What would happen if they declare independence?

What would happen if they declare independence?

Attached: 2000px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China.svg.png (2000x1333, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dia.mil/Portals/27/Documents/News/Military Power Publications/China_Military_Power_FINAL_5MB_20190103.pdf
businessinsider.com/dia-report-warns-that-china-may-soon-be-ready-to-fight-2019-1
qz.com/1518787/taiwans-indigenous-people-remind-xi-jinping-it-has-never-belonged-to-china/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WW3

China will scream, holler, and curse for a while but there's nothing they can really do about it in the end.

Honestly just big diplomatic incident, China won't destroy their economy and risk regime change just to stop them.

Won't they invade?

If they actually had the capability to invade Taiwan, it would have happened a long time ago.

PLA would immediately invade. balls in USA court if they want to help them with actual boots on the ground.

right now china is giving no reason for countries to be aggressive to them. invading taiwan would create an enormous dominos pizza effect that would destroy what china has built.

they have the capability, but they don't want to sour relations with the US. Same reason why the US hasn't supported Taiwan's independence

On the contrary.
China could invade and it would be difficult for the United States to stop it. And it becomes more difficult by the day.

I recall they threatened invasion in the 90s and all it took was a quick visit from the US 7th Fleet to convince them otherwise.

t. james chang

Their naval and logistics capabilities aren't good enough to pull off a military venture of this scale.

he ain't wrong. china is catching up in military the same way the are catching up economically. china in the 70's to 90's were significantly easier to deal with in military and economically.

t. james smith

>flag
do i even need to say

James Chang, the summation of US army intelligence. Whichever, you know?

dia.mil/Portals/27/Documents/News/Military Power Publications/China_Military_Power_FINAL_5MB_20190103.pdf
businessinsider.com/dia-report-warns-that-china-may-soon-be-ready-to-fight-2019-1

China in 90's was technologically inferior to even the Iraqi army and after seeing the gulf war they shat their pants and realised how outmatched they'd be in a war against America

honestly, they ain't far enough to make it a big issue. the PLARF is able to hit every inch of taiwan. the sheer size of china's miliary compared to taiwan makes a successful invasion possible. without outside help, the USA, it's not a issue of if they can take taiwan. it's how much they want to invest in the invasion.

we quite literally do

that's great david, you care to actually make an argument?

not in any meaningful way

no i dont need to read chinese propaganda lol. china is the worlds biggest paper tiger

,,, it't not even propaganda. in the 70's to 90's china was arguably far weaker then it was now in economics. if they are strong now economically and they are spending more on their military, it's fucking reasonable to assume that their military is better now then i was in the 70's and 90's. how fucking delusional do you have to be to not acknowledge this reasonable assumption?

Bro, just don't reply to these threads.

powerful relative to who? they are still weak compared to america and its allies

It's right next door, and they've invested in the mainland expeditionary infrastructure to make the invasion a reality for decades.

they are already independent country

relative to their sphere of influence. imagine this, in the 40-50's they were almost conquered by Japan. in the 60's they almost lost a proxy war in N.korea. this was when they were as poor as africa. fast forward 60-70 years. their GDP goes from 70billion (1965) to 12240billion(2017).

you think they would be easier to deal with NOW? than they were before? you're fucking delusional.

China can just play the long game and get it back through demographics and policy. Like how they're working on their colonies in West Canada and Australia.

Clay grabbing war is too hard these days, even for big powers.

Disclaimer: Any leaf posters in a China thread will be summarily hidden and ignored.

That's not how war works.
We can't deploy what they can deploy as fast or in the same numbers, since we have global responsibilities and aren't sitting right next to it.
Once a fait accompli, it becomes a question of "what are we fighting for". We have very little to gain since retaking it would be nigh impossible without ending up in nukes, and it's not clear how much global support there would be.
Taiwan lacks the political leverage to warrant the rest of the globe trashing relations with China. It would be bad for them, but not a deal breaker. In the long run, everyone would move on mostly unchanged.

