What do the rest of the slavs think about the south slavs?

What do the rest of the slavs think about the south slavs?

Attached: South+Slavs+Invaded+the+Balkan+Peninsula+&+took+it+from+the+Byzantine+Empire.+Bosnia,+Serbia,+Bu (960x720, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6yO14lat2hg
youtube.com/watch?v=icD1gWsBWSM
youtube.com/watch?v=ghmxcnIM4TU
youtube.com/watch?v=BzXA67QWQU0
sms.zrc-sazu.si/Si/SMS4/Marjeta4.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_hdKR-DaA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stećak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing

>Bulgarians not included

different flavors or serbs

Attached: main-qimg-c6754327a7c177395c3c3f7c4ab7a693.jpg (250x516, 43K)

based ltalian saying it how it is

most people here just see south slavic countries as affordable vacation destinations. especially croatia and bulgaria.

They are stupid and turkish rapebabies.

Attached: IMG_20190316_130029_331.jpg (544x371, 57K)

notice how the present day south slav is considered to be the tallest, has a warrior skull, big nose for more air intake and dark hair for adopting to med climate

>took it from the byzantine Empire
What retard wrote this?
When we came there were already Avars here.

but east slavs look like aborted fetuses with fatal alcohol syndrome

between the fall of the roman empire and the settling of slavs, byzantine ruled the balkans, and then the slavs settled it and raided as far as the pelopones

>When we came there were already Avars here.
only at the Northern parts.

why is that slav holding a lab flask though

they clearly didn't mean you, Nikola

we drink rakija from that

I may be wrong, but I think their's languages sound like Latvian, but in Latvian a Russian-speaking man can't understand a word (maybe except "how" in Latvian).

literally turked.com

>Latvian
what

are romanians slav?

ROMAnians are not slavs

as much as germans are

no but they were strongly influenced by their slavic orthodox neighbours

not sure what this is supposed to mean since ossis are half slav and wessis aren't

>e ossis are half slav and wessis aren't

Not only Ossis

South slavs have lower murder, abortion, suicide and HIV rate compared to Eastern slavs.
Even with less money, we are morally superior.

Attached: SnlrJea.png (1113x1171, 482K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6yO14lat2hg

youtube.com/watch?v=icD1gWsBWSM

>Even with less money, we are morally superior.
Are you really poorer than them? Ukraine is the poorest cunt in Europe together with Moldova and I'd place Bulgaria a bit above Russia.

what you call "turkish" influence, is, in fact, influence from tribes south slavs absorbed back in the 7th century, like scythians, dacians, illyrians. ottoman empire didn't leave a significant genetic influence in the balkans. the "ottoman" army which attacked croatia was all bosnians and serbs, not actual turks.

>ottoman empire didn't leave a significant genetic influence in the balkans

lol, maybe not on Slovenians, Croats and Albanbians but all others got Turked to various extent.

>the absolute state of thia flag

Latvia is one of the Baltic States.

maybe culturally but genetically not even the turks got TURKd.

i know.
idk, that sounds closer to finnish than south slavic to me.

It has similiar phonetics to south slavic languages (except Bulgarian and maybe Macedonian).

1) long-short vowels with musical tones
2) rare patalisation

We are slightly poorer than Russia even after 12 years in the EU.
Ukraine and Moldova are buffer states that sadly will forever be fucked by Russia. It's not logical to compare to them.
South slavs are shit at the current economic game.

Not much at all. And when we do, we think of them as just "Balkans".

Poles were always against Panslavism, which itself is nowadays nothing but a meme.

proofs?

Okay, if you count only original half mongol tribes as Turks that's probably correct. But if you count in all the Anatolian-Kurdish-Gipsy-Caucasian-mongrels we know today as Turks then I'm pretty sure there is plenty of their DNA spread all over Bulgaria, (southern) Serbia and Greece .

South Slavic languages are much closer to Russian than Latvian. There might be some weak similarities between Lithuanian and some archaic dialects like Chakavian but even then other slavic languages (Ukrainian, Russisn etc. are closer than Baltic languages):

see this, I'm sure slavs of any kind will understand many words:

youtube.com/watch?v=ghmxcnIM4TU

youtube.com/watch?v=BzXA67QWQU0

this desu, i'm not a puny slav, i'm a direct descendant of Khan Kuber

Attached: Jason-Momoa.jpg (1024x683, 144K)

seething

or take statistics very bad

Attached: 1280px-J2(Y-DNA).png (1279x692, 487K)

turks invaded france and sweden?

