Does the way Hitler spoke sound unique to a German, or is this just the way Germans sound when they are shouting?

Does the way Hitler spoke sound unique to a German, or is this just the way Germans sound when they are shouting?

Attached: ball.png (310x249, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ClR9tcpKZec
youtube.com/watch?v=zLvL7a8Y0pI
youtube.com/watch?v=P1Mu_e2RO1I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heights_of_presidents_and_presidential_candidates_of_the_United_States
youtube.com/watch?v=E77zORCCB3w
youtube.com/watch?v=BLT-SQUBRDw
youtube.com/watch?v=GW8acLgObHM
youtube.com/watch?v=wA2sJn49HS8
youtube.com/watch?v=Fr_lDpROdug
youtube.com/watch?v=1BBkFacaBHY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volksverhetzung
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He put on a show, it's weird plus about a hundred years old now

a hundred years old now because it's become an outdated sounding accent?
or a hundred years old now because you're trying to distance yourself from him?

A hundred years because he didn't just pick up contemporary German in the 1940s you know. He was also Austrian, so it's odd anyway.

Syntax. Normal German is straighline and dry but he put on twists like you can do in French or Hungarian.

He is very hard to understand but that might have to do with the old recordings and his constant shouting. Its very destinct and doesn't really sound like a typical austrian accent to me. I bet most germans could do a Hitler impression with a lot of shouting, growling and some weird inflections and everyone would know what its supposed to be.

Bullshit. He is easy to understand. The constant shouting is a bit of a meme, hed did it often but there are enough speeches where its more calm.

I don't know what to tell you, his more famous speeches (which are very shouty) are hard to understand with just a single hearing and no transcript. Maybe thats just me.

>Maybe thats just me.
I've heard that his accent was very rural and gruff?

>what is brandrede
youtube.com/watch?v=ClR9tcpKZec

it has been a while since I read something this wrong

English has a fixed syntax but in German you can arrange words in almost any order and it would still be grammatically correct, like in Latin

Every German talks exactly like Hitler. Don't you know le funny memes from Reddit and Youtube about how ugly the language is?

youtube.com/watch?v=zLvL7a8Y0pI

What about the 'r' rolling that he did? Is that unusual or taboo now?

That's an old people thing, my grandma still does it but nobody under 70 does.

Hitler's voice is quite unique, and there's a few factors coming together here. He had an Austrian accent. And he had stage training. At the time, people had to speak up on stages since they didn't all have wireless microphones and at great events when they did, they had coal dust microphones. So he rolled the R for instance in order to be understandable over crappy microphones and on the radio. He enunciated each word very clearly, because the words in themselves were carefully chosen for maximum effect.

My grandparents told me, when Hitler spoke, people listened. Not because they were made to, but because he was a very good and charismatic speaker. It was this ability that made him Führer and kept him in power for a long time.

>calls me retarded
>posts even worse
Next time ikibey.

Attached: 3E05DC3F-CF96-40D8-B6F2-118D7EF1534C.jpg (1536x295, 194K)

Depends on the region. Also read my post here

>a strict verb.second word order
Wrong.

>Ich habe einen Rumänen geschlagen.
>Geschlagen habe ich einen Rumänen.
>Einen Rumänen geschlagen habe ich.
All are exactly the same sentence and gramamtically correct. In English
>I punched a Romanian
>(no other arrangement of words is grammatically correct)

A romanian i did punch.

A Romanian was punched by me.

That's passive voice, not another arrangement of words.

In German:
>Ein Rumäne wurde von mir geschlagen.
>Geschlagen wurde ein Rumäne von mir.
>Von mir wurde ein Rumäne geschlagen.
>many more pssibilities

Yep.
Good job ikibey. But you have to go back to Turkey where your mother came from.

Rolling Rs were standard pronunciation up to the mid-20th century. The French-Dutch guttural R only took over around war time. Nowadays the former is still used in theaters and in some regions of Franconia, Bavaria and Austria. So Hitler's case fits all three reasons really.

>taboo
lol Americans

No, and it seems to be a dialect thing. People from Bavaria for ecample roll the 'r'.

>Punched a Romanian, I did

Attached: 47e.png (680x626, 179K)

Calling those correct is a stretch. You might do it to put emphasis on a word but even then it sounds shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=P1Mu_e2RO1I

Damn, dude. No need to post a vid of a chick with huge milkers since everyone on the fucking planet knows what an Austrian accent sounds like from Arnold Schwarzenegger.

