Why does Jow Forums think Ireland and Scotland deserve to be independent nation states yet disregard Wales as an...

Why does Jow Forums think Ireland and Scotland deserve to be independent nation states yet disregard Wales as an English region?

It's hard to classify what makes an authentic nation state but in my opinion, having your own language is the BIGGEST factor

Attached: 1483074303155.png (3145x3266, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1607MCzcBvl
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Be brave.
Fear God.
Honour the King.

I wish you Welsh cunts would fuck off constantly looking for recognition on here. youre nothing special

its probably because youre little bitches to england who rolled over so they never actually tried to destroy your language or culture, though that said youre indistinguishable from the english lower class chavs in every way today desu

Luv Cymru, simple as

There's plenty of shitposters who say Ireland shouldn't be independent as well, either for (You)'s or to satisfy their GROSS ANGLIAN empire fetishes.

Don't be rude to our Cymrig cousins lad.

i dont' think they should be independent.
Scotland is as anglo-saxon as mercia, no question.

Ireland is another thing, being assimilated celts. Eventhought, they have nearly no culture of their own, they have suffered greatly by the brittish. So their want for indy is understandable. But doesn't make much parcticale sense, as there is nothing to be independent of, better would be a selfgoverning region in Britain.

And wales, anglo-saxon culturally, but have partly retained their language. Luckily their people are clever and have no wish for independence. They have had a great relationship with england and later together with scotland for 800 years.

SEETHING

>they have nearly no culture of their own
???

>there is nothing to be independent of
And be dragged around by Westminster like Scotland is? The UK might be a lot more devolved now but that doesn't mean we would be better back under them.

I am just saying Ireland is very culturally similar to their neighbour, like a regional variation. No offense.

You are doing alright now. But from independence to the last few decades, ireland wasn't a good place economically. And the immigration rate in the last century is comparable to those lost under the famine.
If things had turned out differently, there could be a 10+ million population home rule irealand.

>you Welsh cunts
I'm unironically an Englishman with Irish heritage lmao but the facts are there to see
The real redpill is that the faroes should be British
>Faroes are 400km from Britain
>The Falklands are 1200km from Argentina

Attached: british faroe.jpg (1300x780, 85K)

>norse-gaelic rapebaby telling his mother's country how to behave

nah, we should be norwegian. But history turned another way.

Attached: 1476989553133.jpg (405x493, 80K)

Wales has been a dominion of the English crown for nearly a thousand years. Scotland and England have only been joined for 300 years, Ireland and England were only joined for 120 years or so. The Welsh have just been ruled by England so long, they have Stockholm syndrome.

I know that Denmark offered to give us Iceland on several occasions but we declined, not sure if you were part of that deal

I find the Faroes fascinating, you're surprisingly close to us but just doing your own thing. And as a football fan, I genuinely believe you beating greece home AND away is one of the greatest underdog victories of all time

Attached: faroe football.jpg (1920x1280, 225K)

I still think we have enough in the way of our traditional music and sports to separate us from Britain. I can't really make an unbiased view of our similarities from the fact that I live here as opposed to a third party. But there are countries with less distinct identities that remain different nations.

>>norse-gaelic rapebaby telling his mother's country how to behave
yeah because he doesn't want to be independent and knows his place, the scottish and irish should take a leaf out of his book

Scotland has always been a rightful English vassal and have lost most of their Gaelic identity. Wales at least still has their language and some form of a distinct culture so I could perhaps understand an independence movement.

But Scotland has Scots too. This language is pretty interesting, because it's so similiar to English (don't know how orgthography is) but still diffeent.

Belarussian is similar to Russian, especially to dialects, but has phonetical orthography, while russian orthography is very conservative.

you (or sweden) could have taken us in 1815, but no. Better keep the faroes (+iceland, greeland) with danmark, because we were a finalcial black hole, to keep the danes down.

The greatest victory was the first ever match we played. On 12th of september 1990, we won 1-0 against austria. On homefield, in sweden. Because we didn't even have a grasspitch yet.
The victories against greece might have been better. But nothing beats the first time.

Attached: bretskt føroyar.jpg (1200x600, 176K)

I used to think the same about my "country", but i have learnt we aren't very distinct, atleast not as much one would expect of a thousand years of relative isolation. Could just be transported to western norway and no one would know that we didn't belong, other than a weird accent and dead whales on the beach.

Your football team is definitely incredible for the small population you have, you are far superior to the other microstates.

Also what is the general feeling about Britain in the Faroes? Do you have much involvement with us or is everything via Denmark?

I can remember watching a short documentary about the British occupation of the Faroes in WW2 and we built your first airport and other infrastructure, my knowledge is limited but it seems to me that the British occupation had a positive effect long term.