>highest concentrations in azerbaijan, iran, italy and turkey
>also random blotches all the way to china
i'm gonna need more convincing user

>turks didn't invade france and sweden

>Catholic because we're close to Rome
That's kind of true, but only in the sense of the myth. In actuality it's much more complicated. For example, the powerhouse of Croatia back then was the coast and it was almost always under direct Byzantine control. Also keep in mind before Franks took everything, Croatian lands used to be under the Byzantine Empire, not Rome.
When we're talking about being close to Rome, the land was politically and religiously closer to Byzantines instead.

When Croats came and found Illyrians, Romans and various Slavs the church was strong in Byzantine areas, or what you'd call Orthodox today. Christianization of Croats, the ruling caste came from the Franks on the coast and from Byzantines on the east. For example, the Croatian glagolitic alphabet we used all the way until the 19th century was given to us by Byzantine monks.

The picture of Croatia in the 10th and 11th centuries was bizarre. You had a strong Byzantine/Rome split in the church on the coast and Rome biased interior of the country which was Christianized by the Byzantines. While Byzantines called Croats down here, it was Rome which proclaimed our rulers into kings, which made them sway the Roman way. After a few almost civil wars due to the divide in the church, Croats settled for Rome.
Still, our Church history is one of using a Byzantine derived alphabet, rights to Old Church Slavonic mass and even today we don't say Jesus, but Isus like Greeks. Or, for example, we still say pop (as in, the root word for pope) instead of priest. A long history of Croatian Greek rite Catholicism died by the late 19th century, though as nationalism made a shitty strawman from religion and after some shenanigans with Serbs we doubled down on Rome.

you are the most slaved

>Ah yes, getting turk'd somehow makes you the tallest nations on the planet and very physically robust on average.
Retard

Stop lying. Poles were the biggest weebs for Yugoslavia

Slovenia is West Slavic
Poland should be reclassified as East Slavic

never though a russian could be this fucking BASED and redpilled

Attached: 1551622027840.jpg (502x493, 100K)

It's obvious for everyone who has working brain

Attached: 1552519225124.jpg (602x753, 59K)

Interesting. What about your paganism? How long it persisted and what's left of it?

glad you’ve finally come to terms with being a slav

>croatians are catholic serbs

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)

There's almost nothing left of old paganism. Our state was almost fully christian by the 10th century. Pagan researches speculate that last actual paganism was probably dead by the 13th century. What's left of it today are some landmark names and motifs in songs repurposed to be Christian. It's really not much.

The main thing is that the country became predominantly Christian before anyone except the church could write meaning pagans were not a big threat and so there were no persecutions and those landmarks were left with those names. As for actual slavic pagan beliefs, it's all speculation. The most overtly pagan thing I can think of now is a festival in Rijeka where you can see some weird traditional animal costumes.
Though Illyrians did worship some animist gods and snakes beforehand, but it's also fully lost.

Attached: 162194_42f3e6f9018baf32e02a.jpg (800x400, 87K)

slava Perunu brate

A lot of our cultural shit has pagan roots, with some Christian name slapped on it. I was wondering if you're the same. Our transition to Christianity wasn't so painless and for centuries after we became Christian we had both pagan and christian place of worship in one place.

I remember an episode of "Na rubu znanosti" where they talked about paganism and that it supposedly survived in Gorski Kotar up until ww1

Yes, I'm vaguely aware of how it went and that irradiated Chernobyl zone was one of the last areas where old pagan customs lived in a legit way. Oh well, researchers today have to explore rural Belarus. Acceptance of Christianity around here seems to have been painless.

