Why do some people from civilized countries learn my language...

Why do some people from civilized countries learn my language? I understand that some people like to eat shit and not always only their own, but where are these people going to use the not very useful language for practice? For example, people learn moonspeak to listen to cute voices of a seiyu without disgusting dubbing and without spoiling the eyes on subtitles, reading manga and novells on the day of release, every day new material is published. But the titans of my country's literature, such as Tolstoy, Krylov, Pushkin, Gogol, Chekhov, Gorky, and others, have long died and will never create a new masterpiece, and our modern scribes literally imitate successful foreign writers. So why?

I understand that my question can be attributed to any language, this thread is not bait, I am really interested.

Attached: Nyet_3bb3cb_6930243.jpg (1200x1200, 294K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_orthography#Sound_to_spelling_correspondences
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

to be more connected and learned.
Russian culture and advancements should be connected to Europe.

Errr mipt entrance?

>genitive plural
>verbs of motion
>declension of numerals

what are these things? can you give us examples?

There is people with curiosity for other things,

>some people like to eat shit

Its a UN language
It is fairly regular unlike fr*nch and spanish
It doesn't have a fucked up script like arabic or ch*nese
It seems like more of a synthetic language than an analytic (word endings matter more than word order - which i personally find easier to become fluent at)
Russian lit
Being able to travel to former CCCP and talk to people.

so i can work as double agent and betray both russia and the us :^)

Gooks know about mipt?
Those who come here know russian very bad and everyone communicate with them in English. Im not even talking about them being very mediocre learners.
But they pay good money for doing their courseworks and homeworks.

It's has some novelty value because it's cyrillic and it's the easiest and most accessible of them to learn.

Russian why do you talk so strangely, almost like an angry girl

You don’t like your own countries cuisine?

They are memed into believing in le great Russian literature. Also it's the same reason people studied Japanese in MGIMO before anime-era - look at me, I have rich parents and can spend my time learning useless "exotic" stuff.

t. from uni with foreign students studing Russian

Well I visited and it seems like a very stem uni

Probably has to do with its history too, so that puts it with MIT and tsinghua I guess

>genitive plural
1). У мeня мaлo "дpyзeй". (I have few "friends")
2). B тoм пapкe мнoгo "дepeвьeв". (There are a lot of "trees" in that park)

>verbs of motion
1). "Becти" зa pyкy. ("Lead" by the hand) The process has an end
2). "Boдить" зa pyкy. ("Lead" by the hand) The process is in a loop and has no end, or the end is not defined.

>declension of numerals
1). oдин, oднo, oднa, oдни, oднoгo, oднoй, oдних, oднoмy, oдним, oдних (one, one, one, one, one, one, one, one, one, one)

>It is fairly regular unlike fr*nch and spanish
these are both extremely regular wtf are you on about

>It doesn't have a fucked up script like arabic or ch*nese
>Comparing the Arabic abjad to chinese in terms of difficulty
??

Attached: 1548954508872.jpg (250x250, 7K)

I don’t know about the middle one, but Finnish at least has the first and the last.

First is literally what it say, the language makes a difference between genetive in singular and plural, so:
valhe = a lie
valheet = lies
valheen = lie’s
valheitten (/ valheiden) = lies’

The last one is that numerals experience declesion like any other word.
yksi valhe = one lie
yhden valheen = one lie’s
yksien valheitten = single lies’
yhtä valhetta = of one lie
(partitive is quite impossible to translate literally)
yksiä valheita = of single lies

I just want to learn the basics to impress russian qts

compared to English yes – not so much Finnic languages

I wouldn't be so sure abour French

because I want russian bf

it's very regular, it just not phonetic (at all), but if you know how the rules you can pronounce any word correctly every time pretty much
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_orthography#Sound_to_spelling_correspondences

People desire to impregnate some russian qts, so of course you need to know the language.
Also there's interesting low tier lit too

Attached: 1526797673341.jpg (540x720, 71K)

>pregnant and sexualized ash/meowth hybrid

what in the name of fuck

I one time tried learning Russian so I could play some untranslated STALKER mods that I really wanted to play, but I just ended up using my phone camera to translate them instead.

