As of August 2017, the Spanish AVE system is the longest HSR network in Europe with 3,240 km (2...

>As of August 2017, the Spanish AVE system is the longest HSR network in Europe with 3,240 km (2,010 mi)[3] and the second longest in the world, after China's
Did you know Spain has the world's second largest high-speed rail network? Would you like to go to Spain and ride a train?

Attached: Train-travel-in-Spain-map-of-AVE-routes-pic-HrAd.png (1165x900, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rc-ad_bntxs
ft.com/content/90d28bbc-43c2-11e8-803a-295c97e6fd0b),
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_road_network_size
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seriously, who trusts Meds engineering?

Attached: ce3332388e10b26640f6f8effe0861ee.png (444x434, 221K)

I trust it more than Chink trains.

So would I but that's honestly very low standard to compare.

We also have some good "extreme" trains. Rack railways and funiculars. We have a bunch in Catalonia.

Attached: 300px-GS1_web14fgcam5lb9.jpg (300x200, 29K)

Attached: funicular-sant-joan-montserrat-w4d49-1b0t0019-1.jpg (230x346, 32K)

chuff chuff

youtu.be/rc-ad_bntxs

you since your high speed train is from french origin..

>As of August 2017, the Spanish AVE system is the longest HSR network in Europe with 3,240 km (2,010 mi)[3] and the second longest in the world, after China's
corruption between construction companies and the government

Ave Trains are comfy frens

>Did you know Spain has the world's second largest high-speed rail network?
Yes, I built Talgo software once
>Would you like to go to Spain and ride a train?
And eat my way from San Sebastian to Cadiz and back? It's on the bucket list.

>Yes, I built Talgo software once
was it outsourced?

NOBODY in this world makes their own software.

There is one single thing we do right, and it's infrastructure. We spend too much money on it.

Attached: Controlled-access highways network length in kilometers.png (4592x3196, 1.17M)

Yes, Talgo trains were developed by Bombardier, back then they had their engineering in Switzerland. I had the high honor to do months of software testing and also had a hand in selecting the rear view camera.

clever Meds

Attached: pacha.png (600x652, 243K)

That would imply people see the French as meds(as in Greeks, Italians, Spaniards; people who need to pay denbts) and not their own thing.

Spain is catching up.

Attached: RPI.png (1157x844, 120K)

wtf is this and why is the Netherlands not top 5????

>quality of service: the highest (2.1)
>intensity of use: the 3rd lowest (1.0)
lol, they are right when they say we spend too much money on the AVE.

but France is med as well

Yeah I've heard that every little village on the way has it's own station.

i want to know how our government spends the money
and it has cost a lot millions to us, fabolous

why are we so high? this doesn't make any sense? we hardly have trains compared to some of these other countries (even below us on the ranking)

Talgo is an independent company and nobody is going to tell you how they spend their money lol. IT outsourcing is the most retarded waste of money on the planet but there's nothing you can do to stop it really.

Yes, it was expensive, but your rear view camera on the Talgo 350 will survive the fall and second rise of mankind.

yeah, there are many stations in the way which have pretty much been permanently closed because because there isn't a lot of demand for them. But meanwhile the money to build the station has already been spent. Pic related, the closest city (with 42k people) is 20km away from this station.

Attached: 10_11_antequera_estacion.jpg (1024x682, 278K)

Spain collected more money from the EU infrastructure budget than Germany, France, Britain and Italy combined.

European railway performance index

Attached: European Railway Performance Index_ex01_tcm-151890.jpg (1997x1303, 537K)

what a waste of money

I have been on Spanish trains. They're fine, better than ours, though that's not saying much.

>Talgo is an independent company and nobody is going to tell you how they spend their money lol
of course, but my country buys their shitty trains

All you can do is inquire why the Spanish government chose to buy from Talgo instead of other European companies based on price and performance.

