Why do people from these countries usually talk about the West as if it's a separate entity from them...

Why do people from these countries usually talk about the West as if it's a separate entity from them? Do they actually think they're their own separate civilization?

Attached: map-2.png (4592x3196, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_world
data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.CD?view=chart&year_high_desc=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they're East

Nah. Not all of them. Yes you can find lot of retards like that here. tho they are usually old people who lived through the communism era.

We have nothing in common with w*Terners

we're central Europe

What does "East" even mean in this context? Russia centric?
And

>Why do people from these countries usually talk about the West as if it's a separate entity from them?
Because it is.
They were considered different from us even before communism.

Because we are not Westerners, you fucking spic.

Proofs

Attached: European_sub-regions_(according_to_EuroVoc,_the_thesaurus_of_the_EU).png (1138x917, 61K)

>Do they actually think they're their own separate civilization?
Yes

But that's not true. They desperately want to fit in.

Why

Minus Baltics. They don't belong to the North.

Because we're not western.

They think being slavs separated them.

>Poland
>Central Europe
Lmao

Attached: EUROPE.jpg (1013x958, 461K)

Wow, Europe is really small

I

Attached: Jozef_Pilsudski1.jpg (600x831, 65K)

Because we are not like them, but we are also not like Greeks or Russians.

>ah yes, the butthurt belt...

Attached: 1541961355984.jpg (1080x1246, 119K)

Europe is not divided in half, you braindead spic. Go learn some history prior to ww2.

Did you know they have nothing? They don't even have Tigers!

I'm talking about this West, Orthodox dog. Not wether they're geographically Western Europe or not.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_world
But you're like them. Just poorer and conservative.

my post still stands.

Because this is Jow Forums light you dumb dumb

butthurt belt of europe

you have no idea about historical context, why are you pretending that you're trying to get answers when you're actually just attempting to push your ignorant worldview as valid?

Attached: Dissapointed_Sea.jpg (480x480, 58K)

We often speak of Blacks who have learned music, Blacks who are bank clerk, Blacks who can read, write, count, dance, speak
like Whites; and one admires, and one concludes that these people are fit for everything!
And beside these admissions and hasty conclusions, the same people
will be astonished by the contrast presented by the civilization of the Slav nations with ours.
They will say that the peoples of Russia, Poland, Serbia, however much more related to us than the Blacks, are civilized only on the surface; they will claim that only high classes are in possession of our ideas, thanks again to these incessant fusion movements with English, French and German families; and they will do
notice an invincible inability of the masses to merge into the movement of the Western world, although these masses have been Christian for so many centuries, and
many even have been before us!

Essay on the Inequality of the Human Races, 1853–1855

Are you joking ? They are always whining to be part of our gang, we have to remember them they aren't Westerners.

Because it's differces between us and them historically and geographically lead to a different social structure. Also we hate how they always want to force their retarded ideas on us. I don't feel guilt for colonialism for we had no colonies. I don't empathy towards degenerate, cuz fuck those animals.

>we are Catholics, but the church was always state controlled like in Ordodogs countries.
>never had the type feudalism you see in movies and you except from us
>never had a strong cities with rich citizens, like westerners had
>never had this regionalism like you had in western europe (Poles and Czechs sometimes larp, but only Silesia was like a full fledged duchy)
>never had the same population density like Westies
>we never wanted or had many of those le ebin Western liberties
>loyalty to the boss always was and always will be the only thing here that you can make you rich (ofc we always backstab each other)
>etc

Why do you guys keep telling me I'm wrong and when I ask why you just give me dumb bullshit replies that don't explain anything like "we just are, you dumb spic" "because we're not" "they are east" "lol go read a book"?

Because your posts come out as baits. We have

Skypestonians feel western
I think Czechs and Slovenians do too

*at least 5 Eastern Europe threads a day.

>We have
The only person who has bothered explaining anything and actually giving a good answer ITT is this

>Why do people from these countries usually talk about the West as if it's a separate entity from them
Mostly butthurt for throwing us to the soviets.
>Do they actually think they're their own separate civilization
No.

The west has three major factions. Anglo-americans, Continental Europe(Germany as center), and Russia.
So we are part of the west but in between two major factions.
I think that's where the confusion begins.

>The west has three major factions. Anglo-americans, Continental Europe(Germany as center), and Russia.
Russia have never been considered part of the West, nor currently is!

