Wage Slave Support Group

Hey Jow Forums,

today was a good day at work. Not only did I have the short middle shift (9:00 till 15:00) instead of the early one (5:00 till 14:00), my supervisor also badly messed up cutting a piece of cake which he then had to write off. Before throwing it away he offered it to me and I gladly accepted. It was delicious although I had to eat it in the kitchen next to the garbage bin. Oh and after work my feet didn’t hurt as badly as usual, probably because of the shorter shift.

How was your work day/week?

Attached: Apu-Baker.jpg (900x623, 167K)

Stirb du Lohnschaf

Have to work tomorrow again, but just one week, took a few days off over Easter.

Machst du das Vollzeit oder um dir Studium oder so zu finanzieren?

Had to do extra work because next week is shorter (thu-fri off due holy week)

Had to refactor a shit lot of slow/buggy junior dev code, attended a few meetings were we secured the production of a companion application to the main one we're developing, and we also managed to extend the period of paid support from 2 years to 4 years. I also led a team where we moved a bunch of our internal services from Google Cloud to Digital Ocean (because it's cheaper). I also talked a lot to the qt new web design intern but found out she has a kid and a boyfriend FUGGG

t. Startup CTO

I dropped out of uni recently because of some mental health shit, money issues and not actually caring about my degree anymore (philosophy; go ahead, laugh). And since I didn’t wanna go on welfare I buckled up and applied to a bunch of entry level jobs that asked for no prior experience.

So here I am, selling you your buns and breads for 155 hours a month. Could be worse, honestly, but I gotta get some custom-made shoes and gel inlays soon. Standing/walking around for nine hours straight with only 30 minutes of break is no joke in shoes not made for that purpose.

Eh, at least you took a shot at it. Better than those anons who are borderline allergic to women.

I always feel sorry for the turbo wagecucks at the cash register in the supermarket.

Shit I feel you, after school I was planless and already dropped out of Uni once, worked some months in minimum wage jobs too, not sure I'll do the degree I just started either...
What are your plans for the future?

You’re the fellow who wanted to move to Japan and pretended to not know what full stack or stack overflow was.

wtf no

yep, at least I'm trying. One day I'll get a gf!

Not entirely sure. I only started this job this month and am still being trained (two more weeks until I’m supposed to be ready although I already learned most stuff). If the workload and tasks remain the same after that I think I’d be fine doing this for a while. It is a chain store that is still expanding and there are some career options available (clerk>store manager>regional manger, that kind of thing) so maybe I’ll stick around and go that route, maybe not. I’ll have to see and decide after the first year that I contractually agreed to work there.

Seeing how this is my first “real” full time job (insured), I think I lowballed my initial salary proposal because the other trainees I talked to had higher hourly wages despite having the same qualifications. So if after year 1 I don’t get a raise to at least their level I’m probably gonna bounce. It is above minimum wage at least but no way I’m gonna put with being paid less than my coworkers.

The first six months or so most of my salary will go towards paying off some debt though which I accumulated as a result of the aforementioned mental health issues (depression mostly). After that I wanna start creating a nest egg among other things to give myself the option to look for another job if it comes to that. In the mid-term future I’m interested in saving up for a down-payment on a house in the vicinity here since I live in a comparatively rural area and prices aren’t that high (saw some for sub-70€k).
Once that’s done I’d feel a lot safer because if nothing else I’d have a place to stay and rent out. There should also probably be some jobs that I could do from home which would pay at least minimum wage in case work dries up around here. My little brother is in IT and recently registered his own LLC in the U.S. and is working directly with Intel so maybe he could advise me in this regard. I’m not exactly a programming whizz but neither am I computer illiterate so hey.

The middle-aged ones anyway. It isn’t that bad a gig if you’re fresh out of school or a pensioner who wants shit to do.

Trips means it’ll come true! There’s plenty fish in the sea and no matter your other attributes, as long as you can hold a job and aren’t a complete social fuck-up you should make for a decent enough potential mate for some woman.

How much do you get per hour?
Anyway good luck to you Brudi

I don't have a job so I woke up at 12
drank 5 cups of coffee
watched some youtube videos
shitposted on Jow Forums

How’s life in Chile?

Zehn Euronen. Die meisten der anderen kriegen elf.

Age? Depending on your answer that’s either funny or sad. 28, before anyone asks.

It's sad alright but I don't care I consider myself lucky to have lived such an easy life

>How’s life in Chile?

I'm a single male in my late-20s making 5 times the average wage, I don't think I'm quite qualified to cast an opinion on this subject.

Historically that is probably very true. Don’t wanna share then? You can change it +-2.

Well, I am interested in YOUR life in Chile and not necessarily the average person’s so you are. But from that answer I am assuming it’s okay.

My aforementioned little brother is working abroad and the cost of living where he works is so much lower than in Germany that despite likely earning a higher wage were he to work here his effective disposable income here would be way lower.

I make 2.5 million CLP. Average wage is around 500k CLP.

My rent in a top sector of Santiago is 700k but I rent a room to a friend and it comes down to 500k. Groceries is around 120k (basic groceries are shared with friend), car payment is 650k ('17 Golf GTI, only paying half with credit, the rest was paid cash), bills around 80k (again, shared with friend). The rest is free income.

Sounds like a decent amount. Are you saving up for anything at the moment?

As I mentioned earlier, I gotta use most of my income in the next months to pay off debt but after that I already have an eye on some things I wanna buy.

I wish the customer service in Canada was similar to Germany's so I wouldn't be expected to have to do small talk with customers

So move here. It’s not exactly hard.

language barrier, different culture and expensive. It'll be nice to visit, but some people just won't feel right

Baker cool :) Do you enjoying your job? Or it's just a temporary and want to find something else?
I am looking for an internship as a software developer. I am staying at home send resumes and improvement personal projects.
Nothing special, really want to get a job, even if it was a low paid internship.

Sorry, already read this message.
I'm rooting for you :)