What's the most stupid a foreigner ever said to you about your country?

What's the most stupid a foreigner ever said to you about your country?

Me
>American girl: OMG do you eat eggs here too?

Attached: 1552543973015.jpg (1197x900, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X3TM8EG5NwA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>american
>"Namastae " -to a South indian
That's Like saying Konichiwa to Chinese

>"Is it true Canadians don't celebrate Christmas?"

>"Is Singapore a part of China?"

The fact that you feel the need to explain this one shows how insignificant the event was.
You're all brown.

>OMG you speak hieroglyphs?
an American
he was dead serious

Some frenchoids asked me if we have hot water

American boomer asked if most people had running water in France

There are no foreigners where i live

>American guy: and what do you do when you get sick? You know like flu, fever, diarrhea...?
>Me: we go to the doctor.
>American guy: oooohhhh...

She asked me if I have internet.... On the internet

Attached: 1523384551091.jpg (640x477, 70K)

>LOL Montenegro? You can't just say that
westernoids deserve "Begone 3/4" - The highly anticipated sequel to the plague

Nice to know we still make you inferior people salty

only because of how uncomprehensively dumb most of you are

It's one of the side effects of being monolingual.

I'm a native San Franciscan and this happened to me once

>be me
>strolling in the park near the golden gate bridge
>EXCYOOOOOOSE MEE
>a family of chinks behind me
>HOU DO WE GET TO ZE GORDEN GATE BLIDGE
>sir, you just walk up this path to the bridge
>TRANK YOU
>whew, go on my way, thinking this is over
>on my way back, they are still here
>"hey, did you guys get lost or something?"
>they get mad at me for making them pay money
>but the toll station is only for cars
>mfw

Attached: gentoo_nigga.jpg (500x500, 15K)

For some reason, people think that we don't have summer and that we're all white

Yesterday:
>American makes thread about "Oktoberfest" in Brazil;
>German poster posts webm of people sniffeing cocaine at said event;
>American makes fun of "muh heritage" brazilians and says it would rather party and talk about 'bizarre' literature with people shown on said webm;
>The people on the video are all Brazilians;
>Brazil actually has an extensive literary library said american obviously never heard about

/typical

>You're Greek? So are you an anarchist?

Once I was walking in Reforma Business District in Mexico City (pic) and a group of Japanese girls asked me where they could find Mexican donkeys, "donkeys? I don't know" they left somewhat mad. We have burros but not in the middle of the city.

Attached: images (72).jpg (738x416, 48K)

It's a bit awkward how people fix on this image of the tall, blond, russian women, when other archetypes are just as cute, or more so.

Attached: evg.jpg (340x200, 8K)

I mean singapore has pretty significant historical ties to china and is literally a chinese diaspora
it's not politically part of china but it's very well connected to china, ethnically, culturally, through business

What's Russia's hottest place? What temperature is registered as the highest?

How tf do they connect those things?
no

That he thought Chile and Uruguay were part of Argentina, he was sure an Argie on a hostal told convinced him of that, we were in Colorado

everything I said is true

If your country was worth a damn, we'd actually bother to learn your cultural norms

an icelandic friend of mine thought istanbul was a massive desert and we had camels here.

Moscow can get up to 38 celcius in the summer.

that's a lie and you know it, and it's not about cultural norms anyways, it's about the sheer ignorance of most of you guys, i've seen Americans that don't know where France is
i've seen Americans claiming that Africa was a country

This desu. They are mostly unaware, and display their ignorant assumptions with pride.

If I had to guess, it's because there's always going to be "anarchists" throwing stuff at the cops in every big protest in Athens, so it makes the news.

huh, if I ever went to mexico, I bet the stupidest thing I'd do is call dishes the wrong names.

unless you're an aboriginal, you ain't a native lol.

Attached: tumblr_po2s4qfp2D1r058cd_500.png (345x614, 279K)

learn to english muhammad, "native" can mean "born in the place"

tbf, your anarchists are woke af.

should change the thread title from most stupid a foreigner ever said to just shit american said
and believe you me, i live among these fucking people

Some people are surprisingly stupid. I assure you most Americans wouldn’t ask such a dumb question.