>Why does Jow Forums think Ireland and Scotland deserve to be independent nation states
Cant speak for the other cunts, but the Anglosphere is because of pic related, any brexit article has a bunch of cringe boomers talking about how their homeland will be free

Attached: American ancestors.png (1008x652, 454K)

Historically pretty great I would say. Even before the war. There used to be a lot of trade and such, because of the distances. We even became a fishing nation because you, when you changed all ships to use motors in 1900s. Faroemen ventured south and bought "dangarir", called so, because the name of all the old ships was "danger" lol.

The war was good for us (minus the like 10% who became fatherless). Gave us the long awaited self government and acknowledgement of our flag, language and parliament. My grandfather only has good words on the soldiers who lived in his house.

Also, our only radio signal was to Britain until the 50s, so bbc was the only thing listened to. Which I think is the cause of thousands to follow the english premier league religiously today.

Now, very good. I don't particulary pay attention of the origins of grocery, but I think a substantial part is from Britain, rather than denmark, atleast the sweets section differs a lot, or so I have heard.
No one here support EU, so everyone is a breixteer. One of your handfuld trade deals is with us.

I've also remembered that Faroese genetics got ANGLO'D during ww2, there was loads of british soldiers stationed there that gave their seed to the local faroese women

would you say you have much involvement with the UK on a general basis? is a lot of international business done via the UK? i'm also guessing that a lot of faroese travelling internationally would probably get a flight via a british airport

why is welsh the only celtic language that has truly survived?

Hard not to get angloed, when half the population is scotch men for 5 years.
there are daily flights to britain, edinbourgh and london. Used to be a ferry to shetland but stopped some years ago.

>The victories against greece might have been better. But nothing beats the first time.
but even that victory was in sweden
there's almost an excuse when the game is hosted in sweden or the faroes with the natural climate advantage against greeks

winning at home is one thing but somehow, the faroes team went to greece away and managed to win in the mediterranean climate, which the faroese man is not built for

not forgetting greece were champions of europe in 2004 and you did the double, it cannot be overstated what an achievement this was

Attached: faroes in athens.jpg (1296x729, 166K)

Have you ever met any British tourists etc. in the Faroes?
I would definitely love to visit there but considering the costs involved, I can visit numerous European cities for a fraction of the cost and a lot more to see.

Maybe when I've ticked off other places, I'm older and hopefully have a family, I'll take the wife and kids for a comfy holiday to the faroes :3

The first match and victory was truly phenomenal. The was made completely homemade, with amateur natives, playing in the home league, with fulltime jobs. Now against a formidable football nation, Austria, with the only previous matches being friendlies against, greenland, shetland, orkney, iceland and danish teens, which were years between them.
But maybe im just influenced by national propaganda, but i think it was better. Makes for a good story atleast.
No, never met any tourists. But I know of a guy from scotland that lives here.

Actually the Welsh language was strongly suppressed for centuries much more than Irish ever was. Welsh also sounds much nicer and has non retarded orthography.

>. But I know of a guy from scotland that lives here.
Do you know him well? Is on on the main island or one of the outliers?
I'm interested to hear is backstory moving to the Faroes desu

I know nothing about him, other than he is from scotland.

does he live on your island or near you? you need to befriend him and ask him why he moved there and what it's like

p.s this whole conversation has been me that tells you to post vocaroo hahahaha

it's a particularly vocal county

don't know where he lives. Never going to talk to him because I don't know him and he is an older man.
vocaroo.com/i/s1607MCzcBvl

The Irish are just Catholic Englishmen, as evidenced by their democratic vote to join England in 1800. The Irish chose to be English.

Ireland is racially, spiritually and linguistically English.

>anglo-saxon culturally
No.

"Wales" comes from the old English/Germanic term used to denote a stranger, or a Celtic/Romance speaker from the former Roman Empire. Like Cornwall, it is a marker of difference and no matter how much the English sneer, the very name they applied to us means Wales and England will always be different, so long as the true spirit and language of the Britons endures.

No matter how widely spoken English is in Wales, it is a foreign language.

Attached: owaingwynedd.jpg (639x944, 121K)

you're in denial if you think we don't share the same culture mate

>Never going to talk to him because I don't know him and he is an older man.
No user, it is now your life's purpose to somehow find more about this Scotsman and worm your way into his lifestyle

the vocaroo gimmick is officially FINISHED, i will now be replying to all of your posts with "have you spoke to the scotsman yet?" until you actually speak to him

>the vocaroo gimmick is officially FINISHED, i will now be replying to all of your posts with "have you spoke to the scotsman yet?" until you actually speak to him
don't, the others wont understand what you mean.

i don't care who understands mate, if you want me to stop then you'll have to contact him won't you

Rude.

I wont find him. It was a one of interaction.
Was helping my uncle (rip) with someting, and he began speaking to this man with a funny accent. When the man left, i was told he was scottish. Never gonna find him.

gn

Oh ok then, do you live in Tórshavn or somewhere else? Do you know any non-Faroese living there and if so, where are they from?
I also remember the BBC article about Filipino brides coming to Faroes

Attached: 1532538537587.jpg (660x473, 64K)

The only cultured "shared" between Wales and England is that forced upon Wales since 1282.