>they will do notice an invincible inability of the masses to merge into the movement of the Western world

Some of that was only present in parts of Western Euorpe. England, for example, broke away from the Catholic Church because the kings wanted more control over the church and wanted some of the church wealth. While I agree that western liberties are a meme, I still think Eastern Europe is part of the West aka Christendom.

C'mon bud, read his addendum before responding.

they're all part of the Russian civilization

Ofc pre-reformation. But I rather mean that Christianity is older in Westerner Europe than the the states. So the church always had this independent base of people. Here Christianity became a thing, because the kangs wanted it. So church were always more dependent on the good will of the kings. Ofc Church and state has a long history, so examples and counter examples always can be found, but my point is the local church here never had political power compared to the bishops of France or Spain.

Only Baltics and Poland

theyre eastern europe

We're mongols

That makes sense. Still, you're more like Western Europe than not even if you are your own thing.

>CentrAL eUROPE

Attached: DWY2sj2VoAAqTBJ.jpg (1200x1200, 379K)

Yes, but we're also something in between. Like Texas, it was CSA, but you would not call it Dixie.

It mostly has to do with rich/poor divide. Though today some of those countries are richer than old west nations but in general, the divide is still there. Culturally, that area is very heterogenious and therefore cannot be used as a criterium for division from the Western Europe. I'm sure Estonia has way more things in common with Finland than with Slovenia for example.

That makes sense. A lot of people use Western incorrectly so it's also not surprising that you all don't like the term.

It's pretty obvious from even the most recent political developments that those peoples have never managed to shake of their shadow of oriental despotism.

I

Attached: Mapka_miedzymorza.png (250x170, 8K)

maybe come here and find out

this. We have nothing in common with w*sterners

IMAO

Attached: 1446989072260s.jpg (125x123, 4K)

>Though today some of those countries are richer than old west nations but in general
like which?

Fixed

Attached: 1555255171280.png (4592x3196, 1.04M)

They are poor and have an Eastern mentality.

No, we think of ourselves as an uncivilized shithole living on the periphery of the west, much like latin america or the middle east.

Mostly because we know the westerners see us as racially inferior.

Poortugal

data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.CD?view=chart&year_high_desc=true

Only Eastern Europeans richer than Portuguese are Slovenians.

GDP nominal is a quite poor measurement of wealth
Median salaries in Poland and Portugal are nearly the same, and costs of living in Poland are much lower than in Portugal, therefore our standards of living are higher. Not even talking about more developed Eastern European countries such as Czechia or Estonia, that can easily compete with Spain or Italy

It's not just about wealth. Portugal is Western by culture, you are Eastern because your culture is Eastern and you are poor too.

At least Eastern European countries are getting better every year. Can you say the same for westerners?

racial prejudice

It has been implicitly made obvious to me in conversations with young Swedish and Irish people that they believe me, my people and my language to be inherently inferior to theirs.

purchasing power is a meme because you have to consider imports, Estonia wages are basically Romania tier

>little morocco is western in culture but founded by germans protestant latvia isn’t
okay

What did they say to you?

they snubbed any conversation about Slovenian topics despite being in Slovenia and scoffed at any comparison between Slovenia and their country.

What were they doing in Slovenian in the first place if they don’t like it?

*Slovenia

it's not that they didn't like the look of it, I'd say, but that they considered the people completely worthless and inferior apriori of personal experience. It's common even on Jow Forums to read opinions from Western Europeans to the effect of all Eastern European countries being the same, possessing no culture, no distinguishing features, being wrongfully independent due to not possessing a history, etc.

I AM Central Evropan.

Attached: 834.png (680x760, 191K)

you probably were being arrogant and annoying like most slovenians here

Czechia has more in common with Germany than with Poland and Hungary.

I watched a vlog by some US grunt from Aviano about his trip to Slovenia and at the start as he's getting coffee near the base he tells two girls behind the counter his intent and they seem shocked as to why a person would ever travel to Slovenia, so this racism is apparently a real thing even in Friuli.

I mean Friuli is better

Italians behave more like that than Slovenians imo
Aren't there Slovenians in Friuli?

>portugal
>morocco
t. pablo sanchez de la san antonio

Friuli has no variety like we do.

>founded by germans protestant
>protestant

my sides

Nice joke

There are like 50.000 native Slovenes in Friuli but their communities all hug the border so people from Aviano likely have no experience with them. Those girls seemed rather dismissive of a place that's so damn close to their hometown though - you can reach Venice from the Slovenian border in maybe an hour and a half by car.

