What do Asians learn of pre-modern/colonial European history in school? If anything?

What do Asians learn of pre-modern/colonial European history in school? If anything?

Attached: 1473260610909.jpg (1152x2048, 450K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe:_A_History
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Crusade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_conquest_of_England
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Years'_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Golden_Spurs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Ages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Middle_Ages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Middle_Ages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_Middle_Ages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Crécy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Castillon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the Roman Empire and thats it

Absolutely nothing.... and that's a good thing.
18th century is where it starts.

We learn literally nothing about it. Most of the European history we learn is after WWI. In senior high school I became really interested in European medieval warfare and learned a lot about it online.

Good for you guys. Learning about Europe is boring.

Too bad.
Medieval is where it's at.

Attached: 1000-bulgars-slaughter-christians-10th-century.jpg (1280x876, 444K)

What are some interesting events, who are some interesting people we should know about? Serious.

Attached: 1555259601700s.jpg (125x103, 3K)

Oliver Cromwell banned Christmas and his body was then exhumed years after he had died and "executed".

Oliver Cromwell isn't Medieval
Well that's a difficult thing to answer. Medieval Europe is a topic so varied by time, place, and theme. Are you interested in 13th England? Perhaps the Albigensian Crusade catches your fancy? If you have any narrower topics by time, place, and/or topic I'd be happy to point you in some sort of a direction.

Oh shit you're right, that was during the Renaissance.
During the initial outbreak of the plague cults of fanatics would whip themselves to appease god, that's pretty interesting. You should probably learn about Charlemagne and how his failure to pick an heir probably prevented a new Roman Empire from forming.

Not to be pedantic, just trying to educate, by it certainly wasn't during the Renaissance either. The English Civil War and the subsequent Interregnum occurred during the 17th century, which is generally considered to be the end of the Early Modern period.

if you are talking about the medieval age we’ve learned that they were just barbarians who loved torturing people while the east was prospering

Also mean to say 13th century England, as far as I know there were not 13 Englands

Really? I never knew that, thank you fren.
That's a gross generalization.

You're welcome

Attached: 1212.jpg (428x595, 83K)

>That's a gross generalization.
yeah, our history education couldnt care less about facts. it is basically NPC breeding program
a lot of us are unironically butthurt about whites success in leading the world in the end

what is east in this case?
Do vikings in modern day UK count as medieval?

At least your country is still Korean, but you need to be more like best Korea.

Attached: North-Korea-South-Korea-light-pollution.png (600x378, 329K)

Fun fact: The word "vandal" comes from the Scandinavian tribe of raiders who sacked rome for the third time. They established a short lived in Kingdom in Africa after this which was promptly destroyed by the Eastern Roman Empire. That period is basically the most barbaric and torturous in Europe's history asides from the 30 years war maybe.

Are you referring to vikings who were in what is now the UK, or vikings who are currently in the UK? I assume the former. Then yes, the age of the viking raids occurred from c.793-1066, considered to be part of the Early Middle Ages, with the very end becoming the High Middle Ages.

non-whites east of Europe of course

>whip themselves
self-flagellation
some catholics in the Phillipines still do it

I believe it's still common in Spain and parts of Latin America as well.

>north korean lands have less electricity than south korean waters
lmao

Yeah but like something more specific. The Song dynasty in China? The ancient civilization(s) in India (whatever their fucking names are), Indonesia, Korean, etc.
I too would like to read more about these civilizations.
Yes, the former. I assume that is what the tv show is based off of too. The bubonic/black plague happened later, then? Idk, everything I've known about medieval just screams torture and death to me :( hence why saying "this looks so medieval" or the like is common, as if you're relating negative aspects to something to the medieval age

Yeah, the Black Plague started around 1347, with the main part ending around 1351

>in school
Very little, it's EU4 that told me everything I needed to know.

they learn probably as much as we do of them
>ie nothing

based Polish man :)))

Is there a good overview book on medieval Europe? Would be great if it's a intellectual history sort of book?

Also thanks for the replies anons.

Attached: 1555262480002s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

This book isn't strictly Medieval history, but it's a good overview of European History in general. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe:_A_History

>What are some interesting event
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Crusade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_conquest_of_England
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Years'_War

And an event that a lot of Flemish people like.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Golden_Spurs

the medieval period is 1000 years divided in three periods
wikipedia gives a good enough overview

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Ages

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Middle_Ages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Middle_Ages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_Middle_Ages

based

Attached: 1400-Battle-of-the-Golden-Spurs-vlaamings.png (282x264, 213K)

Main tags:
>Crusades
>Byzantium (fall of Constantinople)
>Mongol invasion

>100 years war
>British longbowmen killed enough nobles to cripple the entire French army for a decade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Crécy

ahh the answer is complex. you first have to understand the mentality of (nationalist) koreans is similar to that of schizos
if we say it was China then it goes against their anti-china narrative in which chinese civilization is said to be overrated and it was never realistically superior to the european or middle eastern ones.
then if it was India, well then how they should explain why india is so barbaric to this day?
the same goes for the middle east

Seconding , it's thicc as hell but you'll know more about European history than 99% of westerners when you finish

As far as intellectual history The Beginnings of Western Science is pretty good especially if you all really don't discuss Europe at all till the 18th century

>100 years war
>french knight decide they have enough of this longbow bullshit and decide to cannon those english guy killing approximately 6 englishmen per shot and ending the 100YW
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Castillon

>Both Talbot and his son died in the battle.[1] There is some debate over the exact circumstances of Talbot's death, but it appears as though his horse was killed by a projectile, its mass pinned him down, and then a French archer killed him with an axe.[19][20][21]

Attached: 1514956944961.jpg (300x300, 11K)

They don't even teach the kids anything about it in Australia. Shameful. No wonder this country is going down the toilet.

SEETHING!