Just calling it like I see it. They hold more cards than we do in this.

And 20+ years later, absolutely nothing has changed. They actually only started issuing soldiers modern underwear two years ago instead of a loincloth.

If they do declare independence I doubt their national flag will still be the same.

Attached: Flag_of_World_Taiwanese_Congress.svg.png (2000x1105, 40K)

Ah damn it I got baited into replying. But yea, modern clay grabbing wars are too expensive and costly. Human capital is precious.

New wars will be fought over space exploration, nuclear power, and economic might.

Attached: 1549410404827.jpg (625x626, 109K)

We would sink their Third World navy in about two weeks.

not him but I mean, who knows?
It's surely too risky for Taiwan to declare independence now. Also, It's really risky for China to invade Taiwan even if they declare independence. No one knows they would actually fucking do it or not.

lol isn't that the nigerian flag

meant for

qz.com/1518787/taiwans-indigenous-people-remind-xi-jinping-it-has-never-belonged-to-china/

Lal.

>qz.com/1518787/taiwans-indigenous-people-remind-xi-jinping-it-has-never-belonged-to-china/
Who the fuck taught these indigenous Abos how to read Chinese?

this.

China has no influence in Taiwan, but delusionally thinks it belongs to them.

Immediate invasion. The reason we downgraded from a mutual defense to the current Taiwan Relations Act was so Taiwan won't unilaterally secede and drag us into a war.

>in other news, native americans remind drumpf the continent doesnt belong to wh*Tes
who gives a shit about abos

Taiwan has had 70 years to plan for this. They have a 1 million man army and the west coast of the island is strongly fortified.

the problem is, Nkorea taught China that if America is unwilling to use Nuclear weapons when they have superior ability, they are unwilling to commit totally to a foreign invasion. if china invades Taiwan and fails, it doesn't really matter, they will never renounce ownership of it. it's only a temporary setback to them. America? can you see them devoting american lives to protect taiwan over a period of time? they couldn't even stomach Vietnam when they had superior military. in my opinion, it is reasonable that China wants a peaceful unification with Taiwan. but if the chips fall, i don't think they will hesitate in invading, even if it costs them dearly.

This is ironic because the indigenous people of Taiwan vote heavily in favor of Kuomintang who identifies Taiwan as Chinese. They are actually in beef with the supporter base of Taiwan independence.

maybe we will care about their opinion if they evolve beyond dancing naked in jungle with coconuts while pooping in a ditch

That's a god awful looking flag. Even if that did happen (which it won't), the national language will still be CHINESE.

hi, 习皇帝。

Feeling insecure aircraft carrier?

all chinks should leave Taiwan. Taiwan belongs to the Austronesian race.

Attached: Tsou_youth_of_Taiwan_(pre-1945).jpg (760x1148, 135K)

>if china invades Taiwan and fails,
This scenario would be the ultimate PR disaster for the CCP and probably lead to rioting and revolution in the streets.

Attached: 151114429415.png (353x321, 215K)

>implying everyone on Jow Forums isnt just one english teacher talking to himself while switching proxies
i agree. they are the last bastion of the pure austronesian homeland.
other austronesians either got their culture ARAB'D or CHINK'D or POO'D.

