American Game

>American Game
>Brits and Russians are the good guys
>Americans are the villains
WTF

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rG4jN2XJydo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did you finally make a non-brainwashed game?
What is it called?

>He doesn't know

I'm not really a gamer.

Modern Warfare 2

Thx

nationalists are the villians, american and russian.
also recall that it was made in the wake of iraq going to shit.

>finally
our games aren't propaganda asshole

A lot of your media carry remnants of cold war propaganda with them, it's mostly films though.

historically americans have always been the villains

they're downstream from propaganda

Wut, the main antagonist is a Russian nationalist.
Shepherd was just a deep state faggot who wanted more gibs for his wars.

Just like in reality (except for the brit part)

(((shepherd))) is a ZOG neocon

Aside from the obvious fact of making the anglo-american hegemony the good guys by default, and the Russians/Syrians/whatever the bad guys, the most propagandistic thing these games do is instill the idea that wars are caused by individual psychopaths and can be stopped if a heroic band of spooks can murder them, while the rest of the war (if there even is one) is irrelevant and none of the nominal authorities over the militaries involved have any bearing on the war happening, much less responsibility for causing it in the first place.
>MW: some "arms dealer" from a Bad Country™ organises the war behind the scenes, while Not Syria™ gets invaded because
>MW2: A CIA general false-flags terrorism to start WW3. However, his motivation is entirely personal and abstract, and no one else was in on it.
>BO: One random KGB guy is behind everything in the cold war just for the evulz
>BO2: An unironic global communist revolution only takes place because Tony Montana's sister was mutilated and killed 40 years ago by CIA niggers
>AW: Kevin Spacey molests the world into giving him control over everyone's militaries, only the based and redpilled US marines can save the world from being controlled by the military industrial complex(?)
I stopped playing after that point.

That's only so boomers can easily digest it, most muricans younger than boomers have that "war is hell" vibe coming from anti-war sentiments of the vietnam era, which kinda resurfaced during the Bush administration
at least that's how I see it

BO2 was the last good CoD.

Are you being ironic? Because they totally are

I think AW was good except for the ending and some of the voice acting. Exo-suit was slightly gimmicky but not bad.

I also forgot to include in my list MW3 and ghosts. MW3 is just a continuation of MW2's plot, but the worst part about it was how bland the American campaign was and how that part of the plot had no relation to the Ramirez missions in MW2.
Ghosts is probably the worst COD though, including in terms of the propagandism of its storyline. Pure yankee boomer fantasism. Which is a shame because I thought the set pieces and designs were pretty good for a COD game.

Of course the first post ITT mentioning us was from a French flag. Absolutely irredeemably obsessed.

Attached: dab.png (206x245, 7K)

WAW, Black Ops 1 and 2 had the best campaign.
It's cool how they connected characters from the 1940's to the 2020's

Attached: the-death-of-napoleon.jpg (1200x675, 114K)

Not something to brag about

I don't know, it seems to be resurfacing.
I haven't seen Red Sparrow but I saw the reviews of it. It was disgustingly racist. And I mean real sick russophobia. And in films like John Wick we're portrayed disgustingly on purpose.
Those are extreme cases but still. We never did that to you, not even during the Cold War.

(((shepherd))) did Moscow airport

WAW's doesn't really hold up IMO.
In Black Ops 2 I wasn't looking forward to the idea of the game having missions running in parallel in two time periods, in particular the futuristic shite, but it worked really well and I preferred the future missions in BO2 to the 1980s sections, which in my opinion didn't do justice to the black ops characters. Hudson's voice being different ruined his character too.

OH NO NO NO

>Exiling a despot to die on some island in the middle of nowhere after cucking him out of his egotistical and atutistic ambitions that cost the lives of hundreds of thousands
Seems cool to me.

If you think anglo actors playing russians using meme accents is racist then maybe

>egotistical and atutistic ambitions that cost the lives of hundreds of thousands

Sound like british history

I loved WAW, specially the Soviet parts.
The Pacific missions were meh.
On BO2 i didn't even noticed Hudson's voice changed after i replayed the first game, which didn't bothered me desu.
I prefered the 1980's missions over the futuristic ones, BO2 was also possibly the last AAA FPS game that had the Chinese as enemies. Idk if BF4 came before or after that game, which also had the Chinese as enemies.

It does.
Still describes Napoleon as well.

And the Russian part.

In BO2 they conspicuously gave you the option of making the Chinese your allies after a certain point.

World at War was pretty cool because of the gore and edgy tone

I don't remember much, all i know is David meets Zhao at the end of a mission.

Russians & Brits are unironically the good guys though

Yes, they went for a more accurate description of war.
No hollywood bs that Infinity Ward was doing with MW campaigns.

In the third game the Russian PC is a good guy and basically sacrifices himself so that the British character can kill the main bad guy.

I didn't see Red Sparrow but I don't think anyone takes that movie seriously
John Wick is understood as being over the top/1 dimensional and not something we are supposed to take seriously
Also please note that in John Wick the russians are all mafia criminal types, mafias as villains are usually one dimensionally disgusting no matter their nationality, the italian mafia got similar treatment in the classic The Boondock Saints
I'll admit I think there is an elitist (and leftist) element in US society that wants to portray Russia as a big adversary but outside of boomers who were always suspicious of Russia anyway, most Americans don't hate Russia just because the tv told them to
Again, just how I see it

How could you betray us like this?

