What does Jow Forums think of the current state of the French colonial empire?

What does Jow Forums think of the current state of the French colonial empire?

Attached: Outre-mer_en.png (1432x742, 58K)

pathetic

>French colonial empire
I come from Reunion. We are definitely not colonized, my volcanoes are parts of France.

>

Attached: EEZ.png (525x436, 42K)

>tfw we would've fallen to second place had NC voted to secede, but they didn't

Attached: 1551179365552.png (800x769, 126K)

what's that

based

Hope it falls in my lifetime

How much ocean you control legally.

>Colonial empire

All the people in these areas are full French citizens with all the rights that come with them (access to social services, political representation, tax obligations and voting rights).

Meanwhile the American colonial empire is way more sinister. Millions of people without representation on the federal level or voting powers. Sub-categories of citizens that are allowed to serve in the army but are not full Americans citizens. Large swaths of their lands seized by eminent domain for American military bases, and tax-dodging corporations.

Attached: US_insular_areas.svg.png (2000x852, 367K)

doing ok if you consider their continental africa protectorates too

Attached: world eez map.jpg (1600x1033, 364K)

>tax dodging corporations
Our territories pay taxes

And the worst part of this is the fact that a lot of these unbearable circumstances are justified by supreme court rulings from the beginning of this century that are unironically calling the American nationals living in the places 'alien and foreign subraces'.

The next time you attack people, educated yourself a minimum about the topic before doing it.

They don't pay certain federal taxes which makes it easier for certain companies to set up subsidies there.

Next time you attack someone point out what they said was wrong.

The sun never sets on the French empire

explain to me how what we do is worse than German colonialism

Easy, German colonialism did stop 100 years ago while American colonialism still continues. I didn't even mention the British Indian Ocean territory that is under British sovereignty but technically leased to the American military after it was dismembered from Mauritius with its population forcibly expelled. They recently successfully petitioned in front of the ICJ so we actually might see this territory returning to Mauritius in the future.

Do you think that you dissolved your colonies out of sympathy for your subjects?

Are you implying that it would need a foreign power to invade the US and to force to treat its own citizens with some dignity? Wow.

Yes but that'll never happen

get fucked Hans, our territories share the same rights that we have

French Polynesia is huge with a surface area that could cover much of Europe. As the French state guarantees universal to all of its citizens military aircraft are used to provide for medical evacuations for French citizens living on dispersed islands without any additional cost. Meanwhile the US can't even guarantee access to universal healthcare coverage within its major population centers. This is the most extreme and pathetic example that I can come up with.

Attached: ermegence_services_French_polynesia.jpg (990x640, 179K)

but at what cost

Attached: taxes by country.png (2000x1407, 230K)

kraut btfo

According to current legislation a person born in North Dakota that grew up in France all his life or any other expat can vote for the American president and his congressional representative. Meanwhile an American citizen born on American soil of these territories has no voting representation in Congress, no senators and is not allowed to vote for the president.

Taxes don't pay for healthcare idiot. Healthcare expenditure as share of GDP:

France 11%
USA 17%

Yes but they have the same protections and laws under the federal constitution

This implies that i'm paying for my insurance entirely by myself. Health insurance is a thing, and is what pays for the majority of it my health expenses.

>they have the same rights but just not these rights

They don't have the same rights, period.

Well then they should protest for statehood or attempt to secede

>for the majority
lol

I broke my wrist a few years back, my insurance covered $2600 of the $3100 bill.

They did petition the federal government or the supreme court numerous times but either congress is unwilling or the supreme court is citing those same racist rulings a century ago.

then they should secede if they feel like it

better than yours

I want to live in the French Southern and Antarctic lands. What happens there?

Scientific and penguins. Mostly penguins.

Yes, with military bases that cover half of their islands territory like in the case of Guam, lmao. Recently there was a local ruling that forced the American government to pay compensation for the territories seized by the military and the American paid for the value of the land (from last century) but you don't understand something. These people are American citizens, they watch American TV shows eat American food and go shopping to American supermarkets. They bravely endured Japanese occupation and celebrated when they were liberated by allied forces. In fact those territories have the highest rates of enlistment than any other place of the United States, fighting wars for a country in which they aren't even allowed to vote and yet their own government treats them like shit and as some form of second class citizen.

They can move here if they want, i don't see the problem

Why do you mean by 'here' these territories are part of the United States.

Oui oui

Attached: images (6).png (300x250, 7K)

based new caledonia