I think I know what you're talking about. It's not Gorski kotar, it's the valley of Soča in Slovenia. The first blow was an Austro-Hungarian railway and the second blow was WWI. Afterwards the people never reconnected with their roots. Although I wouldn't call it slavic paganism. It was something very weird.

this sounds super interesting so i did a bit of googling and found a book called "Razkrite skrivnosti staroverstva". A man who lived there claims claim stat what is now called Belnovo used to be called "Belinovo", after the pagan god Belin or Belibog
apparently there was some sort of canyon or cave where pagans burnt bonfires (kresi) and did rituals but it was all destroyed during ww1 and turned into a bunker

a book from 1882 also claims the same (apparently): sms.zrc-sazu.si/Si/SMS4/Marjeta4.html

some cool shit

Attached: Belin-Belenus-Bog-Venetov-Slovendi_4.jpg (262x356, 17K)

there is another book, it's called "s nevidime strane neba" and they worshipped a different god, there was some snake worship and they had a lunar calendar

youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_hdKR-DaA

/thread

this fucking nailed it

>Even with less money
lol wat

I'm familiar with two stories, one of shepherds in the mountains near Tolmin, towards Bohinj who believed in a mythological sky bull and a different community somewhere in the region where some pre-Slavic beliefs survived where people journeyed to a sacred cave and took stones from it to bring magical power into their homes. There was also something about some sacred hills. Allegedly, an ethnologist found fresh offerings in the cave a few years ago, although it is said that most of the communities were crippled during WW1 and the beliefs died out once the last old people associated with the beliefs carried them to their graves in the years after WW2.

>south slavs
Slovenians are almost okay, but they are extremely arrogant and dickish
Bulgarians and Croatians I very much like, interesting cultures and long histories. Also really comfy climates and nature
The rest are irrelevant.
And Serbia was a mistake

So what slavs are Bulgarians?

also south.

>we
you are not slav, retard

>December, everyone preaches about how Christmas is about the birth of Christ and not the superficial acts of gift giving, almost everyone goes to mass, priests visit homes to bless food and land
>February: Everyone puts on sheep skull masks to banish the evil ghosts of winter, ritual burning of wickermen and effigies
I always found the contrasts hilarious here.

South Slavs have the lowest HIV rates in the whole world

He's not wrong, sounds like Russian

They are the only human form of Slavic that exists till modern times due to the whole influence from the Mediterranean nations such as Italy or Greece
Also, they look the best (except of Bulgars, sorry they look like seljaks)

>homocides
this image doesn't seem reputable

Mi svi znamo da si hrvat. U redo je.

Also the head of my political science department is Bulgarian. He's a smart dude although his name is retarded
>Ivan Ivanov

>Ivan Ivanov
That seems to be the name of every second Bulgarian

Attached: Spede Pasanen.jpg (600x683, 33K)

I'm serious, I've heard of a dozen Ivan Ivanovs.

that's an ancient farmer haplogroup that was spread in the neolithic and doesn't have much to do with the ottomans

Serbians are good frens

Attached: 1544278197767.jpg (753x1160, 95K)

>pre-Slavic beliefs
So Avar shit or something else?

who knows? those pagan practices in slovenia are unique, it might have been invented by the people in those villages 300 years ago, it might be 10 000 years old

There were no Avars in the Soča river region and our Slavic ancestors came here with the Avars. A lot of it is Celtic (like the worship of the god Belin which I believe was mentioned earlier in this thread) but the stone worshippers were allegedly following even older traditions.

I thought the Avars came from the east and Slavs from the north.

I did see the comment about Belin and assumed it was Celtic (Belenos, Beltane, etc).

Have you got any standing stones or other ancient shit in Croatia?

Only the Serbocroatians are truly South Slavic. Bulgarians are heavily Russian-influenced and Slovenes are heavily West Slav-influenced.

There were two main waves of migration into Slovene lands, the first one from the north, from Moravia and the second from the east, across Pannonia.

>across Pannonia.
So from Ukraine area?

this for example
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stećak
the motives look like from the stone age, and some have weird stuff on them, like elephants

Other way around

That's very cool. I didn't know there was an independent Bosnian church.

From around Galicia, I suppose, or maybe they were already living in Pannonia and just moved further to the west.

Attached: Bulgarians_and_Slavs_VI-VII_century.png (2352x1667, 793K)

Weird that the area of the Avar Khaganate was repopulated by another non-Slavic people.

the Slavs were forest and hill people. They failed in the Alps when confronted with German highland colonization and they failed in Pannonia when pitched against nomadic peoples.

n*mads have a hard on for the carpathian basin. first the huns then the avars then the magyars and then the gypsies.

Highly based as usual