How can we force the Americans into using the metric system and remove the automatic transmission from their cars?

How can we force the Americans into using the metric system and remove the automatic transmission from their cars?

Attached: serveimage-7.png (780x438, 468K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HYHtvEnziTg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what's wrong with an automatic transmission?

Easy mode, encourages women and the elderly to drive when they are clearly incapable

Now that automatics are just as if not more fuel efficient than stick, there's objectively no reason to not drive automatic unless you actually enjoy using a manual.

It makes me uncomfortable that you risk your life texting and eating while you drive, and cars are not fun with an automatic transmission, the repairs are more expensive and you are making the manufacturers drop the manual option

You can't even force Brits to use metric

Transmissions are soon gonna be a thing of the bast, the future is electric

Women don't drive in Europe or New Zealand?

I'm 100% on board with the metric system (our stubborn insistence on imperial units is a meme at this point) but automatics are actually popular here for a reason.

>(our stubborn insistence on imperial units is a meme at this point)
How do you figure?

Based Paweł.

With the shitty example Tesla is doing with his costumers I doubt it.

I own both automatic and manual cars. Manuals are extremely fun for spirited drives but they blow ass in congested traffic. I don't notice a real difference in my attentiveness of my surroundings when using one over the other, because shifting and clutchwork is all subconscious for me. Also cars with automatics are reliable as fuck. I know some autos here that last 200,000 miles (321,000 km)

It's just Americans refusing to adapt because our country is the center of the universe. The metric system is objectively superior in every way.

It pisses me off that i'm better at estimating feet than km. Even though we're supposed to use metric, imperial seems to be more common

There was a real push for Metric in the 40s but we stopped because we didn't want to design our weapons, tanks and aircraft in a measuring system that our enemies could easily reverse engineer

Now that Musk proved that there's a market for it, real car companies are gonna step in

There's always been a market for it, electric cars were suppressed by the oil companies.

I never thought about that and it's an interesting point t b h. Those engineers could always keep using it though. I mean, our physicists and chemists all use metric in our present imperial world so why not?

idk

Before that EV's were mostly city only shitboxes that you wouldn't take on a highway or track day toys for super rich. Now there's proof that electric can be done for the whole range of sizes. Almost every manufacturer already has some EV in their line up and with better battery technology and charging infrastructure you can only expect that to grow.
Also governements love subsidizing electirc cars for those green votes

EVs still have a lot of advantages that no matter what some random company does, will still be there. It's battery tech that has to improve, after that, we're set.

Fuck off cunts I don't want metric.

manual transmission in peak hour traffic is living hell

That's the most retarded reasoning for chimperial I've ever heard. You can look up conversion factors very easily, and computers could do calculations in milliseconds since the dawn of computers. The Apollo space capsules had astronauts enter values in imperial, then converted them to metric for calculations, and converted the output back to imperial so that good ol' country boy Buzz wouldn't have to get used to km/s.

Metric is based, but manual transmission is cringe and autismpilled.

How do we force Americans to live in more reasonably sized houses and drive less to begin with?

They drive huge 7L V8s trucks in the cities, why can they drive 1.3L hatchbacks?, they are less expensive and comsume less gas.

gas is 30 cents/liter

Pretty sure it's more than that even with cheap American prices. Either way if you're using it up and fuming shit into the atmosphere this carelessly it's not expensive enough.

In the future, only manual cars will exist, and there is nothing you can do about it. Americans are ahead of the world in this regard, sorry if it triggers your antiamericanism.

Attached: 1552659205026-int.png (2221x1790, 426K)

I coverted my gas and it's 47 cents/ liter

>How do we force americans to change

you don't

USA USA USA USA
youtube.com/watch?v=HYHtvEnziTg

Attached: TaylorSwift-619-386.png (619x386, 504K)

at transmission better

Shit I mean only automatic cars will exist

This is why your cars are no fun anymore

>encourages women and the elderly to drive when they are clearly incapable
My aunt is 84 and drives a Toyota with a stick (though only drives locally with it).

None of that affects you in any way. Find something else to do with your time.

Transmission arguments are a distraction at this point, both are fine. I just want cars that are made to last and that can be repaired easily. I want to be able to fit my hand in the engine bay to easily replace parts, and fuck all the electronic bullshit. Give me a mechanical engine that I can look at and easily see what's going on.

>American shows off his big car/muscle car/sports car.
>It's automatic

xD

>I want to do more work to achieve the same thing.
You are a literal cavemen if you think manual makes you somehow a better driver.
Automatics are reaching a point where they save gas better than manuals and can switch gears better.

Reliability is only issue if you are a tard who doesn't take care of his tranny and likes to race uphill.

Attached: 16543648395984354.png (636x705, 34K)

No one is saying automatics should be banned, they're a nice quality of life upraged.

But any responsible adult should be able to drive both manual and automatic. You'd have to be some kind of a mental degenerate not to be able to drive shift.

>You'd have to be some kind of a mental degenerate not to be able to drive shift.
Driving shift isn't difficult once you learn how to navigate past your first stop light.

it's just that you don't have to learn it anymore. You really should only learn how to use one if you are truck driver or using any heavy specialty truck. Or a tank.