Would you live in an underground/basement apartment, Jow Forums? Despite efforts in China to reduce basement apartments...

Would you live in an underground/basement apartment, Jow Forums? Despite efforts in China to reduce basement apartments, they remain popular among low-wage migrant workers in major cities, with some units excavated by landlords as deep as 7 or 8 levels beneath the ground.

Attached: 0[1].jpg (1200x798, 178K)

Basement units are often half the rent of above-ground units.

Attached: 0[1].jpg (1200x798, 90K)

That's depressing.

Some units even have "windows" which open to underground passages/utility tunnels.

Attached: 2018090223152060888[1].jpg (1080x1008, 83K)

Here is a kitchen in a basement apartment unit:

Attached: 2018090223152180446[1].jpg (1080x1008, 94K)

I wouldn't mind desu. My apartment is just a place to sleep, I spend most of my time outside.

Bet it smells chronic in there

china makes cyberpunk real

not in those shitholes, but if they were reasonably well built and had benefits that would offset being underground, like not requiring heating/ac and had reasonable sound insulation from the neighbours, and the price was significantly less than above ground places I'd probably consider it
would much rather have a basement flat that still had ground access or at least two fire exits though

That's creepy

>7 or 8 levels beneath the ground.

Wtf is wrong with chinks

Attached: mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3.jpg (550x476, 32K)

It gets WORSE.

I'm feeling sick, and the mold!

Nops, nothing for me, thanks. I got a bottle of water.

I won't ever forget the image of Kowloon city desu.

I always have my blinds down anyway so why not, living above ground is overrated

In an urban area in a western country, these apartments would probably become a primary target for all kinds of burglars though, especially if they knew that even upper middle-class people lived in them.

No, that sounds awful.

>earthquake occurs
>get buried alive
Good idea.

>7 or 8 levels beneath the ground.
Ok, i'm afraid of them now.
No one in Vietnamese even want to live in an basement so they keep building new apartment one.

That happens anyway, though. Being on floor #20 of a building that collapses is just as deadly as being on floor -5.

Hell no. The Radon gas accumulated in basement and underground units are extremely dangerous to health.

That's so sad... you can't even see the sky

I’m pretty sure basements over here are more expensive than above ground building.
Most new houses don’t have them

Cyberpunk life. Image when the Chinese economy crash.

You can just use paint or wallpaper for sky.

Attached: star-murals-making-ceiling-mural-time-lapse-5839074[1].jpg (1080x810, 328K)

he has a gf. his life is better than mine

Theoretically yes, but certainly not in China. They'd have to be well ventilated and built according to Western fallout bunker standards.

You're German, you can easily get a Chinese gf that looks better than her.

Acschully burglars prefer rooftop apartments because no one ever walks by, there.

No, I'm socially awkward and boring. I will never ever have a gf

fuck that lol