Tfw you've done nothing but be loyal to Britain throughout your history and Britain still doesn't like you

>tfw you've done nothing but be loyal to Britain throughout your history and Britain still doesn't like you

Wtf, is it because we stopped singing God Save the Queen in the 60s? We still have her on our money...

Attached: 234944069.jpg (324x500, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_cringe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i've never heard a brit say anything but nice things about this country
heck my dad's a brit and he moved here

I still like you

Attached: 1508524963771.png (573x538, 149K)

Don't spend so much time on Jow Forums, absolutely noone in real life dislikes canadians

Compared to Australia, Canada gets a lot less interest in the UK but I think the main reason is we aren't very good at weird British sports

i think the main reason is because we're actually a proper country that doesn't feel like the UK, whereas australia is just bizarro UK with palm trees and scorpions instead of oaks and worms
just look at australian streets or how their police dress, its totally british. brits moving to australia dont have to acclimate to much except the sun

I like you Canada, your people are polite and your women attractive.

you're just a fusion of the UK and the USA. Not surprising since you're closer to the US

we're not a hybrid of the UK and US, we're just american colonists that decided to remain loyal to the crown. the differences between canada and the states are political, we share a north american culture.

also australia is a lot newer, and they still get large amounts of british immigrants. they haven't had the opportunity to become distinct yet

Attached: 1548454072496.jpg (962x581, 134K)

Legitimately didnt know canada was a commonwealth country until i came onto int.

Knew about australia and nz from the flag

Nobody hates Canada but it's just not a flashy cool country like Australia or the US.

but your armed forces, law , etc all bear clear hallmarks of being a former UK colony/dominion as opposed to the U.S.A. where these markers are only very faintly present.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 11K)

i hope you're joking

can you elaborate on that? the RCMP were founded when canada had home-rule, its a purely canadian institution, not a colonial one.
our civil and criminal law is based on common-law, exactly like the states, except quebec where the civil code is continental due to the french legacy. the institution of monarchy in canada is over 500 years old, starting with the ancien regime and then shifting to the british crown. canada is an old country, and has cemented its own bi-national identity based on the contributions of french and anglo canadians to build a federated state over centuries. australia still feels like a british colony.

i'll elaborate with this single image. I know you're the Canadacuck who constantly post's anti UK shit and hates the UK with a poorly disguised passion. Grow up.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

Not joking

hot damn. I knew modern Brits were woefully ignorant about the history of this place but that is horrendous

Ironically, British Bearskin hats have always been made from Canadian bear skins.

How is this an irony? The tradition stems from the grenadiers guards defeating their french counterparts at waterloo and taking their hats to wear. Of course Britain is going to source bear pelts for replacements from Canada (a British possession with bears in it). In no way is that ironic

i dont hate the UK at all im a british citizen actually through descent
im just saying canada has had a bi-national identity for literally centuries and francophones and anglophones that move here assimilate into it. its based on british and french contributions yes, but its also defined by its geographic placement on the north american continent and all that entails. its entirely different from the UK, the country was founded by frenchmen and american loyalists, whereas australia is just british colonists
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_cringe
australia's identity is much more fledgling, and self-doubting

Because you're implying the bearskin hats are a solely British cultural institution, when the concept comes from the French and the hats themselves come from Canada.
I don't know why you're being so defensive. Canada (and to a lesser extent, America) has clearly been heavily influenced by British culture, but it's very fair to say that they have their own culture. That isn't "anti UK."

The Canadian grenadier guards wear the bearskins because their British counterparts (who they are based upon) wear them. I can go into extravagant detail about the rank system, organisation, badges, colours of the Canadian Armed forces all being heavily based upon or directly copied from the British ones. This started with me claiming that Canada seems to me to be a fusion of the UK and the USA and the Canadian denying it. Here's the Canadian Royal Air Force emblem. Now go look up the UK Royal Air Force Emblem. (they also changed it in the 60's to be less like the original because of the "cultural cringe" our Canadian friend denies ever existed in Canada, literally making the motto make less sense just to be "different")

Attached: 1024px-Royal_Canadian_Air_Force_Badge.svg.png (1024x978, 386K)

and also here are the British grenadier guards. I think you'll agree the similarity goes a lot further than just bearskins.

Attached: 19D15A8A000005DC-0-image-a-8_1517527989671.jpg (634x414, 78K)

We dont learn about it at school and ive never heard anyone talking about canada irl

it is fucking shambolic how little British children are taught of their own countries heritage but desu i think thats because it would offend the neo-natives. I've shut down more than a few lefties who hold their negative opinions on the country without knowing fuck all about it just by having read 1 or 2 history books about the UK

I didn't disagree that Canada is heavily influenced by Britain.

north american split from european culture 500 years ago

Serves you right, faggots

I know you didn't but look: the maple leaf is desperate to. Keep trying Francois it's not going to happen! You are Cultural Cringe personified

When the queen dies is when people in Canada will realize we're still connected heavily to Britain and the monarchy. A lot of shit is going to be thrown into chaos then

No that’s at least 3/5ths too many ears

can you give me a quick rundown on why there isn't free trade between the provinces?