The average american gives no shit about a foreign country that isn't Canada or mexico, whom we border. You fags hardly know anything about America outside of California or New York so you don't exactly have room to talk

that's a dumb meaning when your ethnic root doesn't even belong to the land your ancestors have murdered and pillaged for lmao

I wouldn't be caught in a shithole like mexico to start with

>we'd actually bother to learn your cultural norms
You don't know the cultural norms of any country

should've hit back with "is it true americans don't celebrate easter?"

You can file a complaint to the Department of English Interpretation and Licensing, 150 Shite Street, London, United Caliphate

>The average american gives no shit about a foreign country that isn't Canada or mexico
Then explain this

Learn what term "average" means then get back to me

i still don't get where the fuck all that rabbit eggs shit have to do with easter

>can't come up with a counter-argument
>doesn't want to admit he's wrong
>has a tantrum instead
typical incel mentality lmao
but thanks for accepting that you're not a native

Attached: tumblr_p07cmhO7dU1sm066vo1_1280.jpg (1024x1000, 202K)

its always funny how europeans laugh about americans not knowing where various countries in europe are, but if you asked them where west virginia is or anything else about the states themselves they wouldn't know, even though the states are more comparable to european countries and the usa to the eu as a whole itself

What does a Coca-Cola fat old man giving presents have to do with the birth of Christ?

Uhhh it’s kinda complicated, but bunnies and eggs are all symbols of birth and new life. Easter celebrates the re-birth of Jesus. The fact that it coincides with spring gives it more symbolism.

>blames the language, not me for being stupid
>hahaha can't come up with a counter-argument
lolwut?

My Chinese student
>points directly at me on 2nd day of class
>YOU ARE AMERICAN.
>Do you have a gun?
Everyone knows you get a gun after your circumcision here

beat me, i thought it has something to do with the 3 wise men come in and giving gift? im not christfag so i dont really know

Santa is based on Saint Nicholas (Santa = Saint, Claus = Nicolas) who has his feast day Dec 6. Normally it his own day (Dec 6) but it got merged in with other tradition after the Prot Reformation. Coca Cola thing is a myth Coca Cola might've help to popularize Red+White but they are also very common bishop color, pic related

Attached: 1535968125281.jpg (450x600, 46K)

If you say that here in front of the Chinese Singaporeans they’ll go ballistic on you
Sure this country had ties with China but no one here in their right mind would support China and almost everyone here looks down on mainlanders
We are our own nation with no loyalties to anyone and anyone who disagreed can rightly fuck off

Yeah I think people who don't live in america also have a bit of a warped perception of american as well, but like in a sorta positive way. Like they think american are from a rich country so they should know more about the world since you are rich and travel around blah blah blah. But the reality is that the average american never travel outside of america, and a large number don't even leave their own state. That may sounds like some crazy shit for people to comprehend esp on a board like Jow Forums, but it is true

I'm Orthodox and we celebrate Saint Nick. You clean your boots and get candy or don't and get a stick for your parents to whoop your ass with.

Do parent ever really wupp your butt? Or just a threat?

I said you're not a native if you're not aboriginal, user. that's a pretty simple sentence, yet you're confused by it.

Because our country is large while our population density is low. The average american is only going to be familiar with the states they border, not what's on the other side of the country. I give no fucks about the west coast for example

Some Americans said they wanted to move here in case Trump won in 2016.
Pic related is why that's a bad idea

Attached: KORJRWAZ7JP5PKK4ENX53SEIVM.jpg (620x459, 27K)

It's mostly a threat. Like how you get coal if you've been bad. Physical punishment was phased out in schools during the '90s but some people at home still subscribe to the "I made you so I can bloody well kill you" school of thought.

If you're not familiar with the other parts of America, they why are you so confident about declaring what the average American is like.

that sentence is wrong, because of the meaning of the word "native". What is so hard to understand about the fact that there are many meanings of the word "native"?

Caliphate when?

Attached: trudeau.png (626x880, 849K)

What are some hardcore orthodox traditions that you've experienced? I grew up roman catholic and even got confirmation but after teenager years i'm pretty much an atheist now

Not him, but "native" (lower case) means just "born in a place".

You are thinking of Native Americans, which is a euphemism for indigenous Americans.

Yes I am mestizo so i am part native
Aliso aboriginal is a gay British word

When they do travel, most of them just go to parts of a major foreign city or tourist zone where they are surrounded by English speakers and never have to be challenged by different cultural norms, cuisine, etc. It's as if they never left home.

