Why did Jow Forums memed the Ottoman Empire into a "super ebig caliphate" status?

Why did Jow Forums memed the Ottoman Empire into a "super ebig caliphate" status?

Attached: OttomanEmpireMain.png (3597x2581, 1.44M)

it was pretty big
at its height at least

Ottoman Empire
r8

The Ottoman Empire was a legit Superpower for a long time. If it still existed it would be more powerful than the US, having most of the worlds Oil sources. Granted, society was notoriously unequal and income inequality is still huge in modern Turkey. But do not believe the "decline" meme, which has long been debunked by modern historians

incels spreading misinformation? oh I'd never

>The Ottoman Empire was a legit Superpower for a long time.
yes
>If it still existed it would be more powerful than the US
no

>Ottoman empire population 1914 15 millions, middle age technology
>France population 1914 40 millions, advanced technology

yep such a superpower

>I can't even understand a simple map

in 1914 the Ottomans had already lost most of their territory

>lost most of their territory
a sign of a true superpower

It was pretty big desu

>O.E. 1683 30,000,000

>France 1700 22,000,000

My ancestors fuck Ottoman Empire so hard

>if you lose eventually that means the centuries before don't count
>the fact that the Roman Empire doesn't exist today means it was no great power 2000 years ago
ok retard

still pathetic comparing the sizes

>Rome never was a superpower at all because it lost all its territory at some point

look at the territory
Ottomans had mostly desert, France had a perfect climate

So to anybody who isn't familiar with Jow Forums memes, I would like to explain you that many 4channers meme about how the Ottoman Empire was this Islamic super state and for example they see 1683 as a battle between religions. Meanwhile in reality the Ottoman Empire was 'tolerant'. Many leaders had Christian background and many soldiers were Christians. For example in 1683 Ottomans had Orthodox, Catholic and Protestant auxillary troops from the Balkans and Hungary.

>Hohol
>White

just stop seething for a second terrone

the anatolian peninsula weather is beter than the french weather and its also bigger in size alone

ever looked at turkey in google earth? central anatolia is nearly completely drylands/steppe climate

>the anatolian peninsula weather is beter than the french weather
no it's not
>and its also bigger in size alone
doesn't mean shit
the Sahara is larger than the great plains
Sahara produces nothing but dust, the grait plains is the biggest grain producer in the world

northen france is a frozen wasteland for most of the year, what's your point?

Because people like you keep posting fake maps

Attached: 1549319026154.png (1104x1536, 1023K)

Yep. My ancester comes to Donbass region from Novgorog.
White so much

your mum's mum fuck Ottomans so hard

My ancestors kill so mant Ottomans.
Ottomans are cannon fodder

Keep crying kebab.

is it now? the köppen climate classification for the whole metropolitan france is Cfb, warm temperate, fully humid and warm summers while most of anatolia is either Csa (warm temperate, steppe, hot summer) or Csb (warm temperate, steppe, warm summer), implying a dry climate which results in cold winters and dry summers

>Tatar-mongol from Eurasian steppes calling me Kebab

kek'd

Codeword is steppe.

Have you ever heard about Russian Empire?

actually it is small s, which means summer dry
I fucked up while writing

Yeah, a huge shithole full of serfs, wildlings, tatars, cossacks and all kind of asian scum

And how it disproves my take?
Kebeb

To be fair the "Ottoman tolerance" was a bit of a meme on it's own, unless you wanna call Jim Crow laws "tolerant" Ottoman policy was mostly the same as the prior Caliphates as they all had large Christian populations, they were tolerant because they had to be. Notice how during WWI after they lost the Balkans and Egypt (Areas with large Christian populations) They went full Hitler on their remaining Christian subjects.

it was the most powerful country in Europe at some point. All the Christian countries had to join together to keep them in check

2 questions for you.

1. Are you Russian Orthodox or Ukrainian Orthodox?

2. Are you more Germanic or Slavic?