Are Portuguese and Spanish people who originate from andalusia, Arabs?

Are Portuguese and Spanish people who originate from andalusia, Arabs?

Attached: Map_Iberian_Peninsula_1000-es.svg.png (1200x833, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsion_of_the_Moriscos
science.sciencemag.org/content/363/6432/1230
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

unless they converted to christianity vast majority of muslims gtfo of iberia

They were expelled, though it's worth mentioning that the average iberian has some 5-10% NA dna

>unless they converted to christianity vast majority of muslims
those who were converted were expelled in 1614, we were criticized internationally for that .
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsion_of_the_Moriscos

the majority of muslims who came to iberia were mostly of north african descent with arabic higher class, same as the ruler's of al andalus and it;s taifas, arab rulership/nobilety, berber soldier/barons, converts and christian subjects

That would imply they were invaded by arabs rather than mostly being invaded by north africans.

A major paper on Iberian genetic history just published literally today can answer your questions
>science.sciencemag.org/content/363/6432/1230
>Our Copper Age dataset includes a newly re-ported male (I4246) from Camino de las Yeseras(14) in central Iberia, radiocarbon dated to2473–2030 calibrated years BCE, who clusters with modern and ancient North Africans in the PCA and, like ~3000 BCE Moroccans (8), can be well modeled as having ancestry from both Late Pleistocene North Africans(15)and Early Neolithic Europeans (tables S9 and S10)

>Our genetic evidence of sporadic contacts with North Africa during the Copper Age fits with the presence of African ivory at Iberian sites (16) and is further supported by a Bronze Age individual (I7162) from Loma del Puerco in southern Iberia who had 25% ancestry related to individuals like I4246 (Fig. 1D and table S16). However, these early movements from North Africa had a limited impact on Copper and Bronze Age Iberians, as North African ancestry only became widespread in the past ~2000 years.

>Gene flow from North Africa continued into the Muslim period, as is clear from Muslim burials with elevated NorthAfrican and sub-Saharan African ancestry (Fig.2D, fig. S4, and table S22) and from uniparental markers typical of North Africa not present among pre-Islamic individuals. Present-day populations from southern Iberia harbor less North African ancestry(25) than the ancient Muslim burials, plausibly reflecting expulsion of moriscos (former Muslims converted to Christianity) and repopulation from the north, as supported by historical sources and genetic analysis of present-day groups (25). The impact of Muslim rule is also evident in northeast Iberia in seven individuals from Sant Julià de Ramis from the 8th to12th centuries CE who, unlike previous ancient individuals from the same region, show North African–related ancestry (Fig. 2C and table S19)and a complete overlap in PCA with present-day Iberians (Fig. 1D).

Are you an ignorant Asturian Schizo obsessed with Andalusia?. Yes
And you look like a mongoloid btw

Arabs were the ruling class there but yes they were a very small minority consisting of Banu Kalb and Qays tribes. If Iberians are mixed then it's with Berbers.

I am basque my arab friend, nothing wrong with the berber and arab peoples, but you guys aren't iberian haha :D enjoy life my friend

These are people from seville. Just gonna leave it here.

Attached: BE95755D-B65B-40AA-84D2-B69C00322BD3.jpg (800x600, 187K)

literally berber peoples by and large especially the bottom left women and top right men.

>2/50 browns
Say it with me. WHITER THAN YOU, CLETUS.

top left men*

genetically, yes

How can a nation be more historically based than spain?

>and from uniparental markers typical of North Africa not present among pre-Islamic individuals.
Does this mean Iberians would be white today if it wasn't for the Islamic invasion?

Just fucking kill yourself

Why are you reacting this way?

no ancient iberians were described as being curly haired and swarthy

if they were still islamic and arabic-speaking today y'all would question whether they are true arabs

Attached: 1538175657169.png (776x590, 447K)

no one would question if south italians and andalusians were southroons

we wuz arabs and shiet ma nigga