Y'all

>y'all

why won't english speakers invent some real word for plural "you"?

Attached: 1550070488919.png (645x773, 11K)

low iq

Something like "yous" am I right

You is plural.

piss off yankee

Attached: wallace.jpg (2000x1333, 325K)

If a girl stands in a group of guys and you look her into they eyes and ask her "can I fuck you in the ass?". How can the group be sure you don't want to fuck all of them in the ass?

In croatian the word for reffering to multiple yous is the same as when you are talking to someone with respect (vi). It can get pretty weird when youre trying to talk shit to a group of people

Context - like eye contact and conversation flow.
This is why Germans are bad at English, you're too autistic.

Y'all is a high iq word, the only people who dont like it are racists (low iq people) because black people use it.

>you
>refers to unknown number of people of unknown gender

>linguistics depends on eye contact and “conversation flow”
Very low iq post

can I fuck thee in the ass?

Attached: bcENk42.jpg (650x522, 114K)

it was the same in polish for hundreds of years, but it's archaic now
singular "you" is "ty" but if you spoke to someone that wasn't your friend, you said "wy", and talked in plural form in general

Same in lithuanian actually. "Jūs" is a plural "you" and a polite way to address one person.

Never reply to me again

Attached: 8db.png (919x737, 54K)

So you just say ti for everyone now?
In Slovene, we have the ti-vi distinction but also an archaic form where you refer to a person in the third person. It's only used by a few old people these days, though.

Yous a a digusting bogan word. Almost as gross as y'all.
I mean who says y'all? Trailer trash and condescending left wing people.

same in old english (Thou for one person, Ye for multiple people)

you say "ty" to everyone now, as long as you know each other
if you want to talk with respect, you just use the mr/mrs or other title, like priest or professor
young people always talk to each other with "ty", even if they don't know each other, because they obviously won't call each other mister

But what about the verbs you use when talking to someone you would call mister, are they in singular or plural?

singular
also you use the third person form when talking to someone with respect
for example if you wanted to ask someone adult if he's hungry
"czy jest pan głodny?"
literally translated to
"is mister hungry?"

here in backwards land pittsburgh we say yins

i should add that calling someone directly, in the second person form is always reserved for people you know, even in plural
if you want to adress many adults, you still need to use the third person form and call them "państwo" which can be translated to "ladies and gentlemen"

nice i'm learning something, we do the same in french, plurial for strangers and third person for really really polite speech

ew

>vuestras mercedes

Outside of elderly ladies who use it to refer to their parents or to the local priest, third person is something you would use ironically (not the stupid internet kind, mind you). I mainly associate it with medieval serfs referring to their feudal lord, it just has that kind of sound to it.