You don't understand, user. One station just happened to be opened in lands that belonged to the then minister of Education and later president of Madrid region. Another station just happened to be opened in lands that belonged to the family of the guy who presided over Catalonia for over 20 years. There is nothing to see here, move on.

they use german trains, i think

To be fair, Spain needs more of it than France, Italy or Germany because it's a relatively big country with a more montainous terrain and Spain has lacked infrastucture during a lot of time compared to other European countries, the money was badly spent because the goverment focused in fast trains that are now too expensive for many people so they prefer other media of transport over AVE, aside from the other shady things that other Spanish anons have said.
But at least Spain's economy is catching up to other European countries, we have more GDP per capita than Italy now (ft.com/content/90d28bbc-43c2-11e8-803a-295c97e6fd0b), but I think it has more to do with Italian incompetence that with Spanish competence.

>Talgo trains were developed by Bombardier,
do you work directly for bombarbier?

>you since your high speed train is from french origin..
Right. We had two options then: japanese Shinkansen and yours. Our government decided to adopt yours because to adopt the japanese tech we needed all our existing railways to be replaced. It was also the time when anti-japanese sentiment in our country was still high so our government making major deals with Japan would bring massive public backlash. Having said all, it was the japanese one however that is more suitable to our landscapes and other factors.

And this is how cancer looks like, this is why I'm happy I don't pay taxes

how many politicans are living like god with our money, think about it

>I don't pay taxes
?

I think about it too much and it doesn't make me any good so I'd rather not
don't work/own property/buy things other than food == don't pay taxes

>European railway performance index
Is there some similar graph for roads/highways?

Attached: 1526506276332.jpg (346x568, 30K)

this is just total length and pic is per millon people, is the closest thing I have.

Attached: Kilometers of contrololled-access highways per 1000000 people.png (4592x3196, 1.18M)

>Tren Articulado ligero Goicoetxea Oriol
Guess Why? Talgo & Renfe has been on stretched term since forever & the Oriol Family keep a big chum of the company now day.

From what year is this map?

Attached: 1532315736333.jpg (960x486, 134K)

>buy things other than food
Food has a 4 % VAT

I think it uses this list as a source
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_road_network_size
The list itself has different years for every country.

wow imagine jumping in front of it

kek wtf, we deserve our denbts
>528km of new highways in construction right now
stop

Attached: DEEEEEENNNNBBBBTSSSSSS.png (969x888, 102K)

>528km of new highways in construction right now.
Damn, is there any legitimate reason why do you need so many motorways? It seems you are building it only for politicans so they can steal some money out of it. Does eu give a fuck about that or your government is in the bed with Germany and France so they don't care?

Attached: 1536445076871.gif (250x200, 1.95M)

It's the only thing we do kinda right.

Infrastructure is good though. You should be fucking happy that you get new roads and shit. We don't even have trains to our whole country and the roads are falling apart...

There are many places where they aren't really needed, and those are usually the ones which make it into the news. Most highways usually have a purpose, construction has always been one of the "engines" of the spanish economy, and also because of the way our cities are built (very dense and not a lot of sprawl, which means there is plenty of space around to build new infrastructure without knocking down stuff) and pretty low amount of NIMBYs means these projects get greenlighted pretty quickly.

Spain needs more motorways per capita due to the geography and low dense population (compared to other European countries like Germany), the problem is that, even if that extra infrastructure that is being built is useful, would it be more useful if we spend the money elsewhere? Would it be more useful if we had less taxes instead? Could it possible that part of the reasons goverment build roads is to give money to friendly corporations that then pay them back? I don't know to be honest, I don't have all the answers, but I can understand why someone would think that more roads aren't the best thing to do.

Isn't the central part of Spain or most of Castile region of rough and high terrain? Madrid is actually the only big city while the rest areas has very low population density and cities that exist there are just medium to small sized. Which was quite a surprise to me when I learned about it because Castilla is viewed as the political center of Spain.

It was used to stole public money, and when they asked where the millions went they were forced to make something to hide the fact that it costed 7 times it's initial proposed cost.

Comfy

Attached: infinite_pepe.gif (720x720, 1.44M)