Tons of zoomers are Slavaboos and love Russia

You think that's bad, watch Geostorm some time. Gerard Butler aping an American accent in a movie about how Americans would use a weather control system to kill literally everyone else, unless the UN takes control away. They even make a special point to make the villain a Boomer who longs for the 50s.

As for Russophobia, sorry, dudes. China ought to take your place as the modern boogeyman, but Hollywood is so hungry for Chinese ticket sales they changed them into being North Koreans in the Red Dawn remake.

Disgusting.

cringe

>cyka bliat
>CYKA BLYAT
>s.r.a.l.k.e.r
>metro
>gopnik

Attached: 1550909848299.gif (365x400, 551K)

Attached: 1552517684210.png (2560x1440, 1.05M)

But Stalker are actually good games

Attached: 1520129546722.jpg (657x635, 42K)

Fan community is big gay

Attached: 1552157566448.gif (580x580, 182K)

>Russians are the good guys
They're not?

They often are

>China ought to take your place as the modern boogeyman
The smarter solution is not to have one, even though fuck China.
>Hollywood is so hungry for Chinese ticket sales
This is true, kek. Im always seeing hollywood movies subtly praising or appeasing Chinese viewers.
That's probably not racist but it's fucking nauseating. Some actors really try when they try to speak Russian and that's very admirable. But in shitty movies like John Wick they dont even speak Russian, they just make gutteral sounds and pretend that's Russian. Im not even exaggerating. It's really fucked up.
Either way that's not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about constant representation as the retarded villain. It might seem innocuous but in reality it's just mental conditioning that's become a part of the hollywood legacy since the cold war.
>most Americans don't hate Russia just because the tv told them to
I get that but media influences us more than we think. Also not everybody is as self-aware and smart as you are.

but the russians are also the bad guys.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19K)

How old are you?

They (Americans) still do it to us, so you're not alone.

I wasnt being entirely serious obviously but there's a truth in every joke, as we say.

Hollywood portrays other countries pretty badly in general
>french character
>speak "french"
>can't understand what he says

>american hero is going to France
>french authorities are always corrupt and incompetent
>american hero save the day

>representation as the retarded villain
let me play devils advocate here
Even the average open minded american will usually only associate Russia with simple sturdy firearms, strong well made vodka, brutally oppressive communist governments, and chronic depression
Maybe they know a little bit of history about Ivan and Peter and a few memes about the insurance dashcams, but that still doesn't leave a whole lot of room for a writer trying to make an entertaining script he can sell to a producer, who can then sell it to an audience
Sad truth is we don't know enough about Russia to easily see them as anything other than the retarded villain, I wish there was an easy fix to this but dumb action movies sell better than documentaries

I'm 25 and only CoD I've played were 1(propaganda), 2(ok) and Black Cops(propaganda but good game)

CoD 1 was based
youtube.com/watch?v=rG4jN2XJydo

based ameribros showing the russians and french as the baddies they are irl

>our games aren't propaganda asshole

>enemy at the gates: the game
>based

Attached: 1551246670713.png (604x608, 10K)

that part when they used enemy at the gate as historical source was my favorite, never forget 1 rifle 3 soldiers meme

I liked the russian parts even if they're all about le russian zerg rush meme

You liked shit

Attached: 1.png (512x512, 55K)

You're being unequal in your representations
>Sad truth is we don't know enough about Russia to easily see them as anything other than the retarded villain,
The average college educated individual, especially one that's a writer, a hollywood screenwriter, should understand enough about Russia to represent it more objectively than he presently does. You have some of the best academia in the word, you can be sure that they know a lot about Russia.
If your argument has to do with them conveniently appealing to the lowest common denominator then I'd say decades of actual propaganda have compounded ignorance on the subject and continuing down that path when you know better is just plain wrong.

It was a good multiplayer game
Stop being so butthurt Ivan

Most americans won't ever leave america or even their state, russia is a country far away meaning it still has an "exotic" factor

>russia and all of eastern europe is gray, poor full of drunkards and whores
>south america: dictators with mustaches doing dictator with mustached stuff, and cartels

that's less a problem of propagandization and more a problem of bad writing and storytelling stemming from the modern settings
World at War, WW2, and BO3 didn't have these issues, and Infinite Warfare didn't have this issue to quite the degree that the others did (BO3 had the best campaign by far)

>*crack*
>*siiiiiip*
>rifles only on mp_harbor, now that was a game mode

your descriptions are not that far from reality

>rifles only

Based

Was a big fan of the mauser

Attached: 1528230069091.jpg (376x349, 22K)

Oh fuck off.

That's how storytelling works you faggot, holy shit imagine not understanding the concept of a main antagonist.

You don't need to convince me man
We just need to tell the 500 million+ fellow citizens in our countries
Also
>american writers
>understanding anything
Stephen King for example, can't write good books without cocaine

global poker face.png

>Stephen King for example, can't write good books without cocaine

A writer needing drugs or alcohol to write doesn't make him a bad writer

Literally no one born after 1991 genuinely buys into that shit. Even normal people are much more cynical of popular media than they used to be.

I would say that sort of stuff is on it's way out, but its had somewhat of a renaissance since Trump was elected.

>the worst part about it was how bland the American campaign was
finally someone who agrees with me
every American mission felt exactly the same, you can't even tell the levels apart despite them taking place in different cities, everything is just this ugly shade of green with vaguely cloudy skies in every mission
also the game in general felt like it was trying too hard to be MW1

I only wish, your game industry change agendas like gloves.