What should've happened in 1949 and 1964

you guys are retarded. They are already an independent country.

repillled. the only non brainlet here I see. have a cookie

>other austronesians either got their culture ARAB'D or CHINK'D or POO'D
the Dayak Man says otherwise

Attached: gettyimages-817242602-1024x1024.jpg (684x1024, 321K)

you're seriously underestimating how indoctrinated mainland residents are to how Taiwan is part of China. it's a 'whatever it takes' philosophy. notwithstanding the fact that china's military, compared to taiwan, is like the USA invading Algeria.

even your flag doesn't recognize Taiwan was a independent country. are you deluded?

i heard many converted to islam or christianity over time
they should revert back to based animism

Trade = Submit of vassalage
its their tradition since ancient times

declaring independence means saying you are no longer part of a particular state. The Republic of China never claimed to be part of the PRC in the first place. There is nothing to declare independence from

we will completely destroy u guys just like the old times and be our slaves

communist chink blood will also flow in Taiwan just like 1965

Attached: Untitled.png (1390x46, 10K)

aside from it's actually an independent country or not. there's a known issue about “formally declaring independence”

OP exactly says “What would happen if they declare independence?”

>The Americans are committed to defending Taiwan in the event of a Chinese invasion under the Taiwan relations Act of 1979. However, if Taiwan declares full independence from China, which China would consider an act of war, the US is not bound to come to its rescue, as the declaration would be considered provocative.

how are you here?

not to the PRC maybe but both the Ming and Qing fully controlled it

>formally declaring independence

Would that basically mean that they relinquish their own identity as the Republic of China but as the Island of Taiwan? So they are basically declaring independence from themselves....

how? with ur spears and rocks????lmao

wouldnt they prefer not to do that since they consider themselves a chinese government in exile?

-100 Social Credits for involving with anti-PRC propaganda

sorry buddy

the future of chink colonizers

Attached: Tribe-Dayak-Head-Hunters-Heads1.jpg (640x350, 200K)

It would basically mean “Fuck One-China policy” but in a formal way

are those chinese indonesian?

Why do they declare independence instead of mainland recovery?
Does it deny their identity?

Attached: 1541373082683.png (420x387, 11K)

be very afraid chinaman....

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 30K)

Nah, the PRC considers Taiwan to be the 23 province even though its under the administration of the ROC. The ROC cant formally declare independence from the PRC stating it's not the 23 province, because doing so would provoke the PRC and void the act which Taiwan relies on for American protection in the event of an invasion.

all u can do are kill """chinese"""" sea mutts in your jungle lol. if you ever step in china u will be raped

chinks will learn to fear the Austronesian bull...

Attached: -DeadChineseChristians.jpg (572x315, 95K)

I don't get it, why can't the PRC just completely blockade Taiwan from the outside world, collapsing their economy, while supplying it with food from the mainland so that no one dies. This would be within legality from the UN and if the ROC attacked the Chinese blockade, then the PRC would have justification in a full on invasion.

oh muhammad, raping young girls again? come on... youre better than this lol

>youre better than this
why you think so highly of them

i dont lol
nigga please, ive been on Jow Forums since i was 10, this doesnt faze me at all lmao

That pic is not Indonesia tho

See . Their best bet is invade and claim control as fast as possible when/if Taiwan declares independence, American politicians will feel more pressed to act the longer the conflict continues, and in this case the pressure would start building up from the moment the blockade started.

Dayak vs madurese
Bali bombing pic

this is why based China has all the rights to put ragheads in concentration camps

So pretty much, a blockade could give too much time to rally American support for full involvement?

Depends on who is on office but it's plenty of time for the stakes to get higher. Media and people will pick up on it, some politicians will surely want to declare full support to Taiwan (maybe hoping the declaration itself will make china back down), and it overall increases the likeability of American involvement when shit hits the fan. A quick invasion in reaction to independence might be enough for the world to think "well it happened and nothing can't be done about it now", and makes China seem much less aggressive than an unprovoked invasion.

Because they'll get punished with sanctions that might tank their economy.

"china" aka Mao's shithole = communist wasteland

Taiwan = awesome country

USA along with Canada NZ UK Aus and friends should help based Taiwan bros declare independence. I'd fight for their independence and that's saying a lot because I wouldn't even fight for Canada in a war.

China will not invade Taiwan by millitaric power

But China going to attack taiwan by economic power.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHA HAH H AAH AH AH AHAH AAHAHAAAAA