British comedy

>British comedy
>wide variety of jokes ranging from nuanced to over the top, from simple puns to more complex forms of comedy like absurdism etc.
>most top-rated comedy shows and films worldwide were produced by the British

>American comedy
>hehe sex and farts and poop xD
>so pathetic that they have to include a laugh track so that people know what the funny parts are supposed to be
>considered to be bottom of the barrel trash by the whole world, including Americans themselves

Attached: 1552915573353.gif (320x310, 2.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CPqGt0ZI_1k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

American comedy shows would be funny if they didn’t have that forced Laugh track

>Sheldin wats komputör
>Benny u so domb lole
*pause*
>BERNARDESCHI

That’s it. That’s pretty much every American “comedy”. The Office is the only decent American TV show that’s funny and even that is because of the absence of a laugh track.

>americans can't be fu-

I likes "little Britain" used to watch it with my dad.

It was an alright show, it just got stale in the later seasons when they pretty much stopped making new characters for their sketches

k

Yes that's true but I used to watch it when I was relatively young and it's one of my only recurring good memories with my dad

Except the best comedy ever is American...

Attached: Sneed's_feed_and_seed.png (640x480, 222K)

modern comedy sucks everywhere
comedy is dead, just like punk rock

Laugh tracks kill American shows. Just mindless white noise

That is where you are wrong. Skeptic youtube is gold

Attached: AlphaMale.jpg (500x500, 46K)

>simpsons
formerly a great show. overall it's more shit than good

Americans do excel at animated comedy shows though, in fact they produce best ones. Beavis and Butthead, ATHF, South Park, XRA, Sealab 2021, King of the Hill, Venture Bros. among others are all good American animated comedy shows.

I genuinely believe that the first 7 seasons are far superior to any other comedy made. The fact the past two decades have been garbage doesn't retroactively diminish the earlier stuff.

this is the finest comedy ever made and its british. utterly flawless and never stale.
first two seasons of the simpsons are still finding its feet and the show quality started to crack at 6

Attached: 2C75AAC800000578-0-From_left_Sybil_Prunella_Scales_Manuel_Andrew_Sachs_Basil_John_C-a-84_14425937776 (634x1083, 184K)

Based and Simpsonspilled

british comedy is overrated
its all cringe humour now

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOOK HE DID THE SILLY WALK AHAHAJAHAHAJAJAHAHAJAJAJAHAHAHAAJH

Attached: 220px-Ministry_of_Silly_Walks.jpg (220x174, 10K)

one might say it sucks and fucks now

Americans are better at comedy with narrative

>posts a joke from 11th season
lmaoing @your life
based
they used to show episodes of fawlty towers in my english class, the whole show also aired here somewhere around 2006 or something on national tv

that sketch is overrated. more iconic than gut busting.

cheese shop is close to the best youtube.com/watch?v=CPqGt0ZI_1k

I can’t stand American comedy these days, just fucking awful. And you have situations like the Amy Schumer - Netflix shitshow where it just goes to show that bad humor can’t be chastised.
Except if it’s edgy and doesn’t conform to their soft and safe innuendo standards, then it doesn’t deserve a platform, of course.

>Amy Schumer
prime example of what OP was talking about

Attached: amyschumer.jpg (960x960, 135K)

Malcom in the Middle, It’s Always Sunny, Arrested Development, all american

I'm Alan Partridge is consider one of the British comedy greats yet has a soundtrack

BAZINGA

laugh track, is what I meant to say

>It’s Always Sunny
shame about the later seasons, the show turned into a parody of itself

let's pretend this doesn't exist

Attached: mrs browns boys.jpg (960x1440, 390K)

it's good but quite depressing. more so than the office

looks like a bootleg Hyacinth

very few things in the world are more overrated than british humour

based

nah woody and tinny words are the best

post cleese shite

also king of the hill, one of the greatest sitcoms came out of the states

comedy shows are shit. They have to appeal to the masses. In Britain that means they aren't allowed to be funny (don't want to upset anyone) and in America that means they have to be stupid (can't confuse the non-whites.) Real comedy is when a comedian is allowed to do what he wants. Even the process of editing isn't inherently bad, and can actually enhance it.

>Monty Python and the Holy Grail
>Shawn of the Dead
>Scott Pilgrim
Cringe

>Naked Gun
>Scary Movie
>Hot Ones!
Based

The only good things that came out of British comedy are Peep Show and Bridget Jones. Ok, Sacha Baron Cohen is good too.

just finished Blackadder, what do i watch next, i haven't actually felt happy after watching a show in a while

Peep Show was alright
Fawlty Towers was great
If you like Simon Pegg then Spaced maybe

this, that or panel show circlejerks

We have Eric Andre

I really love peep show, it's the only programme I've ever cried laughing at

sneed

shut the fuck up about race already you obsessed freak

>Jow Forums is for respectful discussion of world cultures. Trolling will not be tolerated.

Attached: pipovodhape11.png (522x747, 210K)

Dumbest post I've read today and of course from an american flag

Enjoy The Inbetweeners?