I got arrested for drunk-driving on a motorcycle tonight, Jow Forums...

I got arrested for drunk-driving on a motorcycle tonight, Jow Forums. I just got released from the police station; does this happen in your country? I'm supposed to go to court for a hearing next week and I'm banned from operating motor vehicles at least until then.

Attached: 1554192731557[1].png (221x301, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L6SMGrIaals
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sucks ass
whenever things like that happen to me (car wreck, unexpected money related thing, etc) I freak out and block it out of my brain

been there, done that. hope you have a few grand lying around for a decent lawyer.

I'm probably going to have to sell the motorcycle to pay for the legal fees that will be associated with this case. I actually rode the motorcycle instead of driving a car BECAUSE I was drinking a bit, and I wanted to do the least damage possible to others in the event that I DID crash. I didn't crash; I accidentally ran into a sobriety checkpoint, and that was that.

could be worse then I guess. what did you blow? what is the legal limit in your state?

TBQF with Uber and left there’s really no excuse

How big of a deal drunk driving is in america? Here you would get hanged by the balls for admitting doing it.

Attached: 1547443474003.png (382x417, 325K)

In the documents they gave me, it claims that I blew an 0.11. The legal limit in my state is the standard .08.

Drunk driving is really frowned upon here. Drunk drivers belong to the same category of human filth with rapists and pedos.

It's not a good thing to be a drunk driver. There is a stigma associated with this. For most people, anyway.

hmm, that's really not to bad. to my knowledge, punishment becomes more severe when you exceed twice times the limit. however, with a good lawyer, as long as you don't kill or injure someone, punishment can be fairly tame.
I was twice above the limit for mine and I only got my license suspended for a few weeks and probation for 3 months. I paid roughly $5k all together including lawyer, court, and probation fees. I live in a really low cost area, so don't take that as an estimation for your own experience.

it's fairly common. as long as no one gets hurt it's not really seen as to big of a deal.

My uncle is a senior surgeon and he got caught driving drunk after a party. He was stopped by the traffic police but he showed his ID and asked the police officer to blow into the kit instead saying the smell of alcohol came from him instead. The guy got scared and let him pass lol

I’ve been caught riding my bike while drunk but I paid the cop off and went on, instead of having my bike taken and having to appear in court.

also, I don't know how the rules of expungement work in your state/county, but I would speak to your lawyer about having the time limit possibly shortened. that is if you don't plan on this occurring in the future (my state only allows you to do this once in a lifetime) and you plan to be seeking employment any time soon.
my lawyer was able to shorten the period of possible expungement to a year from the incident, whereas otherwise i'd have had to wait for a few years. I did this because of a foreseen change in employment.

>as long as
Ah. Here it's seen the other way. You're someone whos willing to risk running an innocent over, so you'll be treated as someone who could potentially cause the death to my closest ones, just to drive drunk. Just like pedos and rapists, you'd get severely ostracized here. Ofcourse it depends a bit on how frequent it is and how wasted you are, but the backlash would be severe from the moment you admit it.

imagine being this stupid

Did you try talking your way out of it?
youtube.com/watch?v=L6SMGrIaals

it's definitely bad but I imagine it's not as bad as your cunt because here walking is simply not feasible

that's the sensible approach to the matter, no doubt.
punishment does become more severe after repeated offenses. jail time, higher fines, etc. even then, with a good lawyer you can weasel out pretty effectively.
a big part of the issue is everyone drives and cities are sprawled out in wide areas. however, with ride sharing these days, there really isn't an excuse. anyway, from my own experience, it's still a shameful thing to go through and it's embarrassing to admit to if the topic happens to come up irl.

I know people do stupid shit when drunk and all, but why even decide to get drunk in the first place if you have no reliable way of getting home?

unironically would have had his brains bashed into the pavement for talking like that here

What a fucking retard.

I commute and ride to work on a motorbike almost every single day. While I can understand being young and dumb, you have to be a special sort of stupid to get wasted and climb atop two wheels. I've met so many people who wound up dead that way. Just a year or so back, I met an Asian-American medical student at a bar; h'd been drinking, failed to navigate a corner and died in front of all his friends.

>tfw Indian friend once told me about the time he rode his 150cc poocycle from New Delhi to Ghaziabad while tripping on acid

Drunk in your electric wheelchair lol

I hope you get a long sentence and your license permanently revoked.

More common in the south but regardless if you get caught doing it more than a couple times your life is practically over

Why are the races of these people important

Why did you have to say the guy was Asian American

Everyone knows at least of one news story where an entire family was wiped out by some idiot that couldn't spare the few bucks for a taxi so drunk driving is considered to absolutely subhuman-tier behaviour on par with major crimes that would result in immediate social exclusion.

it seems that the attitude towards drunk driving is somewhat disproportionate. I'm not defending it; it's a reckless and terrible thing to do, but judging by people's reactions to it you'd think it was on the level of crimes against humanity.

Sorry, not gonna happen unless he rushes the judge and spits in his face

Uh proofs?

we need to know that he wasn't a NIGGER

It's not disproportionate at all. In the US Alcohol-related crashes accounted for about 40 percent of all fatalities in traffic crashes last year. If you are drunk and you are sitting behind the wheel you are either knowingly or recklessly gambling with the life of other human beings, there is no room for trivialization here and you deserve any negative fallout you can get.

>arrested for drunk-driving
hope they'll sentence you to electric chair mo'fucker.

I never said it wasn't a terrible thing. I was just saying that judging by people's reactions you'd think it was equivalent to shooting up schools or committing crimes against humanity.

Its because it often claims human lives. In a way its more destructive than homicide and shit.

>In a way its more destructive than homicide and shit.
How does this even make sense?

Well a homicide kills just one person while drunk drivers annihilate entire families and groups of friends coming back from a party.

Homicide can include more than one person