I'm not saying the Germans that founded Latvia were Protestant. Learn 2 read English
Was Friuli fully Slovenian before Italy took it?

NOMINAL GDP OMEGALUL

the only ones that matters

Not at all. The ethnic borders have not changed much since the ancestors of the Slovenes failed their Slavic invasion of Italy in the early 8th century. The Slovenes thus settled the poor mountainous regions beyond the Lombard limes at Cividale/Čedad and remained economically subjected to the Italian burgers. Then, in the 11th century, after the pagan Hungarians had despoiled Friuli for a century from their base the nearby Vipava valley (now Slovenia), the patriarch of Aquileia (there was actually a roman catholic patriarch based in Friuli since Roman times) initiated a large scale repopulation project, inviting large numbers of Slovenes from Carinthia (today in Austria) to settle near the mouth of the Isonzo/Soča. Those communities adopted Friulian but also Venetia by the 15th century and the region is now curiously called Bisiacarria/Bizjakarija, which in archaic Slovene would signify a place populated by Croats speaking the near-Slovenian Kajkavian dialect. The uskoks, migrant Serbs and Croats, were in fact documented in the 16th century further to the south near Trieste as the city council struggled with local landholders to accomodate Slavic colonists.

t. former Slovenian history student

Sorry.
We have to take purchasing power, divide it by the position of Poland on the interstellar universe without forgetting to minus the prosperity of the economic neighborhood and putting communism in the equation, then we add the gibs and we can see Poland and Portugal are nearly the same.

>since the ancestors of the Slovenes failed their Slavic invasion of Italy in the early 8th century. T
Tell me about this

>hose communities adopted Friulian but also Venetia by the 15th century and the region is now curiously called Bisiacarria/Bizjakarija, which in archaic Slovene would signify a place populated by Croats speaking the near-Slovenian Kajkavian dialect
Are you saying the Slovenes got Italianized?

The Slavic incursions into Friuli, which took place between the late 6th century and 705, were not given great weight by chroniclers, as they were usually the result of a feud between Lombard nobles in which one side bribed the Slavs to invade the other's lands. The Slavs congregated in ring-forts called gradišča, situated on the Carst/Kras/Carso plateau east of Friuli and Trieste. One Lombard duke of Friuli was notably ambushed by the primitive Slavs, who rolled a large rock down a hillside, crushing him under his horse. I recall reading about another episode where the patriarch ventured to the Slavs to either avert an attack or convert them but they fell over laughing at his vestments, shouting 'here comes the noble lady!'. But in 705 the Lombards decisively defeated the Slavs and no further incursions were attempted. My memory of this subject is not great as it has been some time and I only picked up this info by chance in the Slovenian historical association's periodical many years ago.

Yes. There are places near Monfalcone with names like Belgrado (cf. Belgrade) and Gradisca (cf. gradišče, the previously mentioned Slovenian name for a gorod or ring-fort)

>Are you saying the Slovenes got Italianized?
Yes many of us furlans have slavic roots

> ironically my surname mean ''hungarian' in venetian language

And when I write the Slavs were primitive, I mean that they had no knowledge of iron casting, which has led some historians to charaterise King Samo, the Frank (or Jew)who became the first Slavic monarch as an arms merchant. The Slavs lived in ring-forts or dugout huts and travelled over long distances in a sort of canoe hewn from a single tree trunk such as can still be found today from Siberia to just north of Trieste, where it is locally known as a čupa.

> furlans dislike slovenes

Maybe if you didn't randomly throw them into Carnic holes in the late '40s their opinion of your people would have been a lot better i think

i was told by a slovene once that crossing the border with italy was like crossing the border into the middle east

made me kek'd a bit

That's a shockingly ignorant statement. From what I know, mostly city-dwellers from the coast who had ties to fascists were murdered by the partizans as it was not a case of ethnic but ideological cleansing.

>crossing the border into the middle east
>Friuli
>one of the richest EU regions with thei highest certified IQ of the whole west
> ''middle east''

That's not Sicily or Calabria. Maybe your friend need new glasses

Do you get discriminated by Italians?
>Carnic holes
What's that?

I got a similar feeling the last time I was there after a long while, but purely climate-wise. It was like entering a hothouse.

isn't slovenia pretty rich itself? and i don't think he was talking about development but more how the people look like (obviously italians are swarthy)