once

well, you see, muslims are scattered all over south asia, here's a map.

now, the bulwark of Indo-Islamic culture is centered around Delhi, the reason being that the Mughal Empire and the Delhi Sultanate, the two major Muslim empires in Indian history always kept Delhi under their control. Southern and Eastern states would often breakaway in rebellion, but Delhi, Agra, Faziabad were under 100% Muslim control always. This is also the reason why Delhi appears like a very Muslim city from the architecture, but I digress.

and so did Urdu, a Persianized dialect of Hindustani, the language of the commoners around Delhi develop around this region. This meant that the majority of Muslim poets, artists, ministers, and eventually military leaders and politicians came from this area.

so you have a politically aware Muslim minority amidst a Hindu population, what do they do? ask for a separate country.

now the parts of India which were fully Islamized were Bengal and the Northwestern territories, the reason being that the NW territories fell to Arabs long ago and got Islamized along with Persia and Bengal because the Bengal Sultanate had a Islamification doctrine (which the Mughal Empire couldn't or didn't enforce due to the rebellion they underwent across India).

so after a meeting between the Indian Congress and the Indian Muslim League, the line is decided on the basis of Muslim populations across the country. but nobody realizes that the majority of those who wanted a separate country were within the "Hindu" parts of India (see above), the actual Pakistanis didn't even bother back then. so now you have this huge migration of muslims from the Indian countryside to the new Pakistan, but only within a few weeks of independence, both India and Pakistan start up a war and the border is closed, forever. trapping Indian Muslims and Pakistani Hindus on each side.

You have to remember
India liberalised their economy at a later year than China which did it 20 years earlier

I think the caste is too big a problem

forgot map

Attached: CGBWAp0UUAAY4g3.png (600x555, 265K)

/his/ is absolutely useless when it comes to non-western topics. Indian-Pakistan conflict has more to do with geopolitics than religion. Although religious division is used as the means for justifying the split.

Not necessarily. its more like 10 year difference. China officially "liberalized" their economy in 1979, but actual reforms needed for growth weren't seen till late 80's early 90's, which also when India started its reforms

??

India 'liberalized" it's economy in 1991, and much of the reforms are generating their effect post 2010.

Indian labour regulations are still very strict, which means companies would rather go to a sweatshop in Vietnam than move into India.

Is this supposed to be bad?

I don't think they'll become a superpower at all. They have the most retarded government I've ever seen.

i think we already have a superpower with a retarded government...

>but only within a few weeks of independence, both India and Pakistan start up a war and the border is closed, forever.
You mean the 1st India-Pakistan War over Kashmir?
To be honest war would've been unavoidable one way or amother since part of the Independence deal would've meant that the princely states either join Pakistan or India or be their own thing which in hindsight would never work since they'd be under pressure by both sides.The Maharajah had no choice since he was defenceless against his Muslim Subjects who rebelled so he signed the ascession to India in return for support iirc
Not really useless in a sense where shitflingings happen 24/7.The thread sprung up on the eve of the India-Pakistan plane thing and an user actually gave out a clear cut explanation as to how it boiled down to now

Probably the only comment that sums up Indian mentality.

That actually is not a problem. Its illegal by law and there is too much affirmative action for the low caste (~50%). Caste is not an issue.

Based Pajeet