Which is the most neutral English accent?

Which is the most neutral English accent?

Attached: should-i-learn-american-or-british-english.jpg (460x259, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HpVhSx0fZwM
bbc.com/pidgin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_American#Regional_origins
youtu.be/_I6-Q-mTLu4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Colbert
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably New Zealand I dont think we even really have an accent

By definition it's the British one

Burgers according to ESLs. Specifically the northeast outside of Boston/New York

There's no such thing, and outside of a few meme accents in the British Isles, it's all more-or-less mutually intelligible.

Australian

Probably the type of english that Buzzfeed videomakers speak.

cockney

Transatlantic probably, if neutral means between British and American English but it's dead.

for me it's ulster

this youtube.com/watch?v=HpVhSx0fZwM

You've never heard 1st generation Africans speak bbc.com/pidgin then.

Good riddance. That autismal bullshit makes it virtually impossible to study how AmE changed over time.

Queen's
fuck anything else

I thought about studying it unironically for some time but then I realized people would just associate it with old movies.

You couod totally do that though and people would think you are charming and nerdy

Most Americans associate the british accent with Reeves the butler and the Queen

Central Ohio tbqh, just listen to it. It's the clearest, most bland form of English

I don't know, I hear clear american accents like california valley girl, southerner, black English, New York accent, but there's some kind of neutral English that I don't even know where it is supposed to be from.

The BBC bong accent is the easiest to understand for me.

ey, I'm workin ere!

not too posh RP

there is just Standard North American English which runs from Canada throughout USA. even in places where there are distinct local patois like the deep south and New York lots of people use the standard dialect

It's called General American

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_American#Regional_origins

this guy is right

The best English is my English. Simple as.

It doesn't actually exist. It's an imaginary standard that we try to dial our accents towards in mixed company, but subtle regional differences will remain.

youtu.be/_I6-Q-mTLu4

Like the way of how Lauren Southern speaks. Sounds cool and easy to understand.

Of course there are always are regional differences but setting this impossible reductionist standard just means that languages and dialects don't exist in the first place and that every human being uses an individual idiolect.

>neededing to consciously mind your accent while around 'country'men from different regions
if you need to do this in your cunt you're not a cunt

How does it sound

Amazing hope you fail at sounding elitist and just come off as retarded

RP with Rs like Americans

It's subconscious, m8. Does Australia even have more than 2 (white) accents?

*How

Phone posting sorry about it

I don't think RP existed in the 1600s, but the American rhotic "R" sound used to be the standard in English, which is why we retained it.

Yeah but only like three.

Can’t stand non-rhotic English accents in native speakers and it’s impossible to understand when ESLs use it, so for me, it’s the Californian accent

theres inner city Americanised nasal and country bogan and everybodies somewhere on the scale in between those 2 depending on education/class/state/urbanness

R A R E

R A R E

most similar to american on the british isles, probably due to the number of scots-irish immigrants to the new world

This, regional accents are a spook. Only national accents exist. Foreigners usually can't tell where an accent is from beyond the country. There has to be a cut off point for accents somewhere, otherwise you could say there are 7 billion accents since everyone's voice is unique

Fuck off indo cunt gib western Guinea back.

Thanks for the free (You) gentlemen

Ding ding ding. This guy got it right. Hibernian English in general shares many characteristic features of both American and Standard British English.

Makes sense, 60% of the culture here is from Ulster Scots

In the future Aussie English will lose its uniqueness just like Canadian English did.

Say it with me: MOMMY!

might be right actually

You’re quite welcome, sir

->

Not the same thing

not an argument

I don't argue with retards.

Honestly probably not, distance from Yankistan will keep things pretty unique from Burgertown.

Plus the amount of slang that Aussies have incorporated into the language isnt going anywhere simply because we are lazy as fuck.

t. rural retard

>As a child, Colbert observed that Southerners were often depicted as being less intelligent than other characters on scripted television; to avoid that stereotype, he taught himself to imitate the speech of American news anchors

Pretty sad, as a fucking child.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Colbert

Irish accents are trash.
What does that have to do with my post

Remember when he used to be funny and was actually enjoyable to watch. Man fuck nu-Colbert.

Based Hollywood. Suthern Ayuksints are a meme.

>accent is seen as extremely basic
>seen as annoying because it's everywhere
I just want some rare, unintelligible accent.

Attached: 1551327179592.jpg (640x639, 41K)

Australian-American hybrid accents are the most disgusting sounding to mankind
I dunno wherever i go i have an accent because ive got a full Queensland strong rural accent mixed with random bits of South African, and also i mumble and talk fast. Foreigners don't stand a chance.

Attached: 1552161081535.jpg (900x900, 40K)

Did white Rhodesians sound like Saffers?

yeah you can't really tell them apart by accent

You stationed there, or is it for work?

you do and its cute

>FUSH AND CHUPS

Work mate, wake up every morning not knowing what is going to happen. Honestly a beautiful country just can get real violent real quick. It honestly the new wild west.

A Yorkshireman is the default human being.

Stup a meet frum druving drunk? Leeeeeeegund...

Well no, they have a british accent.
I'd say south africans are the most articulate.

US english because it is most widely spoken. From here the midwestern "accent" is pretty neutral

Do the Afrikaners and the Anglos have distinct accents, or do they run together?

Stay safe man

Afrikaneers have a distinct accents. The few who have a British descent speak an english from a long time ago. Like French Canadians speaking a 19th century french.
Somehow they kept the prononciation.

Thanks family, keeping a low profile and carrying so I'm alright. Stay safe yourself.

>Which is the most neutral English accent?
Swiss English accent is pretty neutral.

probably the rare occurrence of a Murrican from Massacusetts or so who properly speaks English without any grammar mistakes (which is triggering me hard)

No, and your based and bribepilled government doesn’t want an independent West Papua either

finland has best english in europe