Did you know that a lot of the Japanese-Americans that came here during the 1800s are from the very same areas that we...

Did you know that a lot of the Japanese-Americans that came here during the 1800s are from the very same areas that we nuked and bombed during WWII? Here is the reaction of a Jap-Ameri when she found out about Hiroshima's destruction.

Attached: IMG_3321.jpg (1279x3166, 935K)

Sad. It's retarded how some Americans still rationalize the use of nuclear weapons.

cringe

I guess you think Dwight D Eisenhower is cringy.

> "During his recitation of the relevant facts, I had been conscious of a feeling of depression and so I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and secondly because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives. It was my belief that Japan was, at that very moment, seeking some way to surrender with a minimum loss of 'face'. The Secretary was deeply perturbed by my attitude..." - Dwight Eisenhower

>Harbouring positive thoughts/loyalty to an enemy nation/people
eww

Attached: OhDear.gif (300x303, 2.98M)

yeah he was cringe

This
There was no justification for it
The killing of so many civilians would be a war crime if committed by any other country

It's the better outcome. A mainland invasion would have resulted in fifteen million more dead instead of just two hundred thousand.
Source?
She was a Japanese-American. The Japanese wanted to be accepted in their new home so it makes sense.

Attached: IMG_3319.jpg (3878x2445, 1.69M)

>believing the dumb shit the military claimed

there is absolutely no proof behind the idea that more civilians would have died had the atomic bombs not been dropped

there is absolutely no proof that the atomic bomb *needed* to be dropped whatsoever in order to force Japan to surrender

there is absolutely no proof that ANOTHER bomb was needed after the first was dropped

The generals in the US military were out for blood, and they got it

>the highest population of japanese christians were in nagasaki and hiroshima
based

Attached: 1540220987023.png (486x494, 92K)

>there is absolutely no proof behind the idea that more civilians would have died had the atomic bombs not been dropped
Someone didn't pay attention in history class. The leaders of Japan had been preparing for a mainland invasion; everyone regardless of age or gender was expected to fight to death or commit suicide. You do know that hundreds of Japanese threw themselves off cliffs during the invasion of Okinawa and Iwo Jima, right? The evidence is there, you just don't like it.

First off
>Reddit Spacing
That explains this retarded opinion. Second:
>there is absolutely no proof behind the idea that more civilians would have died had the atomic bombs not been dropped
Someone didn't pay attention in history class. The leaders of Japan had been preparing for a mainland invasion; everyone regardless of age or gender was expected to fight to death or commit suicide. You do know that hundreds of Japanese threw themselves off cliffs during the invasion of Okinawa and Iwo Jima, right? The evidence is there, you just don't like it.

>"I believe everything the government tells me!"

Attached: 1553220149853s.jpg (218x231, 7K)

It would have been a horrible, horrible bloodbath. Many of us wouldn't even be here because our grandfathers would have died invading Japan. Lord knows, I wouldn't.

>would be a war crime
It was a war crime. People may not acknowledge that, but that doesn't change the fact that it was.

You act like only the United States were fighting against Japan.

Remember who defeated Nazi Germany? Hint: it wasn't you guys

Like how France were meant to fight like hell, just as in WW1?

I think pretty much every top commander objected to dropping it: Eisenhower, MacArthur, Nimitz, even LeMay iirc

>There is no proof that is case
>Here is proof that should be basic knowledge
>N-NO! THAT DOESN'T COUNT!
Not sure what you want me to say. Have fun living a lie.
If the Soviets didn't mop the floor with you already and you didn't surrender, there is a possibility we would have glassed Berlin too. Is that what you want?

I don't know much about France during WWI other than the beginning of the war to shortly after the end of Verdun, so you could be right.

>there is a possibility we would have glassed Berlin too
No because Germany is a white country. Racist America of the 1940s wouldn't have nuked a white country.

#
Well if it was a war crime that it’s one that can be rationalized.

#
>You act like only the United States were fighting against Japan.
Yeah? Which was the only country to fight in all: the European, Mediterranean, Pacific, and Burma-China-India theaters? Hint: it’s not USSR

>Yeah? Which was the only country to fight in all: the European, Mediterranean, Pacific, and Burma, China, and India theaters? Hint: it’s not USSR.

Not relevant. My point was that the guy said it would have cost a lot of American lives. But maybe not, because the Soviets were fighting too. The combined force of Soviets and American would have been enough to make the Japanese surrender.

After what the japs did in WWII I have absolutely no sympathy for them.
People always talk about how horrible and unnecessary the nuclear bombs were, but always seem to forget that it took TWO BOMBS before the Japanese surrendered

>You act like only the United States were fighting against Japan.
We did about 80% of the fighting in the Pacific.

>The combined force of Soviets and American would have been enough to make the Japanese surrender.
Kek. You are underestimating the stupidity of the Japanese leadershipt at that time. Despite being anti-communist af they had somewhat sympathy towards the Soviets. I’m sure you’d be astonished if I tell you that they were considering to form an alliance with USSR and attack the evil Americans and Brits together when Japan holding off their surrender.

>No because Germany is a white country. Racist America of the 1940s wouldn't have nuked a white country
Your delusion if you think the average American hated Germany and Germans at that point. Are you not aware of the persecution German-Americans faced during WWI and WWII? To give you an idea, German breeds of dog were tortured simply for being German.

Anyways, from you throwing the question
>Remember who defeated Nazi Germany?
everyone can see you in this thread were makig a way for a dumb attempt to discredit the US role in WW2.

*didn't