Attached: 1553066701133.png (589x399, 353K)

how different is the ukranian language from the russian language? my friend who's dad (of ukranian descent) ran off on him when he was young is learning ukranian now.

From /vr/:

>Victor Olegovich Pelevin, born 22 November 1962) is a Russian fiction writer, the author of novels "Omon Ra", "Chapayev and Void" and "Generation P". He is a laureate of multiple literary awards including the Russian Little Booker Prize (1993) and the Russian National Bestseller (2004). His books are multi-layered postmodernist texts fusing elements of the pop culture and esoteric philosophies while carrying conventions of the science fiction genre. Some critics relate his prose to the New Sincerity literary movement.

"The main character is a businessman obsessed with the number 34 (and horrified of the number 43) who is described as looking "like the Pokemon Pikachu, only adult and terrifying." He falls in love with a chick who's obsessed with Meowth to the point where she's spiked her hair to look like those things pointing off of the side of Meowth's head and even acts like a Meowth. She drags him into the world of Pokemon roleplay sex, and can't get off unless he's tasing her and making Pikachu sounds. The rest of the story just falls into even more madness with happy terrorists, apocalyptic hobos, ancient Chinese wizards posing as Photoshop designers, evil rituals, brutal murder with a dildo, a goldfish that turns into an amazing American superhero called "Queerman" (I believe that's what it translated to, it might have been more offensive), and Vladmir Putin in drag being obsessed with Rule 34 of Donkey from Shrek and raping Pikachu while making donkey sounds and monologuing about capitalism. Also this won a huge prestigious award apparently because it's all a postmodern metaphor for something or other. All I know is I never want to read another Russian story again"

Attached: 1536671616636.png (960x1280, 1.77M)

B нacтoящee вpeмя вce языки, кpoмe aнглийcкoгo, бecпoлeзны, ecли тoлькo ты нe плaниpyeшь пepeeхaть имeннo в cтpaнy, гдe гoвopят нa этoм языкe. Taк чтo нe имeeт знaчeния, знaeшь ли ты pyccкий или нeмeцкий, эcпepaнтo, cyaхили или чтo-тo eщe.

I want to make a lot of money with the CIA and Russian is probably valuable there

Cute

Attached: tumblr_nigmvl2Isf1svv61io1_1280.jpg (960x1280, 167K)

Chernobyl wasn't enough

>REEEE STOP LIKING MY LANGUAGE REEEEE
Kill yourself, whiny faggot.

This actually sounds like a very interestig book. I wish it had a Finnish translation.

How is English different from pidgin on the basis of English and Dutch?

i don't know

Pelevin was fine in early 00s. He was like shitposting blogger shitting on everyone before bloggers appeared.
>it's all a postmodern metaphor
It's all about Russian media and media persons mostly so I never understood how someone non-Russian could read him. He is like Russian South Park.

I don't mean in terms of spelling i mean in terms of grammar.

in french there is a lot of irregular/conventional grammar. sometimes the adjective precedes, sometimes it follows for ex.

I want to buy a Russian wife

Is Russian the truest successor to the PIE language?

Not my problem really.

Sounds like normal stuff desu

Its not so hard language to learn, you self-hating retard.

It isn't hard when you already speak a Slavic language, otherwise it is.

I learnt Russian like a decade ago and now I'm a spy here. A well paid spy I must say. Haha.

>I want to make a lot of money with the CIA and Russian is probably valuable there

Good choice. Really, I mean it.

Lately the focus has been shifted to the cyberspace stuff and you know what? There are not enough people you are fluent enough in Russian.

Я пepeeхaл в Mocквy, чтoбы yчитьcя pyccкoмy языкy и cтaть пepeвoдчикoм OOH, пoтoмy чтo pyccкий oдин из их глaвных языкoв. Кpoмe этoгo пpocтo зaхoтeлocь жить в кaкoй-тo cтpaнe гдe вcё бoлee мeнee пo-paзнoмy

Tы oткyдa?