You're the one having a hard time understanding the facts lol.
If you don't ethnically belong to the land, you're not native to it.
Oh, well, then he is both wrong and Wrong.
If that was the case, then I'm a native American, for I was born in Houston!
Thank you for being the only one to understand what 'native' means. Besides me, of course.

Attached: tumblr_p21eoaNS7L1wer9m4o1_500.jpg (500x666, 107K)

you have trouble understanding english

>If that was the case, then I'm a native American, for I was born in Houston!
Sure, or "native to Houston" if you don't want to cause confusion

>If you don't ethnically belong to the land, you're not native to it.
Fucking yikes please fuck off with this shit

we spell "p" as "b"

>ethnically belong to the land
lmao

Well?

Attached: BBA5BBD2-6EDE-4EC3-8554-E7F8060CCCF2.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Women must cover their head in church. Some believe women shouldn't enter the church if they're on their period. On the Epiphany, priests make a lot of holy water and spray on everything. Some throw a cross in a river and people jump after it in the freezing December water. People go under a table covered with flowers for some other religious holiday but I can't remember what that's about. I'm baptized but not very religious.

Lel
>Some throw a cross in a river and people jump after it in the freezing December water.
Whoever came up with that should get a medal

Attached: cheetah.jpg (450x450, 30K)

We also paint eggs red and then use them to break other people's eggs. One holds his egg and the other uses his to hit the top. Whoever has the egg that breaks loses. You must say "Christ has risen" and the other must reply "He has truly risen".

>Some believe women shouldn't enter the church if they're on their period
geez, I wonder how would they enforce this if they want to, some sort of trained dog to sniff it out?

White Wymyn are so retarded holy shit.

Attached: 1500148160894.gif (400x200, 240K)

Not really. But you, my friend, have a problem with facts and logic.
Begone or shut your illogical mouth, liberal snowflake!
You're the confused individual, my dear user.
See, if the Italian-Americans identify their Italian roots, and the Portuguese-Americans identify their Portuguese roots, then surely you'll concur that people of Anglo-descent are not native to the beautiful hills of California?

I am sure you'll get confused by this as well, but that is how it is with incels and their tiny brains.

Attached: tumblr_p4d51buzKe1qfji8ro2_540.jpg (540x540, 53K)

>where is the donkey show?

Attached: 155267109472.jpg (640x610, 60K)

There's usually some sort of prayer beforehand but this is what it comes down to.
youtube.com/watch?v=X3TM8EG5NwA

I never said I wasn't familiar, just that I didn't care. I spoke in context to how most people are here. Many don't travel beyond the country and some never even leave their state. I've been through the Midwest and east coast but hardly traveled through any of the south or west coast. Only west coast state I've visited is Arizona. Great fucking place

Shaming usually works. A lot of Orthodox priests are still pretty big on that. One told my 3-year old sister that Santa isn't real and only God is.

I would direct them towards Parliament but maybe Mexican politicians aren't as bad as ours.

kek
you are right, he should've directed them towards a politician's office

My family has been here for untold centuries, I am native.

If its a religion thing its about personal honor rather than "enforcement". Same way you 'enforce' fasting or blessing yourself at church door.

>France is as relevant as west Virginia
>not knowing about west Virginia is as bad as not knowing that Africa is not a country

Attached: 1552009430697.jpg (500x500, 176K)

You really don’t celebrate Christmas on the 25’th? Even Japanese people tend to celebrate it despite not being Christian usually when they do.

>isn't falafel israeli why do you guys love it so much

i had to fight the urge to stomp that american thot to death

We do. We switched to the Gregorian calendar a while ago. I was only noting that we didn't compound St. Nicholas with Christmas.

IIRC, December 25th isn't really that Christian of a date

Its the date used for most of Christiandom. There's a common rumored origin where the date came from a Roman festival but that's a myth.

Girl is also Canadian. But I mentioned I was of Bosnian descent because my last name is a give away. she asked me where it was I told her east from Italy. she then responded.
>oh so you're asain?

In Japan, one of the biggest retail chains is called Don Quixote and since they can't pronounce it they call it "Donki".

Do you celebrate both the usual gregorian new year and Orthodox New Year as well?

shocking.

genuine concern since all your plumbers are in britain