>No need to post a vid of a chick with huge milkers

>Things homos says

Do some Germans unironically get inspired by listening to Hitler speak? Does it do anything to you on an emotional level?(positive) or it's just plain cringe and negative for you?

It's a cultural thing. Most Americans and Brits back in the 1930s just found the idea of some gesticulating manlet amusing. That's the unfortunate problem with Germans; they don't have much survival sense and they thought he must be a wise, inspirational leader because he made cool speeches.

Austrian accents sound badass and I don't just say that because of Arnold.

german being a harsh aggressive language is a total meme

This, Anglos have had a deep opposition to manlets in positions of power since the days of Napoleon, being 6'0+ is an unwritten requirement of becoming PM.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heights_of_presidents_and_presidential_candidates_of_the_United_States

Holy cringe, what a terrible video. She mixes features of Bavarian language, South German dialects, Southern accent, Austrian High German and Viennese dialect. While all of them overlap to some degree, nobody actually speaks in this autistic mix of disparate features. Fucking Saupreißn, I swear.

Attached: 1538070250176.png (1000x1000, 368K)

I doubt the main point of watching that video is to learn about German accents desu.

The rolling "r" is a southern Bavarian/Austrian thing.

Also in the past people talked like Hitler in a very clear pronunciation on emphasis to the consonants to be still understandable in recordings.

You can listen to De Gaul speech in the 50s in Germany. He also sounds like Hitler.
People learnt in specially to speak like this for Radio and TV.

The Trans-Atlantic accent yadda yadda. You can hear that in any old TV show or movie. Nobody actually talked like that IRL though.

youtube.com/watch?v=E77zORCCB3w

That's my fucking point you retarded shart nigger.

youtube.com/watch?v=BLT-SQUBRDw

In this video claims it died out postwar.

youtube.com/watch?v=GW8acLgObHM

Yet in the NFL Films highlight reel for 1976 the narrator (who in this case was Patriots play-by-play announcer Gil Santos) still very clearly uses it.

It seems to have been an Anglo country thing though. I'd be surprised if anyone in Germany used that.

>Trump is in the top 3 beaten only by LBJ and Lincoln
Noice.

>>a strict verb.second word order
>Wrong.
...and then posts sentences all showing verb in the second positions

I'm not the same burger, that guys retarded for thinking V2 means strict sentence order, but you're also retarded for thinking German doesn't have v2

>that autistic pedantry
Are you some kind of German or something?

no but I am an autistic pedant, especially when it comes to linguistics.

Most of the Netherlands does not have a gutteral R.

A rolling R is the norm here. With an American R at the end of the word.

youtube.com/watch?v=wA2sJn49HS8

that is how they sound IRl when angry

youtube.com/watch?v=Fr_lDpROdug

>I bet most germans could do a Hitler impression with a lot of shouting, growling and some weird inflections and everyone would know what its supposed to be
But then you would get arrested and charged with spreading hate ideologies. Such is life in Germany.

lol

Why do so many thots make these videos?

We had an accent here in the USA called Transatlantic which had features like some English accents which was well suited for old microphones and amplitude modulation.

It was popular until the 1970s.

I prefer it to what the news media usually uses now, the so-called "Midwest Accent".

This newest invention of Mister Edison is indeed astonishing.
youtube.com/watch?v=1BBkFacaBHY

All I hear is some elderly German guy rambling about nothing like your senile grandpa.

He was reading from Goethe. Molke was 88 at the time and this was only about three years before his death. A few months before he passed, he addressed the Reichstag and presicently warned of the danger of a general European conflict--"Should Europe become engulfed in war, the result would be a disaster the results of which we cannot foresee. No one knows how long it would last or what forms of government would emerge afterward."

>born in 1800, Moltke is believed to be the earliest-born person for which a voice recording exists

Krauts sperging out about carbon microphones and early recording equipment
(I do this too though)

The electric microphone was just brand new at this time and Bing Crosby had recently discovered how to sing into it intimately and that vocal projection was not required.

>amerimutt pretends to know laws of other countrys when he doesn't even understand the declaration of burgerland

Attached: 4567654578.jpg (225x225, 13K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volksverhetzung

>after ww2 there were laws implimented against the ideology that caused the shitshow that was nazi germany. can you imagine?
doesn't say anything about doing a hitler impression though. back to burger school

I have seen "Guess who's back" and let me tell you that I think that the actor who played Hitler did a better job than ol' Bruno(rip).