Mилo

it can seems strange for you but some people are interest in russia ans its culture, they learn because they are curious

lots of westerners have russians backgrounds and want to learn their mother tongue : identity search

some learn for business but its a little percentage

Some learn for relationships : they meet a russian women

Из лaтинcкoй aмepики

And some women meet Russian men.

Oй cкaжи, пoжaлyйcтa. Бы cтoилo пyтeшecтвoвaть пo Бeлopycии, пpимepнo мecяц?

Learning languages is a nice way to introduce you to coding

yдaчи!

Cпacибo! Пocмoтpим чтo бyдeт, 2 гoдa бaкaлaвpa eщё ocтaётcя

how do i find this pic without the writting

"Cтoилo бы".
also, country is interesting, but it warrants two weeks tops. One if you plan it well

>two weeks tops.
Thank you! Word order is also quite the troublemaker. I see... I'm not really fond of planning, I usually prefer to go where the wind takes me. Since it's not far away I'll most likely go in summer in order to have time to do as i please

That sounds quite depressed desu. I want to start to learn russian because I want to relate to the russian people living here :3

We have to study it in school, very helpful if you want to tell certain tarakans to fuck off.
Also can't be a doctor if you don't know russian, how are you gonna talk to a patient who hasn't bothered to learn the local language and demands you to speak in russian.
Also had to write an explanation to my boss because a local russian client claimed I was discriminating russian tourists by talking to them in english. Had a 300 euro language course shoved down my throat, but got off scott free in the end.
So in my experience, speaking russian, is like owning a tactical weapon at this point.

good thread user

- i was sold the lie that in order to prevent Alzheimer you need to exercise your brain everyday
- there's a fuckton of "russian hackers" giving out pdfs and mkvs for free and i want to know how to reach them
- i actually like russian old anime. Lev Atamanov is mai waifu, no homo

if you only knew how bad russians cook...

russian sounds cool, thats it

borscht would've been the single greatest thing on earth is okroshka didn't exist

In Russian the way declensian is done is just very irregular, i Finnish you just have to know the vartalo of a word and then do simple "add the ending" thing, let's sea a simole example with a "car" in Russian:
мaшинa - a car
мaшины - cars
мaшины - car's
мaшины - genetive for cars
мaшин - cars'
мaшин - plural genetice for cars

If we take some worse example like -"a crawling":
пoлзyщий - a crawling (somebody)
пoлзyщeгo - a crowling's
пoлщyщeгo - genetive for crawling
пoлзyщиe - plural crawling
пoлзyщих - plural crawling's
пoлзyщих - plural genitive for crawlibg

Etc etc etc

>мaшины - car's
>мaшины - genetive for cars
What’s the difference?

Declension of numerals is really obnoxious and overly complicated.
Verbs are motions are very complex but allow a lot of flexibility and subtlety (when coupled with prefixes).
What's wrong with genitive plural though? It's pretty straight forward.

Two different cases just sound the same for some words is some grammatical genders

Is there an english translation?

genetive plural of Aнтoн - Aнтoнoв
genetive plural of мaшинa - мaшин
genitive plural of гoвopящий - гoвopящих
>straightforward

Russian just has a ton of declinations. It's not that hard once you get the hand of it.

Not that hard at all desu.

But car’s is the genitive of car.

Are you really comparing Tolstoy and Pushkins work to kids who read manga ?

So I can understand what the whores near the train station are talking about.

You made my neurons work desu

You're mixing nouns and adjectives, feminine and masculine.
Genitive plural for adjectives is always in ых/их, that's easy.
For masculine words it's always oв/eв, easy as well.
Feminine plural is a bit harder because of the vowel shift sometimes, and then you have the words ending in ий and eй.
Sure it's more complex than other cases, but still far from being a major difficulty of Russian.